Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 208 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Main: Goz
Level: 1564

Look, the easy solution is to simply change the way AT work and allow people to get the current augmenter tweaking to 25/50/whatever at 2/4% per level. This mean invalidating 100% of what was done for emp runs before.

Instead, I insisted that we had to give something to people that add the skill before, so we are adding a new one and people with the current skill will keep a permanent legacy bonus. This bonus is even problematic a bit since eventually new people will complain about it.

All in all it's incredible the amount of bitching and complaining you guys seem capable off when in fact what we are offering is hope that someday even non uber will get into the AT4-5 range, something they could never have done in the old system.

Atlum, I love ya but like I said, give people who ahve AT eqivalents af what they ahve now so they dont hvae to spend 1 sp or 1 cred on buying a skill tehy jus got takes from them

Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:17 am
Profile WWW
Main: voyager vs borg
Level: 1035

they should be able to lvl it to 5 lvls higher for emp seals in the emperors club. it IS supposed to be a pretty nice reward for becoming emp, after all

please dont make posts like that.
the gap is to big and people without at 5 have hard times lvling at higher lvl's

Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:42 am
Team: Heaven
Main: SomethingLikeMe
Level: 1501

Reset all characters back to level 0. No one gets unfair advantages due to already having extra skill points.

FFS people, think in long term. Look at the bigger picture. Yes, I admit that it'll be major blowage when we have to pay large amounts of cash and SPs to get what we already had... But in long term things will be a lot more balanced between players. Everyone is getting the same options.

Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:47 am
Main: Convivial
Level: 1145

Elyrk wouldn't be happy with that idea. I am sure he would say the same thing "I am not paying sp and credits just to get back what I had"

Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:50 am
Team: The Happy Campers
Main: Enji
Level: 1638

How can ppl ask for the new AT skill for FREE ?????? Cant u see that a new player would have to spen 1k skill points, but u WOULDNT have if they do not ?? Damn it seams so obvious that a player who start after the change would have to spend 1k sp int AT, while old players whould have had their AT equivalent for free ?

Explain to me how this could be fair ? You are simply asking for 100-300 levels free...

Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:03 am
Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Dr Junkie
Level: 2230

All in all it's incredible the amount of bitching and complaining you guys seem capable off when in fact what we are offering is hope that someday even non uber will get into the AT4-5 range, something they could never have done in the old system.

From a guy who has been on 2 emp runs, I still think this is a very good solution. I would like something more then 2% between me and any Aug tweak 3(old) noobie. This will make the Game as a whole soooooooooooo much better.

Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:19 am
Main: Cyphe12
Level: 1566

Atlum wrote:

From a guy who has been on 2 emp runs, I still think this is a very good solution. I would like something more then 2% between me and any Aug tweak 3(old) noobie. This will make the Game as a whole soooooooooooo much better.

You have a couple emp runs worth of stars that we have to catch up on. =D

Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:28 am
Main: Convivial
Level: 1145

Atlum wrote:
Look, the easy solution is to simply change the way AT work and allow people to get the current augmenter tweaking to 25/50/whatever at 2/4% per level. This mean invalidating 100% of what was done for emp runs before.

Instead, I insisted that we had to give something to people that add the skill before, so we are adding a new one and people with the current skill will keep a permanent legacy bonus. This bonus is even problematic a bit since eventually new people will complain about it.

O...M...F...G.... now i have to try to explain it to an admin too?!?!?!?! Lets try it this way....

I LIKE THE CONCEPT AND IDEAS OF THE NEW SYSTEM!!!!!!!! But, i DISPISE they way you intend to implement it... If it hasnt gotten in to your head why i dislike it so much, then it never will, read over my previous post about 10 times or so and MAYBE you will understand, im not gonna try to explain it agian, nor am i going to even bother to post agian in this thread... CLEARLY noone understands my point... so..... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

and ill say this again, if you take my aug tweaking away, and make me RETRAIN it, im done, laters guys....

