Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Main: PhysicalAbuse V
Level: 2006

Im guessing that the tracking bullets are heat seeking, thus, vivibility has no consequence once the bullet is fired...tell me if i'm wrong.

Good ob on the other updates, nice one

Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:58 pm
Team: Infinate Dreams
Main: Desert Rat
Level: 652

What I envisage is particularly with Thoraxes theres a long delay on the bullet therefore you could possibly hit this scenario.

SBB flying towards you your firing thoraxes at it when it stops firing and goes invisible thoraxes fly off as tracking is poor anyway.

SBB then turns round and continues firing at you meanwhile thoraxes have flown off.

I'm pretty sure its going to only have negative effect with Thoraxes and low vis ships due to the delay between the bullet being layed and actually firing.

Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:06 pm
Main: Cyphe12
Level: 1566

What I envisage is particularly with Thoraxes theres a long delay on the bullet therefore you could possibly hit this scenario.

SBB flying towards you your firing thoraxes at it when it stops firing and goes invisible thoraxes fly off as tracking is poor anyway.

SBB then turns round and continues firing at you meanwhile thoraxes have flown off.

I'm pretty sure its going to only have negative effect with Thoraxes and low vis ships due to the delay between the bullet being layed and actually firing.

Maybe people will put more emphasis on their radar then, instead of just using revealer for practically everything...

Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:10 am
Team: Vanu Sovereignty
Main: Purgatory
Level: 1075

I got 480% radar bonus and inverto radar, don't claim I'm not taking radar seriously!

Btw why wasn't there anything in this update about the merch poltice nerf? Because it wasn't your doing Jeff?

Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:28 am
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1969

I didn't even know there was a merchant poltice nerf. =) Yeah, my updates are only what I'm working on and are mainly just a motivation tool for myself.

Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:27 am
Profile WWW
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Xenophanes
Level: 7991

Post Re: Weekly Update 10-02-06
JeffL wrote:
Tracking shots will now stop tracking if the ship that shot them leaves the galaxy or can no longer see the target and will resume tracking if the target becomes visible again..

does this tracking shot rule apply to drones? For instance, if orb drones are shooting someone and they no longer r visable, will the shots stop tracking?

Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:09 am
Main: Scipii
Level: 806

what's your system for picking admin names? or do they get to choose any name?

Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:21 am

I can think of several suitable names for admins :) just kidding.

SO whats next on the list Jeff?

Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:34 am

I didn't even know there was a merchant poltice nerf. =) Yeah, my updates are only what I'm working on and are mainly just a motivation tool for myself.

This bothers me... Does it mean that one person thought of the idea and implemented it without consulting you? I mean, you and Atlum are pretty much the "most important" admins (obviously they're all important but you get what I mean)

Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:40 pm
Team: Traders
Main: your mother and i
Level: 3336

Post Re: Weekly Update 10-02-06
JeffL wrote:

Tracking shots will now stop tracking if the ship that shot them leaves the galaxy or can no longer see the target and will resume tracking if the target becomes visible again..

DUDE thats UBANG! now my f2p can use a cloak again :D

Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:10 pm
Team: Death Mental
Main: RevolutionPower
Level: 4939

This bothers me... Does it mean that one person thought of the idea and implemented it without consulting you? I mean, you and Atlum are pretty much the "most important" admins (obviously they're all important but you get what I mean)

Normally, the Staff has different groups of people. All the actual content is done by the content designers, which are Atlum and Cael. Jeff is the programmer, he also does stuff like public relations, probably advertising, server engineering and that stuff.

In SS the Staff doesn't have groups or categories. Everyone in the staff is called an Admin. But it doesn't mean that Jeff is actually involved in all of the content that is being created (though I do think they have some forum where they discuss stuff and jeff does discuss stuff with the content designers... that's what most game developers do. But again, not all.)

Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:57 pm

I get your point Revo, and I know that they shouldn't bother discussing everything with everyone (like "should I try and fix that bug?" or "Should I add the inventory list thing?") but any nerf, or modification to something ingame - should be discussed by all of the admins... That's my opinion anyway.

Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:46 pm
Main: Cyphe12
Level: 1566

The Merchant Shield Poltice Nerf was a little excessive... From 800 to 300... Might be ok if the size was reduced down to 5...

I'd rather see them back at their old power, but multiply the cost by 5-10 (~250-500k each) so that people will think more about just spamming them like they do... Now, they still reduce elec regen by 50%, and they're pretty low regen... Not great... Then theres the 50% dmg nerf... It ruins them as they are now...

Last edited by IAmMe2 on Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:24 am
Team: Olympus
Main: Calypso
Level: 1800

Location: Scranton, PA, USA, Earth, Sol, Orion Spur, Milky Way, Local Group, Universe, Multiverse
Honestly, I don't think the item was broken, it's the damned Neurotweaking skill. That can take a normal well balanced tweak or aura and make it into a game breaking item. I'd like to see that skill removed from game and all SP refunded to people who have it.

Calypso

Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:29 am

Madferret wrote:

Maybe people will put more emphasis on their radar then, instead of just using revealer for practically everything...

I suppose thats true but a SBB is low vis, pop a -vis aug on it and it'd be practically invisible.

I'm merely making the point that it could destroy thoraxes, though this is specualtion, in pvp this could make it even worse amd thoraxes are hard enough to use as it is.

Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:38 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next