Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Xenophanes
Level: 7991

I've got an idea that might help with the ward problem. I know from personal experiance, after doing the lyceum missions, I wouldn't waste my time trying to get the monkey spec. Maybe you could boost the stats on augs like that, and have new missions for more class specific augs. Specs and Expertices are great, but if you had more of a variety, like different MF specs geared towards pvp, pve and pvb?
Also, a little more variety in class specific gear might help with incentives. I mean, with the ward, all you have is the wand for healing. Now that your thinking of making it no longer perm, how about more healing weaps.

Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:27 am
Main: Cay Shaders
Level: 1065

Ships for healing : App Ward, BSS, Kikale Frigate

Ships NOT for healing : Pax, DS, Locu,

Ships either way: Izer

Why:

App Ward: 20% trans resists. NO other ship in game has this(well, the new frigate does....) Size and speed. Built in elec regen.

BSS: One of 2 ships with soak, reduces healing damage by a set number everytime

Kikale Frigate: Aura and trans resists, size. (I don't know the stats on this bugger, but it was built for healing so why wouldn't it be good.)

Pax : True it has soak, but it also has negative trans resists which offset this alot more.

DS and Locu: Ever notice how most shield monkey gear is umm well, MASSIVE? good luck using small ass ships to hold it.

Izer : No trans resist (good or bad), decent hull and speed, Built in elec regen.

Ward is still the best out there atm.

Now, he did take into consideration the damage nerf from not using the TO. They've been beefed to compensate, awesome job. Someone mentions that we also lose range on it, true. That's where the Trans Mastery skill comes in. But, it's a rather "fun" skill to train. 1-12 are fine, but 13-16 need to be fixed, as using restructons is no longer a viable way to train this. In the other post I've already stated how rare these have become, sure a select few people have used them in the past but they are virtually non-existant now. Use another item, maybe switch 9-12 using and anti-undepuzzler and use the reformatters to train 13-16. On that note, adding a further level 17-20 would be awesome, using an item that can be built/found, not something that might not show up in game for multiple universes to come.

SM gets 30% damage boost to transference resists, so under the new system would be healing at 1-1, that is a massive improvement.
My old dps was about 1200, which is 840 modified dps in the old system, now it will be a straight 1200 damage, which is still very reasonable. Combined with the new beef, will be better damage, but now the worry will shift from healing DPS to elec usage, which is a good thing, IMO.

Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:57 am
Team:
Main: Nandrolone
Level: 643

q1.. I dont know the calcs and havent tried to.. Are the new monkey skills going to be available at the same time as the new nerf on the ship. If so how are they going to compare to the current situation, and how will they compare to now under the new at system?

q2.. how is this gonna promote alternative classes getting invited to raids? ATM its Snipers in a thatch, Mfs in a pax, and and Giant green Beetles.. that determine if there is going to be an uber run.

Thx

Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:55 am
Team: The Happy Campers
Main: Enji
Level: 1638

I think something that was nice was that the wand could not drop.... With a clas that "sacrifice" itself it was cool... I liked that even more than the ability to OL it titanly.

Thanks for the boost on the wand, the nerf should not be too bad.

Mon Oct 09, 2006 12:48 pm
Main: Cyphe12
Level: 1566

Everything seems to be working well now, but I find the elec usage to be too much... The elec usage from shield monkey's shields is INSANE as it is(OS Cowboy, GnT, I use 500 elec per second out of 675/sec regen just on shields... Thats not even close to that of people with the OS/Giga MisD/GnTs, and the giga cowboys... I don't use an aura generator, which also has very high elec cost...)

I've got pretty much the best fuelless energy out there, and its 14k bank runs out in like 30 seconds now while firing/charging, just the basics... I think that keeping the same DPE would have been fine, with simple a higher dmg/shot... The way you did it, you doubled the elec usage per second, which is now similar to alot of other weapons... Unless you either reduce the elec usage again, or increase the elec regen in app wards... No monkey will be able to use anything less than a fotg... Thats unreasonable, and limiting what gear can be effective is the exact OPPOSITE of what you're trying to do is it not? I've got a 2x pte, 1x exc combo app ward... I sacked the amount I could heal so that I didn't have to use many MSPs and so that I could use fueless energies and still heal nonstop... In the past week, both those aspects have been taken away from me, and part of it wasn't even my that was in need of fixing(meaning I was using MSPs as they were supposed to be used, to suppliment shield regen, not to rely on it...)

Another thing... Might want to look at a generic increase in the range of most transference weapons... Apart from the dps, the best thing about the titan overloaded app wand was that it had decent range... In most uber fights, the framerate for alot of people drops to under 5 fps, which makes flying/targetting difficult... The range really helped... Another option is to maybe give monkeys a 1-2% bonus per level to range/tracking with transference weapons?

Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:03 pm
Main: Cay Shaders
Level: 1065

Using too much elec? Use a slower firing weapon, use a different setup next time for the ward keeping in mind your elec usage (dont flame this i know pte blah blah, im in a worse boat i have 2 exc) Use fuelled energies, Wards have more than enough hull for it. Use Solar panels. Use OS 5 to reduce your RoF. There's so many ways, the elec always was a problem with my setup so i've found many ways to get around it. Especially with my uber high neurotweak and almost nil elec regen while using MSPs. Use elec tweaks to counteract your deficit.

The range and tracking is given from the trans mastery skill, which i've already commented on.

Monkey specific gear? the tech 5-15 aura generators, monkey specific trans weapons and let's see, ALL the SWEET merchant only gear!. So many people fail to realise the impact that merchant gear can have on any shield monkey. Damp+, Giga weapons... there's more but i haven't bought them off Caly yet :P Just ask him about all the sweet gear merchants get.

On the gear note, make the Wand simple to get, repeatedly. Something like one repeatable mission after doing the Appr Ward missions and it costs like 2 gold bars. If you lose it you can go get another one without doing a string of 20 missions, but still not let it go for free because it is one of the better healing weapons even without being OTed.

Mon Oct 09, 2006 3:03 pm

I agree with the elec usage issue, and I dont agree with any "think about your next ward combo"... Whatever the setup, zeus, exc comb, PtE, sup comb all bring 20-25% elec. So if u want to keep high shield, and still have elec, you cannot really increase your elec more than current setups have.

And the elec cost of trans weapon are actually much more than what the stat say: when 1 "round" of app wand is shot, it now uses 300 elec, and costs 450 shield for a monkey. If u consider a GnT and sponge charger, they have roughly the same regen. GnT will use up 165 elec to generate 225, and charger will use 900 elec.

So basically, each time a monkey uses the wand, thats 300+900+165 energy that have to be generated to restore the ship in its initial condition... Ok, we have to take into account that the shield does not regenerate as fast, so the energy use because of the shield is delayed. But still...

Even before the nerfs, I used a forge of the gods. I hope it will be enough (honnestly, I havent checked). Monkeys have a big hull and are about the only class that can use them.

Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:24 pm
Team: Vanu Sovereignty
Main: Purgatory
Level: 1075

I would still like to know, how to obtain the app wands now.

And also, will we get a reset on augs on app wards? Even if it's just those... They have been SERIOUSLY changed now, there's no denying that... I'll need a COMPLETELY different setup now (mine is made for full healing, with the current shield poltice and elec cost... no way I'm making that)

Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:23 pm
Main: Goz
Level: 1564

here is a thought (mabey brokenish): sheild monkeys get 1.5% protection from healing no mater what ship they are in (per elvel)

Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:04 pm
Profile WWW
Main: Soulless
Level: 492

20% Protection from Shield Trans no matter what ship they are in is fricking sweet.

30% is alright, 40% starts to get brokenish and 50% would be rediculous.

Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:08 pm

Maybe 0.75% per level... considering the app ward already has 20%, a total of 35% would be cool, or a total of 40%... 50% would be too much though (mind, transference inhibitor gives 10% too... just that it blows in no time)

Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:48 pm

And im getting tired of any number thats not whole. Just make it 1% and be done with it...

Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:34 pm

15% against transference is a LOT lol.. But 1% would be fine with me... Just saying that Admins don't like giving us the bigger numbers (and they've got good reason for it)

Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:39 pm

I would still like to know, how to obtain the app wands now.

And also, will we get a reset on augs on app wards? Even if it's just those... They have been SERIOUSLY changed now, there's no denying that... I'll need a COMPLETELY different setup now (mine is made for full healing, with the current shield poltice and elec cost... no way I'm making that)

I cannot compare my situation with yours, but I think my setup would have been (slightly) different if I started a ward now.
But well... DSs were not reseted and they too suffered several nerfs in a row. So I very much doubt one will happen for us.

Although I think our situation is somewhat different. To sum up, DS had its specification changed (decreased) on hull, elec, OL. But the way damage are dealt, the skills that use DS (DS and snipers mainly) are still the same. (I am not trying here to minimize the nerf on DS though...)

For app wards, everything related to healing as we know it is different: change in healing in general, change in shield monkey, change in what was the standard shield monkey tweak. And change in the built in weapon (but imo it is similar to DS OL nerf)

Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:40 pm

a Nerf in shield monkey affects all the other classes...

Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:27 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next