Main: Cyphe12
Level: 1566

Using too much elec? Use a slower firing weapon, use a different setup next time for the ward keeping in mind your elec usage (dont flame this i know pte blah blah, im in a worse boat i have 2 exc) Use fuelled energies, Wards have more than enough hull for it. Use Solar panels.

I use a gigantic ion justice... its 256 size, quite heavy too... Its got 10.8k bank, and 270/1.2 regen... Its incredibly expensive, among the most expensive energies in the game, and its the best unfueled energy I've seen... I use solar panels(intakes) already, but honestly... in 99% of situations they do piss all... As for a slower firing trans wep... As it is, the app wand is slower firing than most of the others... Monkey Reformatter has recoil of 1.2, and assuming it follows the same pattern as the app wand, it'll still deal the same dpe, but lower DPS... I use 2x ptes and 1x exc specifically so that elec wouldn't be a problem, so that I could heal for long durations nonstop... I don't use an aura generator, and I passed on the OS GnT/Misd so that I would still have enough elec to keep going nonstop with an unfueled energy... If I had known I'd end out using a fotg anyways, I woulda spent my 5b on an OS GnT instead of on the giga IJ... It used to be that you'd heal 600 with TOed app wand for 150 elec(4 dpe)... Now you heal 450 for 300 elec(1.5 dpe)... OS 5 decreases range, which is very bad for healing, especially since the range was already decreased without the use of the TO...

Cayshades wrote:
Use elec tweaks to counteract your deficit.

The range and tracking is given from the trans mastery skill, which i've already commented on.

I already carried elec tweaks with me at all times in case I needed to use my tractor consistantly, or needed to use the MSPs a little more than normal... Now, my apollos warmths only slow the inevitable, but I still have elec draining... the apollos rebirths stop the drain, but only for 12 seconds, which is hardly near what it would need to be for it to really matter...

Also, I have trans mastery skills to 12...

Cayshades wrote:
Monkey specific gear? the tech 5-15 aura generators, monkey specific trans weapons and let's see, ALL the SWEET merchant only gear!. So many people fail to realise the impact that merchant gear can have on any shield monkey. Damp+, Giga weapons... there's more but i haven't bought them off Caly yet :P Just ask him about all the sweet gear merchants get.

Sweet merchant gear that is very elec intensive... I'm seeing a pattern... Besides... the 'sweet' merchant gear only really affects combat monkeys, not healing monkeys... Its the HEALING aspect that is the issue here.

Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:30 am
Team: The Happy Campers
Main: Enji
Level: 1638

Ok, everyone has seen the new poltices ? size 40, no damage penalty... I personaly think thats even worse that way.

Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:57 am
Team: pantalones
Main: sxp
Level: 1473

Ok, everyone has seen the new poltices ? size 40, no damage penalty... I personaly think thats even worse that way.

no its not :P 40 size is great, but then again i dont care, i went sniper and i love it :)

Tue Oct 10, 2006 2:05 am
Main: SugaCandy
Level: 636

according to the new update, the ward no longer comes with a wand. I hope there is some plan to make wards easier to make/get and a way to get wands are implemented.

Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:23 am

Size 40 is fine... though considering that their regen boost is hardly stellar now, I'd say they're a tad expensive...

TinyTimZamboni wrote:
according to the new update, the ward no longer comes with a wand. I hope there is some plan to make wards easier to make/get and a way to get wands are implemented.

Keep them as difficult to get as they are already... But they do need beefed now that their main 'attribute' gone...

Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:44 am
Team: The Happy Campers
Main: Enji
Level: 1638

I would really have prefered that the wand was nerfed to 225 damage, range adjusted, but still sticky and overloadable... The damage dealed would have been the same, without the huge elec cost. And this wand would still have a all around healing weapon.

Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:59 pm
Team: Vanu Sovereignty
Main: Purgatory
Level: 1075

I hate the new MSP stats... 20 size already was a lot, I could fit up to 50 in my app ward next to usual gear (and I'd use 20-50 on a hunt/longer DG trip) now I can fit 25 which don't heal near enough lol... I preferred size 20 with -50% dmg :P

I'd say make size 20 again (25 if you have to...) -30% dmg (so that NT 50 still heals a little but not near enough for non-stop) 300 regen though I'd preferr say 500, and NO elec cost so that charger and shield keep helping at max power (I always unequip my gigantic sponge charger now, otherwise I run out of elec in those 12 seconds)

Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:30 pm

I hate the new MSP stats... 20 size already was a lot, I could fit up to 50 in my app ward next to usual gear (and I'd use 20-50 on a hunt/longer DG trip) now I can fit 25 which don't heal near enough lol... I preferred size 20 with -50% dmg :P

I'd say make size 20 again (25 if you have to...) -30% dmg (so that NT 50 still heals a little but not near enough for non-stop) 300 regen though I'd preferr say 500, and NO elec cost so that charger and shield keep helping at max power (I always unequip my gigantic sponge charger now, otherwise I run out of elec in those 12 seconds)

No... The damage reduction made it so you couldn''t heal... Makes them useless in uber fights... I only used 2-4 in each uber fight most of the time, not I'll need prolly 5-10, but at least I'll be able to keep healing almost nonstop (with fotg, as opposed to the 5b giga IJ)

Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:35 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: ullisses2
Level: 7005

guess who blow his wand cause someone typed a typo? me.....
i read the wand could not overload, so i thought you cant use the overloader at all, then i found out it will blow after i...yeah blow it.
so my app ward is a waste of a shipsloot

Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:33 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Bizman
Level: 11051

has anyone found the new app wand mission?

Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:50 pm
Team: Vanu Sovereignty
Main: Purgatory
Level: 1075

has anyone found the new app wand mission?

I suppose you tried lunacy?

Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:15 pm