And guess what? You don't seem to be getting our point FREE AUG TWEAKING to the equivalent power with the new AT would put you THOUSANDS of sp ahead of anyone who starts after you and reaches the same level. That would mean any new people starting after this all rolls out would be EVEN FURTHER behind anyone that starts before then change then the difference between current AT 3 and AT5 or 6.

Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:50 am
Team: Death Mental
Main: RevolutionPower
Level: 4939

THOUSANDS of sp

700-1500 for NAT30-55. But your point still stands.

The only thing some people might want though is a refund of the 270mil spent on AT3. Imo, if I had AT0 right now I would've bought AT3 for 270mil, just to have it reset in 2 months. Why? Because AT is so damn useful, and can be earned in less than a few hours of capping. That kind of money is damn easy to make, for both a high and lower level players.

As for the sp. I'm fine with 1500 too, though 1000 for AT55 would be fair for merchant classes.

Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:57 am
Main: Goz
Level: 1564

Atlum wrote:

ffs this will ONLY affect pvp the way u say it, since pvp is dead WHO GIVES A FERANJI!?!?

I LIKE THE CONCEPT AND IDEAS OF THE NEW SYSTEM!!!!!!!! But, i DISPISE they way you intend to implement it... /unquote elryk :D

Fri Sep 15, 2006 5:40 am
Profile WWW
Main: Shock
Level: 473

ffs this will ONLY affect pvp the way u say it,

Wow, you're dumber than I thought.

Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:33 pm
Team: Death Mental
Main: RevolutionPower
Level: 4939

Quote:
ffs this will ONLY affect pvp the way u say it,

Wow, you're dumber than I thought.

lmao, yeah. No offense, but seriously, of course it won't just affect pvp.

Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:38 pm
Team: Infinate Dreams
Main: Desert Rat
Level: 652

Then give AT upto 3 for free (to old players) on the new system of AT, + the legacy skill at 1% and then allow the 'rest of them' to do the content to get upto wherever we like.

The actual concept of it being Free is debatble in itself as we have already played and paid for this content, anyway

The fact is if you ditch the AT at level 500 (and probably theres other level bumps too) on someone whos spent all the skill points already they wont be able to level unless they are SlM or DM.

You cant reset people skills either or that will be even worse and besides its perfectly feasable that people could have 0 skill points and not picked a skill class yet too.

If people cant be converted to the new system without the hassle of having to do something that in itselff means that logically speaking something is wrong with the idea.

To the argument that people now cant get AT5 thats simply not true, people can get AT5 now if they are on emp run,discounting the fact you've changed the reward system (which is in fact something you've done yourselves albeit for very good reasons).

The idea is a very good one but the logistics are just going to upset x% of the player base and you have to ask yourself are x% of the player bothered they dont have AT5+ yet..... Probably not.

Fri Sep 15, 2006 5:04 pm
Main: Comet Chaser
Level: 2441

Bothered to read the thread fully.

I don't like the Zen skill system, its finikity and irksome - 20 should be the highest level in a skill, imo. AI levels of AT will make a huge difference (so, a rag has AT10 now, a cleft 30, IQ queen 80?). The real issue with AT was that bought chars and people who didn't deserve it, got the bonus, without people being able to close the gap. (If you seriously think anyone but the dominant team can ever get emp, you need to know more about the emp run, and its mechanics). The issue was about inherent imbalance between players, without the ability to do anything about it; it wasn't about the mechanics of the system. Although anyone can see that balancing the game to AT4-5 without 4/5ths of the player base unable to get AT4-5 should have set alarm bells ringing.

I would like a chance to test it though. i.e. PLEASE run a test server with this change. Also, I'll say it again, skills costing cash only hurts new players.

p.s.

Pocket uni at 1% is still rubbish. Please re-set it when you put this in.

Also, I saw the idea of a new server starting from scratch. I love this idea, and it'd actually be good for the game - I wouldn't mind giving up what I've got for the chance :)

Fri Sep 15, 2006 7:53 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 208 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next