Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Do you support this change?
Poll ended at Thu Jun 29, 2006 5:22 am
Yes 84%  84%  [ 52 ]
No 16%  16%  [ 10 ]
Total votes : 62

Main: Cyphe12
Level: 1566

I really like the clustering idea - but wouldn't people just split off from the team at the beginning of the uni and then build and later rejoin?

Turn off the "invite to team" function for the first 2 weeks of the uni and don't count any colonies that aren't in the 'hive' into the pop score... This would mean if you build somewhere else, then join later, you would somehow have to find a way to 'connect' yourself to the cluster whether through buying the galaxies between, or by taking them from other teams...

Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:03 am
Main: Convivial
Level: 1145

Or in a simpliler wording. Unless at least one adjacent gal is owned by your team the bases cannot be made team bases.

Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:01 am
Main: Cyphe12
Level: 1566

Or in a simpliler wording. Unless at least one adjacent gal is owned by your team the bases cannot be made team bases.

How about you just can't own the galaxy unless its adjacent to a galaxy owned by the team... This would mean galaxies without planets would need to be ownable though... Either that or 'adjacent' would have to mean 'no other ownable galaxies between which are not owned by team along any one route...'

Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:11 am
Team: The Forgotten Colonies
Main: Demonx
Level: 4976

you could have effects on owned galaxies that are X distance from the home galaxy.

For Example: A Galaxy only 1 jump away from the home galaxy could have positive neuro bonus like bonus electric, recovery etc. whereas a galaxy 10 jumps away would have negative neuro bonuses.

Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:23 am
Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Dr Junkie
Level: 2230

Ive been thinking alot about the fact that if I place a tech 16 and a tech 18 base witht eh same char, that they will have different lvls.

Solution:

Make the bases on the same char all have the same lvl.

So If I have Mastery 18 and management 18, ALL my bases will be:
AMBL: 18^2*(18+20)/20=615

Instead of the tech 16 bases being:
AMBL: 16^2*(18+20)/20=486

and the tech 18
AMBL: 18^2*(18+20)/20=615

With that large a lvl difference, my own bases might not even defend each other.

I would rather have all my bases be lvl 615 then half my bases being 615 and half my bases being 486.

This would also mean that If I have a lvl 200 Station master 20 and a lvl 600 station master 20, that ALL their bases would be:

AMBL: 18^2*(18+20)/20=800

And thus if I use my lvl 200 and my lvl 600 int he same system, they can defend each other.

Thu Jun 22, 2006 3:38 pm
Main: Lt.Nelson+
Level: 5

Good point. I didn't think of bases on same char not defending each other. I like the idea.

Thu Jun 22, 2006 3:43 pm
Profile YIM
Team: The Happy Campers
Main: Enji
Level: 1638

So, when I suggest a progressive expansion I get nearly called a noob, and when CC comes up, says the same thing but call it clusters, the idea suddenly appears to be good in the distant future... It helps to be famous...

And about players wanting a gal for themselve, thats just because they are selfish.... Does it matter if in a galaxy u have a EE base belonging to player A, a colony belong to CA player B ?? on another gal it will be the contrary (with other alts). If this situation sounds not acceptable for u then tell me the use of being in a team. Of course if u have ure own gal u can leave anytime. Maybe I am just a fool/noob, but I believe in loyalty to team so I dont care

Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:57 pm
Team: Vanu Sovereignty
Main: Purgatory
Level: 1075

So, when I suggest a progressive expansion I get nearly called a noob, and when CC comes up, says the same thing but call it clusters, the idea suddenly appears to be good in the distant future... It helps to be famous...

And about players wanting a gal for themselve, thats just because they are selfish.... Does it matter if in a galaxy u have a EE base belonging to player A, a colony belong to CA player B ?? on another gal it will be the contrary (with other alts). If this situation sounds not acceptable for u then tell me the use of being in a team. Of course if u have ure own gal u can leave anytime. Maybe I am just a fool/noob, but I believe in loyalty to team so I dont care

Some ppl preferr to have a gal of their own, not for selfishness but the idea of having your own gal is satisfying.. why else would I have crete lol - a team m8 could build if he wanted but trust me.. he doesn't want :)

Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:30 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Nurokourri
Level: 5049

So, when I suggest a progressive expansion I get nearly called a noob, and when CC comes up, says the same thing but call it clusters, the idea suddenly appears to be good in the distant future... It helps to be famous..

CC didn't even doing anything you just said. Calypso was talking about clusters.

Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:13 am
Team: Lord Of The Shadows
Main: NoWayDK
Level: 113

Post hmmm
jsut noticing that no admins have been on in about 4 days...wow how they watch the game = )

Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:53 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Nurokourri
Level: 5049

Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:19 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7