Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Main: Cyphe12
Level: 1566

My DS will compete alot less good because of this, as others do get size lowered, and I don't. Where others can use RoF, Dmg and Shield, I have to use perm capacity to get the same free space.

Your DS won't be any weaker than it is now... It'll be either stronger or the same... The big advantage will be for those who build a brand new DS with access to brand new gear...

Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:36 pm
Main: PhysicalAbuse V
Level: 2006

MMmmm, i smell Beef :D As for the non aug reset? what about a capacity/caly aug reset only this mo would not screw the economy too much i dont think.

Great job tho, well done and ty vm :D

Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:51 pm
Team: Infinate Dreams
Main: Desert Rat
Level: 652

Speaking from experience the Aug reset had very little effect last time, people simply didnt go aug hunting as much for a short period of time and people with old crappy ships actually got rid of them because they could sell them unaugged all it meant was that instaed of waiting a boring long month for an aug you needed, you could get it straight away.

I think if anything is changed good or bad everything surrounding the change should be released from restriants for a short period of time.

Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:01 pm
Team: Death Mental
Main: RevolutionPower
Level: 4939

Cyphe, I never said it'd be weaker at all. I said it would compete with other DSs alot worse, as they have better RoF, and can fit the one weapon that made my DS 'stand out'. (Which is, or was after possible merc gear, one of the highest, and probably the highest *practical* DPS weapon in-game.)

But don't get me wrong, I'm not whining for an aug reset. I just want atlum to rethink some things, like not lowering size on a sup cap (sup caps are not used on 3k space ships, they're used on ships with 300-600 hull) and except for Paxes, the space you get extra from the sup comb is barely more than what you'd lose to using a sup over an exc, while the exc pwns the sup in almost every other way, most importantly Dmg and Shield wise. For one lowering size of sups is imo fair.

What I really want to see is the following

Apart from that, an aug reset would flood the economy with augs. This doesn't mean that it isn't fair to let players re-think their ship setup. After all, setups are built to certain stats, if the stats change, then the setup doesn't work anymore. It is fair to let players re-think aug setups because admins change augs. Therefor, let players affected by the aug changes send a PM to a new admin, a thrustworthy one, who could then manually (after reviewing the case, treating each player individually) unequip the augs of a ship that deserves a new aug setup. When I say remove, I mean REMOVE, NOT UNEQUIP. The augs are lost, because (even though that's not fair either) it's the only way to keep the economy stable. In fact, admins would likely want high-end augs to dissapear from the game, and make some money-sinks.

Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:07 pm
Team: Vanu Sovereignty
Main: Purgatory
Level: 1075

What I really want to see is the following

Apart from that, an aug reset would flood the economy with augs. This doesn't mean that it isn't fair to let players re-think their ship setup. After all, setups are built to certain stats, if the stats change, then the setup doesn't work anymore. It is fair to let players re-think aug setups because admins change augs. Therefor, let players affected by the aug changes send a PM to a new admin, a thrustworthy one, who could then manually (after reviewing the case, treating each player individually) unequip the augs of a ship that deserves a new aug setup. When I say remove, I mean REMOVE, NOT UNEQUIP. The augs are lost, because (even though that's not fair either) it's the only way to keep the economy stable. In fact, admins would likely want high-end augs to dissapear from the game, and make some money-sinks.

Umm :roll:

Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:37 pm

You either totally get my point, or I should "umm rolling eyes" you for being a retard. Or maybe I should do that anyway.

For anyone that didn't understand. I ment unequip, and remove. Not just unequip and leave on the ship to be used again or sold.

Last edited by Revolution on Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:51 pm
Team: Infinate Dreams
Main: Desert Rat
Level: 652

Removing everyones augs would seriously crash the economy not to mention bugger about 100% ships in game, lol

Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:52 pm

Not everyone's augs, I did say there should be a new thrustworthy admin that can take the time to review all player-cases that have had (from now on) their augs on their ships changed, to see if they deserve to re-think their ship setups.

That said, you might also have to pay half the fee of the ship costs. It's still better than having to get a total new ship.

I agree though, it's not perfect. But sometimes ships are really totally rendered useless, just posting a bit to find a solution.

Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:56 pm

Relax revo I just pointed out it wasn't making much sense what you said there, I kinda like the idea (I wouldn't unaug my ships but that's beside the point)

Also the sup combi should be size 10 just like every tech 19 aug should be, period. (It's just stupid that ones giving hull don't get smaller, this just takes a small part of the goal of the aug away)

Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:00 pm
Team: Eminence Back
Main: x0xhellx0x
Level: 3915

yay Atlum finaly more hull for the monkey :)

Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:43 pm
Team: The Happy Campers
Main: Enji
Level: 1638

Enji wrote:
2kewl4u wrote:
Ooooh aug modification, reset!!!! ^^

Great job, lovely :)

LLOLOL, yes, because now pple who auged their DS with caly may want to put a 4th combat aug :lol:

so? what is your point?

I was just palying the dumbass

Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:54 pm

There will be no augmenter reset for this. This is actually a massive boost to tech 15+ augments mostly. Since this got no negative impacts on ships, etc, there is no need to even think about a reset.

I was kidding, and to the red part:

There was no augmenter reset for massive nerfs to tech 15+ augments either (can't say there have been, cuz if you call this a massive boost :P)

Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:31 am
Main: Ligthning
Level: 1318

Atlum have a knack of screwing everything up, be quiet for a while, and then just do the little ajustment to make everything he screwed even better than ever.

Aug reset screw it all up, yep, but I might agree with RP. Remove instead of unequipping them is two in one: you get the opertunity to make the ship you worked hard to get work again, but you can't screw up the game economy. Some aug removal thingy could be tempoary added for the heavy affected augs when they get some "balancing".

Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:22 am

How about unaugging and blowing the ship? I got a reaver with nice augs I'd like, locution, app ward (well 2 now the second is useless too due to the merch polt thing) and emp behe I might ditch for the caly's on it too if I'm changing away from merchant...

Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:30 pm
Team: Traders
Main: your mother and i
Level: 3336

hey make the a rosemary mission. and make it at tech 16 for a slave :D

Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:12 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next