Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 208 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 14  Next
Team: Light Commerce
Main: dragoonlord
Level: 772

if we get a skill reset for this then theyd have to give us the money for the skills aswell. otherwise theres some ofus who are too poor to get thier class skills back

<.<
>.>

Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:09 am
Main: new charchter
Level: 2419

Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:40 am
Team: Tutela ut Nemesis
Main: Evan W
Level: 1053

I agree a skill reset would be very helpful, but I also agree that I couldn't afford to get my skills back anyway on the credits side either. I'll even write the coding to convert the current A T database for each player over to the new system if they are to busy to do it. It wouldn't even take an hour if you know the variables and have the files in front of you.

Evan

Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:30 am
Main: voyager vs borg
Level: 1035

offtopic/ why dont u join the admins? /offtopic

Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:57 am
Main: Lt.Nelson+
Level: 5

I'm fine with it as suggested, but there are a couple things I'd like to see.

1. ALL the money spent on training our current levels of AT should be refunded. We paid for the skill. If the skill is taken away, then we should get our money back.

2. We should not have to do any content to get back to where we are now. A person with AT5 (100%) bonus, should be given the equivalent in the new AT levels. We already did the content to get to where we are. We shouldn't be knocked down only to have to climb back up to where we already are.

3. The people who busted their asses to get AT levels through emp runs should be compensated with something more than Legacy Tweak's 1% bonus per level. A 1% bonus is not even close to worth the effort put into getting those levels.

Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:00 pm
Profile YIM
Team: Death Mental
Main: RevolutionPower
Level: 4939

I'm with Nelly. Apart from maybe 3. I'm just not sure, I do think that the 1% bonus is not worth the work that was done to get the AT in some cases. But in other cases people got both a free-ride in the team, AT trough a base, and the legacy skill will probably become permanent. If it's a 2.5% difference for example you'll have a 15% difference that new players can't get, and it'll just create the same problem in 6 months that admins are trying to fix now. Besides, some players played for over a year with AT4(+), up to 7 even for long periods of time. I played with 3 for most of my playing time, in a way you've already profited from it for months probably more than the work it cost you to get it. And will profit from it in the future, just quite a bit less I do agree.

Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:26 pm
Team: The Happy Campers
Main: Enji
Level: 1638

If it's a 2.5% difference for example you'll have a 15% difference that new players can't get, and it'll just create the same problem in 6 months that admins are trying to fix now.

Agreed, the legqcy skill should keep low.

I like Thanar's idea, the SP cost is more acceptable. I thikn Calypso's point of view of sp cost is not to be ignored: a huge skill point cost would indeed make non fighiting skills who have difficulties to level up mule classes, for both old and new players. Even if new players can adapt more easily since they wont have tons of useless skill (though they can do mistakes).

Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:24 pm
Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Dr Junkie
Level: 2230

In general I find the concept very good. Im not to bothered by the skill point cost. Gives a Good reason to lvl up.

I think it would be ALOT more fitting if the legacy gave:

Aug tweak3->Legacy 1
Aug Tweak4->Legacy 4
Aug Tweak 5->legacy 5

No offense but being 1% better aug tweak wise, then some F2P kinda annoys me.... The Legacy 1 would mean taht people didnt totally waste the 270 mill they spent on Aug tweak 3. Its cheaper then any bar skill out there.

Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:04 pm
Main: Convivial
Level: 1145

In general I find the concept very good. Im not to bothered by the skill point cost. Gives a Good reason to lvl up.

I think it would be ALOT more fitting if the legacy gave:

Aug tweak3->Legacy 1
Aug Tweak4->Legacy 4
Aug Tweak 5->legacy 5

No offense but being 1% better aug tweak wise, then some F2P kinda annoys me.... The Legacy 1 would mean taht people didnt totally waste the 270 mill they spent on Aug tweak 3. Its cheaper then any bar skill out there.

Not a bad idea but could that be ammended to:
Aug tweak3->Legacy 1
Aug tweak 3 and on an emprun->Legacy 3
Aug Tweak4->Legacy 4
Aug Tweak 5->legacy 5

Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:52 pm

how would the admins be able to chek that unless spending along time?

Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:40 pm

Given that the star appears for those who were on emp run teams, it would be a simple check in the DB.

Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:51 pm

but dint it apear for people who got the aug tweak(thats what i heard sometime)
but u will probably now it

Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:54 pm
Main: Goz
Level: 1564

I'm fine with it as suggested, but there are a couple things I'd like to see.

1. ALL the money spent on training our current levels of AT should be refunded. We paid for the skill. If the skill is taken away, then we should get our money back.

2. We should not have to do any content to get back to where we are now. A person with AT5 (100%) bonus, should be given the equivalent in the new AT levels. We already did the content to get to where we are. We shouldn't be knocked down only to have to climb back up to where we already are.

3. The people who busted their asses to get AT levels through emp runs should be compensated with something more than Legacy Tweak's 1% bonus per level. A 1% bonus is not even close to worth the effort put into getting those levels.

exactly

Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:20 pm
Profile WWW
Team: The Happy Campers
Main: Enji
Level: 1638

Not a bad idea but could that be ammended to:
Aug tweak3->Legacy 1
Aug tweak 3 and on an emprun->Legacy 3
Aug Tweak4->Legacy 4
Aug Tweak 5->legacy 5

I am lost here... If you were on a emp run, why didnt u get the aug tweak ? Whatever the reason, you never had the reward before, why would you get the "after effect" of what you never had ?

There was no difference between AT3 before, why should there be one for AT legacy? I understand that the Ubers want to get a little bigger edge on the lower characters (1% to 5% compared with the 3% to 5% Atlum's rule would give), but not why there should be a difference between AT3.

Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:13 pm

Umm because to get the pop needed for it it was promised to to many other people? And why not I contributed to patroling etc. and was at risk through them. I am not an uber nor do I have alts.

Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:47 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 208 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 14  Next