Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Team: Star Wars
Main: Peter_The_Puller
Level: 804

In this situation, the 20% resist to transference will not matter, the healer would take the damage himself. Compared with a pax, with no in built wand, the only advantage for the ward would be his speed... Then I think a DS would become the best healing ship (4 PtE DS, with the built in OL, better resists, and nice speed).

Thats what? about 50bil? hmm time to save up for the new, better ship.

Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:04 pm
Profile WWW
Team: The Happy Campers
Main: Enji
Level: 1638

Post Re: Healing and Wand changes inc for next update
Atlum wrote:
Right now the standard healing ratio for everyone is 50% and monkeys 20 have 80%. This is gonna be increased to a base of 70% for everyone with monkeys at 100% (1 to 1).

I remember when I was a noob monkey I tried to reverse-engineer the formula to compute the effect of shield monkey skill on transference weapon.

I think being ShM 20 adds 34% (since I think it stacks) damage to trans weapon, without increasing the damage to the monkey. If what I computed by then is true, the healing ratio for shield monkey 20 would be around 68%

Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:48 pm
Main: SugaCandy
Level: 636

Increasing the trans resist and improving the healing ratio only make it easier to heal without running out of shields. But there is still the problem of not having enough healing DPS. You need to do something to counter the 50% nerf to healing DPS.

Either give new weapons that have a much higher healing DPS, or lower the damage that bosses do.

My thoughts exactly. This will allow a shield monk to take less damage, and therefore heal for a longer period of time, but what is really needed is the amount a healer can heal per shot per second. It will still take the same number of monkeys to counteract the same amount of damage. (even more monks will be needed, since the wand is no longer sticky)

Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:58 pm
Team: Olympus
Main: Calypso
Level: 1800

Location: Scranton, PA, USA, Earth, Sol, Orion Spur, Milky Way, Local Group, Universe, Multiverse
Pax has a transference weakness (I'm pretty sure of this). You do NOT want to heal in a pax, whereas Apps Ward has a resistance. Apps Ward also has built in regen, pax does not. Apps Ward is a much better choice when compared to a Pax.

As for the nerf, maybe it can be offset with a more varied amount of transference devices. Honestly, I could see a few more version of the Monkey Healers that add Static Regen (like the +100 not a %), and Shield %'s instead of static. Maybe even Transference Tweaks that boost or decrease your transference resistance for a while. I'd even like to see a Special Shield Monkey overloader. You could do a Tranference only Overloader now I think with the new Augmenter Types.

Finally, the damage of Uber AI could stand to be reduced a little. Right now they do require quite a few healers when compared to the damage needed for them. Maybe reduce the damage, and beef the shields a bit, so they need more people to do them, and less healing to do it.

Calypso

Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:01 pm
Team: Vanu Sovereignty
Main: Purgatory
Level: 1075

To start off, DS will never be a good healing ship because it can't use a charger, a big shield a monkey uses (OS GnT/MisD) instead of a charger, nor poltices. (and 4 PtE? I mean wtf? that heals nothing and sucks in everything except tanking while sitting on gate)

In the normal MSP times, we had 1 MF and 2 monkeys for marco (MF using UrQa Uka Uzu Qi and/or laser diff 3's) 2 MF's and 2/3 monkeys for Sputty, 4 or more monkeys for iq bana along with 1 or 2 MF"s and some snipers (DS), 3 or 4 monkeys for MS with either thatch snipers or MF's all needing 1 monkey on each at the least. 1 monkey and 1 DS sniper with weap 20, or 2 MF's (and 1 or 2 monkeys) for Copper Blob.

Nowadays you need at least twice the ammount of monkeys for everything... For 2 reasons:
- Monkey cannot heal non-stop cuz poltice takes away all healing (a monkey that doesn't have at least NT40 can't heal either cuz he has no regen on poltice)
- Poltice heals WAY less so needs to be used way more often meaning they run out... costing 1m each too...

Atlum, you say the reason to this change is to "make other skills help too" well... You nerfed Drone Masters so they don't help much (mind you, we do use a DM on a marco hunt with mining drones...) SD's aren't really useful in hunts except as "additional dmg" - they're more for soloing stuff.

And to Wingding saying merchant light fighter will be nerfed... Dunno if this is true but if so that's rediculous, it's Weaps 20 that's broken, not the merchant light fighter... which has nothing but shield in the case of a monkey. A sniper with Venu jack/pulse has way more dmg than a MF with MF venu mags... Just look at the venu pulse stats... 60% more dmg than achilles laser and 60% more elec... a base would have trouble powering that lol, it's like a sniper with achilles laser... broken...

Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:11 pm
Main: Soulless
Level: 492

I personally think that all ubers should not require anymore then 3-4 healers to kill them.
I think Seers and RadExs should get a beef to the slaves.

Maybe you could make Slave Master 3-4% and Rad Ex 4-5%. Im not sure about Seer, but i know it needs a beef.

Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:14 pm
Main: Goz
Level: 1564

1) helaers are not a direct fighting skill, they heal mostly

2) not that the ward has 3 slots and no built in wand mabey more SD's adn sniper will use it

Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:14 pm
Profile WWW
Main: voyager vs borg
Level: 1035

2) not that the ward has 3 slots and no built in wand mabey more SD's adn sniper will use it

i think an izer is way better, better resists, honestly would u use it?

Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:34 pm
Team: The Happy Campers
Main: Enji
Level: 1638

Who will use a ward as a fighting ship ? I do because that is still my best ship, but the resists are worse than a warden, and since it ia a freighter FA skill has minor effect...

Quite off topic, but y cant u use charger on a DS ?

Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:19 pm
Main: voyager vs borg
Level: 1035

now ill have to wait:
Quote:
and other healing items are gonna eventually make it to players in the coming weeks/months with new content and new gear, etc.

a few months, guess thats going to be one hell of a boring time for developing my shield monk

Mon Oct 09, 2006 1:03 am
Team: WHO
Main: Leroy78
Level: 3360

I'm glad I quit now, at least I don't get nerfed in real life. :lol:

And to NC's post, I got nerfed twice. :(

Mon Oct 09, 2006 1:10 am
Main: Goz
Level: 1564

I increased the base healing dps of all the healing gun by about 50%, this will go in with this patch also.

The low range non ethereal restructon type healing gun got their dps doubled or so.

Only drawback is they cost a bit more electric to use. Most normal guns have a base ratio of 1 dmg to 1 electric and some are at 1.5 dmg per 1 electric.

you mean 1 dmg for 1.5 elec
and with some lasers its 1 dmg for 3 elec btw

only weps like pellet streams are 1 for 1 or weps that are only good when you can fire them really fast

Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:14 am
Profile WWW
Team:
Main: OGP
Level: 1731

Good. Now that i spent 4 bil on a App Ward, and 2 exc. comb pte. I feel horrible depressed with unsticking the App Wand! If you atlum will really unstick it, please leave it as Tech1, or i just quit this 'Beta version game'.

Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:15 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next