Team: The Happy Campers
Main: Enji
Level: 1638

If they act like augs, that would mean we reach the regen cap :-s

Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:47 pm
Main: Macros
Level: 2799

Well something needed to be done to the monkey's shield poultice. THey are darn near invincable with them. Now it will be interesting to see how many healers it takes against bases and ubers.

See how this one "reduction" affects alot of the game. It's probably for the better. Time will tell.

Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:09 am
Main: Cyphe12
Level: 1566

Well something needed to be done to the monkey's shield poultice. THey are darn near invincable with them. Now it will be interesting to see how many healers it takes against bases and ubers.

See how this one "reduction" affects alot of the game. It's probably for the better. Time will tell.

Have you seen them now Macros? The 'reduction' was more of an 'obliteration'... It went from being overpowered and underpriced to overpriced and useless for shield monkeys... More often than not, if a monkey deals 0 dmg for 12 seconds, the target of the healing dies...

I've said for a while that the MSPs needed to be adjusted, but under the current system they are still essential to be able to heal effectively over any kind of duration... Unless significant changes are made to the strength of ubers all across the board, its unrealistic to expect monkeys to heal for the long battles that the entire game has been leaning towards...

Fri Oct 06, 2006 4:32 am
Team: pantalones
Main: sxp
Level: 1473

Like someone said in another thread, a monkey could get around 5k regen per sec using poulstice. Totally broken. At 300, you are at 3.8 of that, still around 2k regen per sec using it. It's probably still too much. We will see.

That's still around 3 times the normal regen of a monkey with a good setup, or probably less then 3 times if they use more shield regen augments. Their state before was completely unnacceptable and the only reason they stayed that way until now is because they passed under my radar for that long.

I date anyone to find even a single item that was as gamebreaking as this item was please. If you do you get a cookie.

sure, ok, it was broken, now tell me this... why werent the player base INFORMED about it? why do we just have to find everything ourselves? this only pisses off players, imo you should announce everything that is in the patches and everyone would be a slightly more happier but i guess it isnt the way of SS :(

Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:11 am
Team: Silver Guardians
Main: R.S.S. Wasp
Level: 4683

Out of interest, would a damage reduction cause damage to people being healed if the user had say nuro tweak 100? That'd be awesome for PVP.

https://sect.news/

Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:00 pm
Profile WWW
Main: Soulless
Level: 492

Wait, if you take away 100% Damage from a -100 damage weapon, wouldnt that make it -200 damage?

Fri Oct 06, 2006 7:24 pm

Like someone said in another thread, a monkey could get around 5k regen per sec using poulstice. Totally broken. At 300, you are at 3.8 of that, still around 2k regen per sec using it. It's probably still too much. We will see.

That's still around 3 times the normal regen of a monkey with a good setup, or probably less then 3 times if they use more shield regen augments. Their state before was completely unnacceptable and the only reason they stayed that way until now is because they passed under my radar for that long.

I date anyone to find even a single item that was as gamebreaking as this item was please. If you do you get a cookie.

All you had to do was make it so that people couldn't spam them, and use them as practically their sole method of charging their shields... You didn't have to make it so that monkeys CAN'T use them in battle without letting the person they are healing die, not to mention that a decent monkey has to use 4 or 5 now to heal his bank to full... As it was I needed 2... I didn't use them often either, I'd go into an uber battle with 10, and come out with like 8... The problem is those monkeys that go in with 50, come out with 2 after a 10 minute fight... (roughly 1 per 13 seconds)...

I was probably the first one that said to target the merchant shield poltices, but honestly I want to know why it is that when something is too strong, you nerf it so much it is either impossible to use, or completely useless? This is something that happens all the time... Its like you got a positive number, and instead of rebalancing it, you just multiply it be -1 to make it an equal negative number. MSPs are NEEDED in the game, unless you reduce the damage across the board for all ubers in the game by like 25%.

Hell, if you want to stop the abuse... Bring back the old stats, and give them a cost of 5m each... But until you decide what to do that will actually be balanced and allow people to take down ubers without an extra 2 monkeys so that regen isn't broken, just revert them to exact how they were...

Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:01 pm
Team: Infinate Dreams
Main: Desert Rat
Level: 652

Venusian Mags :) (i think its mags although i always get those mixed up)

Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:21 pm

Atlum wrote:

Venusian Mags :) (i think its mags although i always get those mixed up)

How do you figure? They're long range, but they don't move all that fast, and they're medium dmg...

Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:15 am