Team: Silver Guardians
Main: R.S.S. Wasp
Level: 4683

Ah with the Mining Laser supreme it needs Weight decrease, hull size decrease and the tweak taken off.

https://sect.news/

Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:30 pm
Profile WWW
Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Dr Junkie
Level: 2230

In my thread in misc i made some suggestions about the "Ancient Scoutship". Take a look.

The inbuild "effect" (not sure what to call it) is NOT working atm. Dunno if that is due to the fact that we have a temp uni, but it is NOT working.

The missions were all in all ok. The mining of faranji debris is a little too "runescape" for my taste, but I'll live with it. The storyline of the different missions was GREAT. 10 out of 10 points for that.

You don't seem to be able to start the "translator droid" mission unless you have allready spoken to barf in Deep Space, minor problem.

While i was in nexus for the translator droid mission, I did the "Jolly Roger strike 2" mission, in which you have to collect Jolly Roger Transceivers and receivers. The mission says you need 2 receivers, you only need 1. Minor problem. A bigger problem is that I think the mission commod is set to only drop if you DON't have one allready. (Which is problem when you are asked to get 3 Jolly Roger Receivers.) I could only get the mission to work by tossing the commod, killing the AI scooping the mission commod, rescooping the tossed commod. Then tossing 2 mission commods, killing the 3rd Jolly roger, scooping the new mission commod and the last 2 commods i had just tossed.
I presume this is to prevent "farming" of mission commods????

On a small note, during the missions i get asked for quantemum twice, maybe use another commod the second time around? Just for variation.

Looking forward to seing what the Seals and mzungu code is for! :D

Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:30 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Rat Zombie Slaves
Main: Caelestis
Level: 1959

Also I was wondering if you could tell use how many aug slots the Kikale Mzungu Ruins Frigate has and the Bule Abada Ruins Stealth Fighter have. You told us what the other two ruin ships have in the way of aug slots.

3 Augmenter slots on both of those ships. As for the map, I will see what I can do. We have a 'Map Position' we can set, but I am not entirely too sure that it works.

I looked into the augment bonuses, the ones on items work, but for some reason the ones on ship do not. I will ask Atlum to look into that, since he added those, and considering how many ships coming in use them, it is an important matter to look into and should be looked into promptly.

I will look into the mission problem with that nexus mission, it definately should not be acting that way. Mission should take one Transmitter, and three Receivers, the text will be altered to reflect that. As for the other problem, that is very odd. Mission Commods are set to drop until you have the total needed for the mission. So it should only have stopped dropping after you had the total needed. For the Translator droid, I know it is a hassle to have a mission prerequisite, but I do think it is also fun to get people to do the nexus :)

As per your final request, that makes a good deal of sense, I will change the damaged Temporal Generator mission to use another commodity.

The arena lobby is getting tweaked, I noticed a few problems or had them noticed for me. The Mining Laser Supreme is getting a slight buff, it will be smaller, lighter and a little longer range. The Asteroid Freighter size is getting reduced, 1100 was a mistake, it will be 100. The token cast for some missions was reduced, and the Traginium Destabilizer that was originally missing is back. The Traginium Destabilizer should be an item that is worth looking into for a higher level player. During a raid, the shield monkey or another support player could use this combined with Traginium to stock other players with promethium at a ratio of 1:10. A short mining trip into Bonnet, and a raid might be able to last much longer.

Finally, I have discovered a bug with the AI Ambush spawners. AI with special animation files will not despawn properly. Until it can be fixed, it might cause a problem with some missions (Space Jelly, Temporal Rifts) unless the spawn is entirely killed off. I will try to make the Temporal Rift not travel, that should help in Enigmatic Sector.

Thank you for all your feedback, you should see all these changes implemented with the new universe.

Caelestis

Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:52 pm
Main: Soulless
Level: 492

Also, Cael can you guys PLEASE increase the pirate crest drop rates?

I have killed 73 SBA and only gotten 5 Crests, thats fucking insane.

Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:35 am
Team: Star Wars
Main: Peter_The_Puller
Level: 804

Dude SBA dont usually have Crests, kill SBAS

And Cael, did you mean 100 or 1000 on the mistake on the asteroid freighter?

Fri Sep 01, 2006 3:20 am
Profile WWW
Team: Silver Guardians
Main: R.S.S. Wasp
Level: 4683

^ in relevence to the last quote, try Tints.

https://sect.news/

Fri Sep 01, 2006 4:32 am
Profile WWW
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: Pear
Level: 5670

hey cael, the tragium destableizer could do with a little tweeking, 1 trag to 10 prom isnt worth it, id say up it to 75 prom, then people could get thre moneys worth 10 prom just isnt worth it.

Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:26 am
Team: Olympus
Main: Calypso
Level: 1800

Location: Scranton, PA, USA, Earth, Sol, Orion Spur, Milky Way, Local Group, Universe, Multiverse
Ugh, RobC, it takes 10 minutes to mine 15-20 Traginium from Bonnet. With this new convertor thats 150-200 Prom. 150-200 Prom = Literally HOURS of fuel and it's fuel that won't decay until you need it. IMO, I'm wondering wtf you're thinking, it's probably too good already, making it better would just be uberly broken.

Calypso

Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:40 am
Team: Olympus
Main: Calypso
Level: 1800

Location: Scranton, PA, USA, Earth, Sol, Orion Spur, Milky Way, Local Group, Universe, Multiverse
I'm just counting the time spent in bonnet, getting there and back will take a lot longer. But with an excom / abset and a good radar (or a big ship) it's right fast.

Calypso

Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:56 am