Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Main: Goz
Level: 1564

the augs on my future izer will only take up like 30 space, not 80!

/WOOTZORZS

Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:52 am
Profile WWW
Team: pantalones
Main: sxp
Level: 1473

woot great job atlum :) can we now expect an aug reset for capacity augs? :P then we can just make the new ships just for combat :)

Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:40 am
Team: Vanu Sovereignty
Main: Purgatory
Level: 1075

Great job, lovely :)

Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:25 pm
Team: The Happy Campers
Main: Enji
Level: 1638

Ooooh aug modification, reset!!!! ^^

LLOLOL, yes, because now pple who auged their DS with caly may want to put a 4th combat aug :lol:

Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:41 pm
Team: pantalones
Main: sxp
Level: 1473

2kewl4u wrote:
Ooooh aug modification, reset!!!! ^^

LLOLOL, yes, because now pple who auged their DS with caly may want to put a 4th combat aug :lol:

so? what is your point?

Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:51 pm
Main: Goz
Level: 1564

they wont need the hull bonus the caly aug gives, because the total aug space now only takes up like 40 space, not 100

Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:03 am
Profile WWW
Main: Soulless
Level: 492

Now there will be no need to keep an Ismail augmenter on my alts ZM!

Woohooo!!!

Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:25 am
Main: Soulless
Level: 492

But atlum, there are people who put a caly aug on their ship because an aug they wanted to use was 64 size.

Now its about 5-10 size, if it was that size in the first place then they wouldnt have used it.

With your Beef, people can use 4 Sup augs and take LESS space then using 1 Sup aug that takes 64 space under the old system. Now there is practically no need for most of the Cap augs.

Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:30 am
Team: Silver Guardians
Main: R.S.S. Wasp
Level: 4683

I think Atlum;s doing enough for things as it is. Best not to push things. He's helping people. This way they get more room for LOOT :)

https://sect.news/

Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:35 am
Profile WWW
Team: Imperium
Main: Gurjit
Level: 666

Best update in a long time i think, apart from maybe the one where they said we can play lol. Now all i need to do is catch Jeff ingame and ima be one happy bunny!

Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:53 am
Main: Cyphe12
Level: 1566

But atlum, there are people who put a caly aug on their ship because an aug they wanted to use was 64 size.

Now its about 5-10 size, if it was that size in the first place then they wouldnt have used it.

With your Beef, people can use 4 Sup augs and take LESS space then using 1 Sup aug that takes 64 space under the old system. Now there is practically no need for most of the Cap augs.

People generally used heph+s, because it increases DPE a bit and energy bank significantly...

Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:26 am
Team: Death Mental
Main: RevolutionPower
Level: 4939

even though I'm not whining about an aug reset, as I know that it will mess up the economy, and call for nerfs because augs will become too common. (think ares augs getting nerfed and dropping in price by a factor of 10 or 20x. Insane)

I do believe you must try and plan these things. Because you can't just say there won't be a negative impact. In the past my DS had crap RoF (still does), uber energy, and nice space, and was the only AT3 ship that could power a titan torpedo+, and even now my DS is one of the few if not the only one that frequently, and most of the time, uses the titan torpedo+.

My DS was built for this, it can probably power 10 excoms, and fit 3. But it's crap with weapons like that, because it was built for DPE and Space to power the TitanTorp+. With this change I deffinately would not have gotten the last sup combo, that was so needed for the old DSs. Nowadays the exc combo will be alot smaller, the cap bonus from sup will probably barely outweigh the extra size you have to make to fit the sup over the exc, and the exc has a much much better shield and damage bonus.

Where others would use high RoF excom/hammer combos, I would use a better dps wise titan torpedo+ with less RoF. It was balanced. Now they have the space that made the TT+ an advantage for me. And I still have crap RoF.

I could care less, I quit, and when I come back I'll most likely build a new ship. But you are messing up the balance between aug and ship setups, even if there's no negative impact.

My DS will compete alot less good because of this, as others do get size lowered, and I don't. Where others can use RoF, Dmg and Shield, I have to use perm capacity to get the same free space.

Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:05 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next