Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 208 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next
Team: Infinate Dreams
Main: Desert Rat
Level: 652

Old players won't have the same skill, they will also have a legacy skill that doesn't cost alot and will give +1% to some stats, a skill that will not be in game anymore after this change..

Yeah I got that thanks the 1st 2 times you repeated it.

Atlum wrote:
New players will have the new skill only while old players have both. .

and again, yes.

Atlum wrote:
Calypso do bring a point that 1200+ skill points to get to high 40 is maybe a bit much, we will think about that.

Exactly you could completly break a charicter by making it cost to acheive the same level as they already are, hence the logistics havent been thought of properly.

Tue Sep 12, 2006 1:39 am
Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Dr Junkie
Level: 2230

I know you guys have thought alot about this. Augs and aug tweaking is one of the most "intriguing" things about this game. All in all the solution is good.

1. This means that I can get higher Aug tweak on my alts, yay! My Merchant can finally get more hull on his Emp Behemoth.

2. Means a more smooth lvling curve.

However, will those with Aug tweak 3 also get legacy 3? That means i will only be 1% better then those who never bothered to do an emp run? I see the problem of making an unattainable skill to powerfull, but honestly, Aug tweak 4 should give more then 1% bonus compared to Aug tweak 3ors. I mean, F2P chars have AT3....

And I don't mind doing content to get New Aug Tweak 35, I game for content......

Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:06 am
Team: Death Mental
Main: RevolutionPower
Level: 4939

You got a point Junkie. But at a certain moment emp runs were just a joke, gameplay wise.

Nobody can tell me I don't deserve at least AT4. Nobody can tell me I didn't play long enough, or didn't work hard enough. Nobody can tell me I'm a worse player than players that do have AT4, or even AT7. I'm hereby not implying everyone that has AT4 or higher doesn't deserve it more than me, many do, but many also do not.

Alot of players just got a free ride in an emp run team. Especially before aug tweak 'tokens' were limited to 20 chars of the emp run team per emp run. Even after aug tweak was limited to 20 charachters, people still got aug tweak up without doing significant work.

There's even people who never even were on an emp team and got AT4. And some just bought accounts and got it that way.

If emp runs had been 100% fair and the rewards 100% deserved I wouldn't said the legacy skills needed to be more defining and powerful. But right now, there's just too many non deserving high AT, that I don't want to see flying around still with a 1-6% difference in AT.

I love the whole levelling curve as you said Junkie.

Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:20 am
Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Polydectes
Level: 1842

well I want my cool SP back for AT to 3 ; ) 15 SP, taht is likeenough for 5 or so of the new AT ;) GIMME SP. and I'm guessing that the new AT from like 31-55 will be in the enigmatic sector, and if you set it there it causes problems for creating alts to counteract the flawed base system. and you can get to lvl 666 now with NO AT at all, I have a char that has only basic skills and can clear all teh way up to DF150, adn can even take out a solo BG.. he has 1200 or so SP free, AT is nice, but you can lvl withought it, it will just be harder. The only immediate problem is hullspace... it is true that you CAN reach te same lvl of AT you have, but if you can;t fit your gear in your ships.. the DS for instance that some people NEED AT 4 to use, might cuase some serious problems.

Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:31 am
Team: pantalones
Main: AE1
Level: 1139

It's gonna be different and the power of each character will not be instantly the same as it was before. That's expected.

If a lower level character cannot pay for augmenter tweaking then it's kinda assumed that this player will have to level to get back to the power he was before with the new system but it's still possible that 1250 sp is too much.

Other then that I think we are working pretty hard at making sure the impacts to old players are minimal.

I'm sorry, but I have to say that I just don't think Admin is thinking this through. High level in some skill's set's are going to get screwed. Like Fleet merchant or Master Fleet merchant, Colonial Administration etc... that is around level 1000 that can't just go out and kill Ai's like Bg's / forgone's / Pick's to get SP to level up in the "New AT". So they just get left behind?

