Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Main: Goz
Level: 1564

thoraxes should have range or they can be diffused by the guy whos 180 distance away

Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:04 am
Profile WWW
Team: Silver Guardians
Main: R.S.S. Wasp
Level: 4683

Pumpkin Jux. L:ong range Fire. Reasonable damage, tech 5.

https://sect.news/

Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:32 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Rat Zombie Slaves
Main: Caelestis
Level: 1959

The problem with some of these items is that it will change the fundamentals of the game. If zombies become some kind of uber worker alternative... AND we get to make them, then they will become an more important in the game long term then they realy should be.

This stuff should be fun... But it shouldn't be long-term balance effecting additions.

Re: The Zombies...

Make them useful and non-buildable or useless and buildable. Both useful and buildable is asking for trouble in the long-term.

This is a very good point that I think should be considered when suggesting holiday item ideas. I personally am not looking for items that will significantly alter the flow of the game, just some fun items to throw in that are 'bonuses' for people that play during the holiday. I might have gone overboard with the Zombies, but, they will merely be a worker alternative. I cannot make them super worker substitutes.

We will have special Halloween station kits. I personally am thinking a weakness to heat and transference, but resistances to other damage types. If I can make stationkits with higher starting space, the Halloween kits will have it.

I like the idea of the Jack o' Lantern Thorax as well, and I feel it should be a building project, so perhaps you will see that when we add the droplist. It will be one of the harder to get items, and will require you to really go after other Halloween drops (similar to the Damned Spirit ship).

Finally, I am thinking about adding a special Halloween combat drone. If any of the "#1 Drone Master Fans" have suggestions, it would be appreciated. Currently, I am looking at something around Level 10 that will be a nice perk if people who use drones can get a full set.

Caelestis

Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:29 pm
Team: Androsynth
Main: Fire_Ball
Level: 971

ya idea make it a tech 10 dm only drone so far dm only have pp drones that are dm only

Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:56 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: death comes with kill
Level: 13652

Death Killed Over- same as DWO but different name =p

Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:44 am
Main: Soulless
Level: 492

A Drone taht fires a Modified Version of a Fire Cannon Which shoots out 6 Bullets at 20 Damage Each.

OR a Drone that fires a Super Fire Beam that shoots 2 Beams at the same time...like , its a weapon that shoots 2 lasers.

Mon Aug 21, 2006 1:07 am
Main: Cyphe12
Level: 1566

Death Killed Over- same as DWO but different name =p

What about if it was slightly smaller, like maybe 60 size instead of 85...?

As for drones... I've got a couple ideas...

Code:
NAME: "Witch Way Drone"
DRONE TYPE: Stationary Drone
TECH: 13
SIZE: 113
WEIGHT: ~113,000
LIFESPAN: 13 minutes
ELEC COST: 3113
SHIELD: ~Dead/Undead 'stop'
RESISTS: 13% to everything, cept 90% to radiation
WEAPON: Witch's Curse

Witch's Curse
Damage Type: Laser, Etherial
Damage: 130 (100 dps)
Recoil: 1.3 seconds
Range: 313
Special: Short Random Tweak (some positive, some negative, affecting things like speed, weight, tracking, range, agility, thrust... sometimes gives forced thrust, sometimes forced turn, sometimes -100% thrust or turning, but each only for 0.5-1.5 seconds...)

AQUISITION: Random Drop AND/OR Blueprint, Requires:
-----1 Soul Magic Drone
-----1 Cursed Rod (Weapon, Random Uncommon AI Drop)
-----5,000 Metals
-----10,000,000 Initial & Periodic Credits

SUMMARY: A neat drone with very random results. The DPS isn't great compared to alot of weapons and drones out there, but the random tweaks could be a great asset in combat. I wasn't sure if this one would need a BP or not, so I put it in there anyways...

