Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 208 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Main: Soulless
Level: 492

Look, its just the fact that people need their ego's stroked.

Ubers want any edge they can get, and i say give it to them.

But, keep it the way atlum suggested, For each level in AT you get a level in Legacy.

I suggest that anyone over level 1000 gets %.25 to all stats per level, so if your level 2000 like Bizman, you get like a +25% bonus to all stats.

Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:01 am
Team: Silver Guardians
Main: R.S.S. Wasp
Level: 4683

https://sect.news/

Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:22 am
Profile WWW
Team: Goldenboy-Pax Alliance
Main: Please Dont Shoot
Level: 1227

I'm absolutely 100% willing to spend my saved up SP and my meager amount of saved money to be able to compare to people that got lucky and clicked AT4 in a station..

I think it's a fine solution, good works admins.

And good job getting rid of Elryk :wink:

Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:32 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Bluejayek
Level: 3919

I think this will be in the end good for the game. Everyone will be able to get at7? equivilent which will overall make people better.

The SP curve is a good idea, however there must be a skill reset along with this. I have a relitively small ammount of sp in zen skills, but I'll need every SP i can get when this comes out. Other people will be far worse.

For lazy people summary of a short post: Good idea, Need Skill reset.

Thu Sep 14, 2006 7:14 am
Team: The Happy Campers
Main: Enji
Level: 1638

JoelsonRocks wrote:
I'm absolutely 100% willing to spend my saved up SP and my meager amount of saved money to be able to compare to people that got lucky and clicked AT4 in a station..

I think it's a fine solution, good works admins.

And good job getting rid of Elryk :wink:

Your missing my point, you shouldnt have to pay ANY sp or money to get a skill you already have, this is about 90% of the reason im so pissed...

Yes, but now look at it the other way: from the point of view of a new player, it would be as if u have about 1250 FREE sp to use on other skill... The goal of the change is to reduce the gap between players on a skill that is so powerful, and that cannot be obtained by anyone that is not on the good team (in the recent past, Pants).

If u get 1250 sp free because of old timer thingies, thats completely unfair, thats even worse than the current situation: one could still hope to join the best team of the moment, or become the best team, and then reduce the gap between them and oldies. If u get 1250 free SP, thats a gap that will NEVER be closed.

U may be upset by the lost of an advantage, but to me it is similar to feudalism/monarchy. Because u belong to a house (are a old player) u get a huge power/advantage compared with commoners (newer players), no matter if u deserve it or are a complete fool.

Thu Sep 14, 2006 5:36 pm
Main: Soulless
Level: 492

If you add that along with the legacy skill, there will still be people who are more powerful then the average level 500-900 player.

And then the ubers can get their ego's stroked. :lol:

But i made a mistake in my calculations, should have been a %0.025 Increase, so for every 1000 levels you get a 25% Edge over someone else.

Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:35 pm
Team: Infinate Dreams
Main: Desert Rat
Level: 652

The idea is so the older players ARNT that much more powerful

My main objection is the fact you'll screw up 1 of my alts yet again, not that that is much of a concern but I wont be the only one, who hits a lvl bump because I suddenly dont have AT anymore.

Another thing to mention is the fact that if you do this at a start of a uni suddenly people wont be able to move base gear or even undock ships with some setups.

And also why mess with it, AT is the least of people concerns and you could actually just adjust OLD AT into the New AT by conversion you dont NEED to do any of the messing about it just seems like a waste of time to me except that it allows you to introduce new content which is also something we dont NEED right now.

Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:42 pm
Team: The Happy Campers
Main: Enji
Level: 1638

Another thing to mention is the fact that if you do this at a start of a uni suddenly people wont be able to move base gear or even undock ships with some setups.

Very true....

Madferret wrote:
And also why mess with it, AT is the least of people concerns and you could actually just adjust OLD AT into the New AT by conversion you dont NEED to do any of the messing about it just seems like a waste of time to me except that it allows you to introduce new content which is also something we dont NEED right now.

Hmmm what about ppl without enough SP to see their AT converted ??

Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:15 pm
Main: Convivial
Level: 1145

You ar SOOOOO wrong, if they implement this, and convert EVERYONES augtweaking, everyone is on equal ground, becuase EVERYONE has the opertunity to get the same ammount of augtweaking. It would still close the gap, but it would do it without causing alot of hassle for everyone. The way i see it, the admins are once agian just being lazy...and until i see some relavant information that shows a REASONABLE and UNDISPUTABLE reason for not converting augtweaking, i will continue to see this as a way for the admins to get out of programing a conversion system...

No they are ensuring that people that START after this switch won't be short sp compared to another person. If someone starts in a uni or two and they just convert old AT into new AT that person will be short 1000 sp, or however much new AT will end up costing, compared to someone who is playing now. How can you think that that will make things even for them?

Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:58 pm
Team: Zonura
Main: Takuhi
Level: 966

All in all it's incredible the amount of bitching and complaining you guys seem capable off when in fact what we are offering is hope that someday even non uber will get into the AT4-5 range, something they could never have done in the old system.

Well said Atlum...

Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:58 am
Main: Demiser of D
Level: 4

they should be able to lvl it to 5 lvls higher for emp seals in the emperors club. it IS supposed to be a pretty nice reward for becoming emp, after all

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Fuck you, Cygnus.

Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:01 am
Main: Lethal Dosage
Level: 2825

I'm not complaining about the change, I'm complaining about how you are inserting the change into the current game system.

Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:02 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 208 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next