Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Main: Cyphe12
Level: 1566

Caly you are kinda right about the skill. I have to take it into account. When I see 800, I in fact see a minimum of 1600 and potentially more. Even at 300 I see it more at 600-700 due to the NT effects.

It might be too strong and mess with the balance for sure.

Its not to much the amount of regen that sucks now... Its the -50% damage and -50% elec...

Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:14 am
Main: Lt.Nelson+
Level: 5

As long as the elec is -50%, you could make the shield regen +1,000,000% and it's not going to matter if you have NT above 50, cause you won't have the elec to regen your shields.

Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:17 am
Profile YIM
Main: Lethal Dosage
Level: 2825

Tracking shots will now stop tracking if the ship that shot them leaves the galaxy or can no longer see the target and will resume tracking if the target becomes visible again..

Best change in Months. Thank you.

Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:37 am
Main: Soulless
Level: 492

With NT maxed people have ZERO elec Regen. That means they cant power their shields, they would be better off using Ultra Shield Salves.

Since the tweek takes away 50%, with NT maxed it takes away 100% Elec regen, which means you dont regen at all. You actually lose shields.

Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:48 am
Team: Olympus
Main: Calypso
Level: 1800

Location: Scranton, PA, USA, Earth, Sol, Orion Spur, Milky Way, Local Group, Universe, Multiverse
Um.. Atlum has it right. No one bitched about the Shield Politice UNTIL he nerfed them. They always had the -50% Elect Regen on them, so if your argument is true how did anyone ever use them with NT 50+? You guys just like to bitch a lot.

Also, just a quick bit on info I stumbled on one day when I was healing on my Monkey. Apps Ward had in-built elect regen. Tweaks DO NOT affect in-built elect regen. Therefore, if you have a ship that mods that in-built regen enough, say enough to power your shields, a tweak could be -100% regen with NT 50 and you could still regen your shields. That's why people with high NT didn't bitch before about using the MSP, sure they had 0 regen on their bank, but they had their in-built elect to run on.

Sure, I can't mass spam MSP anymore to facilitate my healing, although I wouldn't have seen it as a problem if it weren't for that goddamned Neurotweaking skill. When 1 MSP can heal your entire bank WHILE you're healing against an Uber AI, yes.. that's broken. Then again, without Neurotweaking, it would have never been that bad. Maybe they should honestly just ditch that skill, it only causes problems.

Calypso

Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:37 am
Team: Spacing Guild
Main: FracOMac
Level: 3369

do electric tweaks and augs work the same as sheild ones do? (they change the time)

cus if they do, its not as bad as you people are making it sound

Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:55 am
Main: Soulless
Level: 492

Um.. Atlum has it right. No one bitched about the Shield Politice UNTIL he nerfed them. They always had the -50% Elect Regen on them, so if your argument is true how did anyone ever use them with NT 50+? You guys just like to bitch a lot.

Also, just a quick bit on info I stumbled on one day when I was healing on my Monkey. Apps Ward had in-built elect regen. Tweaks DO NOT affect in-built elect regen. Therefore, if you have a ship that mods that in-built regen enough, say enough to power your shields, a tweak could be -100% regen with NT 50 and you could still regen your shields. That's why people with high NT didn't bitch before about using the MSP, sure they had 0 regen on their bank, but they had their in-built elect to run on.

Sure, I can't mass spam MSP anymore to facilitate my healing, although I wouldn't have seen it as a problem if it weren't for that goddamned Neurotweaking skill. When 1 MSP can heal your entire bank WHILE you're healing against an Uber AI, yes.. that's broken. Then again, without Neurotweaking, it would have never been that bad. Maybe they should honestly just ditch that skill, it only causes problems.

Calypso

Ahh sorry Caly, i wasnt informed of that.

One good reason to get your facts straight before posting.

Sorry about that Atlum, i appologize.

Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:24 am

Calypso

I should have been more clear with what I meant when I talked about the 50% elec regen penalty...

The change reduced the amount regened, increasesed the cost, threw in (in effect) a 100% dmg penalty, and didn't reduce the elec regen penalty at all... Basically, it took something that was a little bit too strong, and made it something that isn't worth the space it takes up... Another classic example of overnerfing something instead of gradually adjusting...

Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:10 am
Team: Vanu Sovereignty
Main: Purgatory
Level: 1075

Why the suddent bitch about the electric regen penalty? It was always there as far as I can tell. What's new is the damage nerf, which we might remove afterall anyway.

I agree here the -50% elec ain't that bad, the -50% damage isn't that bad either actually... (make it -25% maybe) but the +300 regen... doesn't help... 800 could already barely make it with NT 50 I got... so 300 won't help, I simply can't heal, that's the entire situation...

Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:15 pm

Atlum wrote:
Why the suddent bitch about the electric regen penalty? It was always there as far as I can tell. What's new is the damage nerf, which we might remove afterall anyway.

I agree here the -50% elec ain't that bad, the -50% damage isn't that bad either actually... (make it -25% maybe) but the +300 regen... doesn't help... 800 could already barely make it with NT 50 I got... so 300 won't help, I simply can't heal, that's the entire situation...

I'd rather have 300 regen and 0% dmg loss than 800 regen and 25% dmg loss... I didn't spare any expense making my app ward so that I wouldn't have to rely 100% on MSPs... As it is, I used MSPs like at rare intervals...

Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:42 pm
Team: The Happy Campers
Main: Enji
Level: 1638

Honestly, I don't think the item was broken, it's the damned Neurotweaking skill. That can take a normal well balanced tweak or aura and make it into a game breaking item. I'd like to see that skill removed from game and all SP refunded to people who have it.

Calypso

I like this idea.... Or, revamp it completely, for instance:
- 1 reset the skill on every one, and refund pple SP (so no bitching for big nerf)
- 2 change the skill so that it maxes at 20% (or something like that)

I also suggested another way to handle the effect of NT on negative percenteage based effect (elsewhere :roll: )

Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:58 pm
Main: Lt.Nelson+
Level: 5

Last edited by Lt.Nelson on Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:12 pm
Profile YIM
Team: Vanu Sovereignty
Main: Purgatory
Level: 1075

2kewl4u wrote:
Atlum wrote:

I'd rather have 300 regen and 0% dmg loss than 800 regen and 25% dmg loss... I didn't spare any expense making my app ward so that I wouldn't have to rely 100% on MSPs... As it is, I used MSPs like at rare intervals...

I on the other hand, did make my app ward for maxed out healing, knowing that I could use the poltice to gain shield again (I heal my 45k bank... fast)

Poltices used to add 800 regen. Not 800%.
Now it's 300%. Not 300. There is a difference.

Dunno on that one, it sais 300, not 300%

Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:01 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next