Code:
NAME: Pumpkin Pie Launcher
DRONE TYPE: Mobile Drone, DM ONLY
TECH: 10
SIZE: 40
WEIGHT: ~80,000
LIFESPAN: 11 minutes
SHIELD: Strong shield, zombiestop?
RESISTS: 50% Heat
WEAPON: Pumpkin Pie

Pumpkin Pie
Damage Type: Heat, Thorax(orange)
Damage: 210 (300 dps)
Recoil: 0.7 seconds
Range: 275-325
Tracking: Regular Thorax
Special: Very short grem effect, forced turn no thrust

AQUISITION: Blueprint, Requires
-----1 Pumpkin Thorax
-----1 Pie Crust (Commod - Common)
-----1 Pie Filling (Commod - Common)
-----1 Hellfire Remain
-----1,000 metals
-----1,000,000 initial and periodic credits

SUMMARY: Thorax weapons and drones wouldn't generally mix... I gave it good range so that when the projectiles get launched out (due to being a mobile drone) there isa good chance they'll be able to make it back to hit an enemy. A full deploy of these drones have the potential for very high DPS, but will likely always have trouble maintaining solid DPS even with the DM tracking bonus on the weapon. I think it should be a BP drone, but should also use commods only attainable during the Halloween season... Also, the very slight grem effect (and I mean it should be no more than a twitch) might help very slightly with those pesky pulse guns, while not having a huge effect in PvP or PvE...

Code:
NAME: UNICEF Box Drone
DRONE TYPE: Stationary Drone, DM ONLY
TECH: 19
QUOTE: "Save a penny, feed a shield."
SIZE: 400
WEIGHT: ~420,000
LIFESPAN: 2 Minutes
ELEC: 34,000
SHIELD: Ghoulstop (or similar, very high bank, no regen)
RESISTS: 100% Transference, -400% Everything Else
SPECIAL: Built in Aura(325 radius) --- +25% Shield Bank, +25 Shield Regen(amount), -40% Speed(EVERYTHING)
WEAPON: Pennysaver

Pennysaver
Damage Type: Transference (Use the 'coins' as the graphic with very fast movment and very high tracking... Assuming its possible for a projectile bases transference weapon)
Damage: -30 (-150 dps)
Recoil: 0.2 seconds (DM20 would max out firing rate making it almost like a stream)
Range: 50

AQUISITION: Difficult 1 time only mission... I can think up the actual mission if you think you might use it...

SUMMARY: Basically, this drone would be very expencive to get, and a very powerful asset to and droner's arsenal. In combat it would be very difficult to use, and also would be easily killed due to the high weaknesses to all damage types... Its tech 19, so it uses a good number of drone slots and needs tech 20 gear glue to protect it. Ubers may well 1 shot the drone, so using it is at your own risk, and the exceptionally high elec cost means you might need to sacrifice alot of regen or use a different aug to be able to place it...

Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:27 am

A Drone taht fires a Modified Version of a Fire Cannon Which shoots out 6 Bullets at 20 Damage Each.

OR a Drone that fires a Super Fire Beam that shoots 2 Beams at the same time...like , its a weapon that shoots 2 lasers.

2 Beams at the same time would just look like 1 beam that causes extra lag... 6 fire cannon bullets would make it so a fully deploy could likely crash people's computers... Imagine 90-180 fire cannon bullets shooting something... Instead 0.001 fps...

Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:30 am

I mean, cmon...

Plus, if they do this, just make it so it doesnt shoot it with Particles. But little Mini Pumpkins, so like every bullet looks like a pumpkin.

Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:59 am

But the Fire Cannon idea owns.

I mean, cmon...

Plus, if they do this, just make it so it doesnt shoot it with Particles. But little Mini Pumpkins, so like every bullet looks like a pumpkin.

Good idea for a weapon... Bad idea for a drone... 6x15 objects on the screen in the SS graphic engine is just asking for lag...

Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:02 am
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Rat Zombie Slaves
Main: Caelestis
Level: 1959

A Pumpkin Thorax drone might work, I will make a test thorax drone and see how well they function, and if all goes well, you should see a special drone master Pumpkin Thorax drone on the Halloween Droplist.

Caelestis

Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:55 am

A Pumpkin Thorax drone might work, I will make a test thorax drone and see how well they function, and if all goes well, you should see a special drone master Pumpkin Thorax drone on the Halloween Droplist.

Caelestis

Sweet =D

Remember... the range is necessary for the 'mobile' drones to counteract the fact that their projectile will be flying out during the 'warmup' period...

Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:45 am

Fine, what about a Torpedo Drone called the Toilet Paper Barrage?

Shoots Shaolin Kick Torpdedos! :lol:

Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:49 am
Main: Demiser of D
Level: 4

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Fuck you, Cygnus.

Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:21 pm
Main: Tengu
Level: 866

Caelestis

Will any other of the classes see class specific stuff other than the drone masters?

~Tengu

Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:37 pm
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next