Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Main: voyager vs borg
Level: 1035

Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:09 pm
Team: Infinate Dreams
Main: Desert Rat
Level: 652

The majority of the Halloween droplist is going to be targeted at everyone, and I will not put more than a station master requirement on the special halloween drones. Yes, I will probably do two. A level 10 to 12 Pumpkin Thorax Drone, and a level 9 to 10 Ghostly Beam drone. One of the drones will be a straight drop, the other will be a blueprint drop using various commodities from the halloween drop list.

Overall the idea is to add items that everyone in game can have some fun working on collecting, not add a lot of class specific content and end up leaving some classes out. Expect this to be very similar to the way the Christmas drop list worked last year.

On the list so far are the following.

Haunted House - Station Kit
Pumpkin Drone - Jack o' Lantern Thorax Drone
Ghastly Drone - Ghostly Beam Drone
Jack o' Lantern Thorax - Fire damage Thorax
Undead Extractors - Various Extractors for Metal, Silicon and Nuclear Waste (much like the Christmas Tree Cutters)
Zombies - Undead Worker Alternative (much like Santa's Elves)
Spirit of the Damned - Trophey Ship that looks like a Spirit (will be level 5 and obtainable by f2p)
Ghosts - Commodity that comes in various colors for the Spirit of the Damned Ship quest.
Shadestop - Low level, Low visibility, Low speed mod shield with a high bank
Spiritstop - higher level Shadestop
Spectrestop - Higher level Spiritstop
Ghostly Robes - Cloak
Witches Broomstick - Engine
Gravedigger's Bonesacks - Hull Expanders for all ship classes. "Gravediggers need more room!"
Spooky Candles - Homing Beacon
Halloween Candies - Neurotweaks (Candy Corn, et cetra)
Various other Commodities (Wooden Stakes, Bats, Werewolves, et cetra)

Caelestis

Drones Pumpkin drone, maybe it use MF slate thorax, shouldnt be too broken due to it being non ethereal and not much use against anything other than porps and surjical does sort of fit in with the 'horror' them.

Sheilds Think of something other than -something- Stop, for the sheilds its a bit of a crappy name anyway also maybe have something like Firestream, Jet-stream (but not -something- stream) etc on the sheilds list.

Bases maybe you can include a feature like elec regen etc..but it'd be good if they had a new graphic too to break up the look of galaxies a bit.

Also on the f2p thing, please dont your encouraging people not to pay by giving them access to 'good' content.

Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:01 pm
Main: Cyphe12
Level: 1566

Drones Pumpkin drone, maybe it use MF slate thorax, shouldnt be too broken due to it being non ethereal and not much use against anything other than porps and surjical does sort of fit in with the 'horror' them.

Sheilds Think of something other than -something- Stop, for the sheilds its a bit of a crappy name anyway also maybe have something like Firestream, Jet-stream (but not -something- stream) etc on the sheilds list.

Bases maybe you can include a feature like elec regen etc..but it'd be good if they had a new graphic too to break up the look of galaxies a bit.

Also on the f2p thing, please dont your encouraging people not to pay by giving them access to 'good' content.

What about Ghoststream or Shadestream?
Tech 9
Size 40
1.3 Speed mod
700 bank
7/1.05 regen
10 Vis
-30% Visibility mod

Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:51 pm
Main: Lethal Dosage
Level: 2825

Madferret wrote:

What about Ghoststream or Shadestream?
Tech 9
Size 40
1.3 Speed mod
700 bank
7/1.05 regen
10 Vis
-30% Visibility mod

That would rock. Just lower the vis to 4-5, and drop the speed mod to maybe 1.2, I is supposed to be a ghost shield :P

Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:44 pm
Main: Soulless
Level: 492

Also, make it give 50% Resists to anything thats not ethereal.

Pwnage

Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:52 pm
Main: Lethal Dosage
Level: 2825

Also, make it give 50% Resists to anything thats not ethereal.

Pwnage

Umm... no....