I'm with Convivial and have to say this is leaving a bad taste in my mouth. After all Admin is asking use to swallow this. :roll:

Last edited by lou on Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:57 am, edited 3 times in total.

Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:32 am
Team: Silver Guardians
Main: R.S.S. Wasp
Level: 4683

God bless Julian and Caelestis, Atlum, I like you but I think this is a mistake. Jeff, I actually see you as one of my best friends. I've killed my image in the game. I'm pathetic, delete my account. Love yall.

https://sect.news/

Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:32 am
Profile WWW
Main: Demiser of D
Level: 4

at leasst make the first 5-10 lvls only cost 1 sp, so people can get an immediate taste, and so the noobers can get it, up to lvl ten. then put the rest of the lvls in W2 or above, or in say sol and cost a reaver in item form to get there. so its hard to get. also, couldn't you decreace the cost for a day or so 2 AT to say lvl 1? or 2? i mean, 80 mil for a lvl noobers could pretty easily get before is kinda harsh. i could get it, but it would drain my assets by quite a bit, for at least a day or so.

ok, thats my rant

P.S. im sorry if my suggestions seem a little off, my great-great-great-great-great aund died recently :( ... im kinda down. oh, well. THE WILL, THE WILL!!! :P

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Fuck you, Cygnus.

Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:00 am
Team: Death Mental
Main: RevolutionPower
Level: 4939

I run a loop, I believe this is pretty accurate for what it'll take sp-wise right? It's not too bad, like 300 levels for the max. But with the neuro skills taking much more, and people often getting other zen skills as well you're gonna be really low on sp.

http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/4521/loopik2.png

Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:10 am
Team: WHO
Main: Leroy78
Level: 3360

Nobody can tell me I don't deserve at least AT4.

You did have AT4 though.....

Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:15 am
Team: WHO
Main: Leroy78
Level: 3360

If it's gonna be SP based like that, it should have a massive SP cost, forces people to level so I can kill them. :lol:

Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:20 am
Team: Tutela ut Nemesis
Main: Evan W
Level: 1053

It's gonna be different and the power of each character will not be instantly the same as it was before. That's expected.

If a lower level character cannot pay for augmenter tweaking then it's kinda assumed that this player will have to level to get back to the power he was before with the new system but it's still possible that 1250 sp is too much.

Other then that I think we are working pretty hard at making sure the impacts to old players are minimal.

Lol, sorry, but minimal means that an old player gets to have A T 3 equivilant for almost no cost. What you guys came up with will cost hundreds of SP for that equivilant. In my case I'm level 930 or so and I have around 400 SP left after getting some zen skills. I don't make alot of money I just get lucky sometimes when hunting AI. So at my level you don't get much from killing anything and I won't even be able to get to my equivilant level with what I have now. Especially if I won't have the same abilities. Sorry no thanks.

Adjust it so that we all come into the next uni with the equvilant new skills and can start leveling them from there. Thats the best, most fair solution.

I really don't like the legacy tweak thing at all either. The whole reason I've been a very loud (possibly the loudest) voice about changing aug tweaking is because of a bad deal like this. The only reason I've even wanted change is because people that got something I cannont get got it illegally years ago and were allowed to keep it. This legacy tweak is no different. New players will be at a disadvantage no matter how small its still wrong.

Evan

Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:30 am
Team: pantalones
Main: AE1
Level: 1139

1500 skill points... yikes.

I say make it more powerfull per level and cap it at 20 or so. That way it fits with the other skills.

level 55 = 305 levels worth of SP. Yikes.

level 20 at the cost of 25sp per level = 100 levels worth of SP. Bit better imo

I was thinking almost the same thing.

Keep the old AT system, but increase it to level 10 and make it a little weaker and obtainable to everyone not just Emp run awards. This way the people that have AT 5 would just start up from there etc... Why should we revamp the whole AT thing?

Last edited by lou on Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:32 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 208 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next