Sat Sep 02, 2006 12:21 am
Main: Goz
Level: 1564

protection 20000
regen 5 every 1.2
elec cost 10
size 190
weight 100,000
tech 16
are you jack o nuf?

devilstream
protecgtion 666
regen 6 every 1.2
elec cost 6
size 16
weight 66,666
tech 8
speed mod 1.6
hell on wheels OR quick as death

Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:28 am
Profile WWW
Main: Soulless
Level: 492

Aww cmon, make the shield give SOME resist to any wep thats not ethereal.

I mean, damn, ur using a GHOST shield. And ghosts are not susceptible to anthing thats physical.

Maybe give it resists to Surg, Phys and Energy? And make it weak to Eth Lasers and other lasers?

Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:41 am
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Rat Zombie Slaves
Main: Caelestis
Level: 1959

I've already started the Neurotweaks, and it seems there is a shield debate! Do we want a stream type shield or a stop type shield?

As for bases, bases have had electrical regen for an extremely long time, and there are a lot of bases out there with them. Check any base kit above Laconia, check the UrQa, Paxian and Kikale Mzungu base kits. I even think Bellarmine's Mini-Cathedral has electric regen. As for giving them a different graphic, that is a problem. I am not skilled enough to make the changes required to the game code to allow for that, and we do not have a different set of base graphics we could use anyway.

Finally, we cannot make a drone shoot multiple weapons at once and we cannot give resistances to etheral weaponry. Etheral weaponry is not a damage type, therefore we cannot assign a resistance to it. I am sorry to shoot down some of the suggestions since my last post, but there are things we cannot do, and Jeff L has more important work to do on Client 2, so I cannot take him away from that for code changes that would only be used for a Holiday droplist.

Caelestis

Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:24 pm
Main: Cyphe12
Level: 1566

and we cannot give resistances to etheral weaponry. Etheral weaponry is not a damage type, therefore we cannot assign a resistance to it.

Just a thought of how one might be able to pull off that concept of eth only weapons...

The shield creates and 'envelopment' type thing around the ship which stays attached... It is invulnerable... The shield itself has 1 bank and 1 regen per 60 seconds... Meaning if you get hit once with an eth weapon, you'll die, and regen in 60 seconds... Might work... might not, but would be a neat idea to explore...

On that note, I don't really like the idea of only eth weapons dealing dmg to a shield...

I still like my idea of just giving it medium bank/regen/speed mod, but then give it a stealth modifier as well...

Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:41 pm
Main: SerjicalStrike2
Level: 2683

I would rather see a stream type shield with more than a 1.4 speed mod.

Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:01 pm
Team: Vanu Sovereignty
Main: Purgatory
Level: 1075

jackolanternstop
protection 20000
regen 5 every 1.2
elec cost 10
size 190
weight 100,000
tech 16
are you jack o nuf?

devilstream
protecgtion 666
regen 6 every 1.2
elec cost 6
size 16
weight 66,666
tech 8
speed mod 1.6
hell on wheels OR quick as death

1.6... no lol, BROKEN... make it 1.36 or something, afraid you can't put the 6 in there - love the rest of it though :)

make a Purgatory stream afterall "the purgatory" is a dark place ^^

Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:17 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Rat Zombie Slaves
Main: Caelestis
Level: 1959

I am just about finished with all the Halloween Stuff, and I taken the time and effort to make this a very enjoyable holiday time. This means there is going to be a very special new galaxy added, the Graveyard. In this area players will get to assist the Mad Professor Logan in his research into the paranormal and supernatural including Space Rat Zombies and Restless Spirits!

Also, higher levels, be prepared for an extremely special suprise. Something extremely frightening is coming...

Caelestis

Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:42 pm
Team: Imperium
Main: Gurjit
Level: 666

WooT thanks Cael, now all i need is a pax to frighten them back in :lol:

Sun Sep 17, 2006 11:01 pm
Main: Demiser of D
Level: 4

make the thorax have little spinning skulls! that would p00n!

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Fuck you, Cygnus.

Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:51 am
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next