Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Main: Cyphe12
Level: 1566

That would be because bases cant do enough DPS it wouldnt take 5 players to do that.

Yeah, unless you aug a base specifically for DPS with rage augs and the like, you need at LEAST 5 achilles lasers to stand any chance of out DPSing the healers... Any laser damage is pretty much useless cause its so easy to get diffusers... Makes it so only achilles lasers are actually good for consistant DPS... Annihilator beams are great for grem, but their DPS is too easily resisted...

Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:46 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Bizman
Level: 11051

Achilles Superlasers are a majorly good investment. They half the effectiveness of shield monkies. With shield transferrence on bases, they are pretty uppity these days.

Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:32 am
Team: Silver Guardians
Main: R.S.S. Wasp
Level: 4683

https://sect.news/

Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:19 am
Profile WWW
Team: The Happy Campers
Main: Enji
Level: 1638

I had a laconia kit 3 anda recovery 1 anda electricity, anda shield and charger

Hmmm I doubt your energybank can power all that anyway... Charger + shield use up all the elec produced by the bank with no aug.

And as Mad Ferret says, DPS on bases is weak compared with the shielding:
1 achilles mag (auged for range and damage), with additional damage by 2 anda bases (using dio / pos augs) could not dent a achilles mound.

When the mound turned into annihilator, it was hardly denting the anda base. (which stayed alive because the orbit made it out of range of the anni mound half the time)

Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:10 pm
Team: Vanu Sovereignty
Main: Purgatory
Level: 1075

2kewl4u wrote:

Hmmm I doubt your energybank can power all that anyway... Charger + shield use up all the elec produced by the bank with no aug.

1 achilles mag (auged for range and damage), with additional damage by 2 anda bases (using dio / pos augs) could not dent a achilles mound.

When the mound turned into annihilator, it was hardly denting the anda base. (which stayed alive because the orbit made it out of range of the anni mound half the time)

Notice the Elec aug.. it powered the shield along with anda laser - but of course had NO damage.

Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:37 pm
Main: Cyphe12
Level: 1566

[I had a laconia kit 3 anda recovery 1 anda electricity, anda shield and charger, EE and SM alt... it took traders I think 5 bases (2 achilles 3 anda to kill) not sure if the 2 achilles were shooting it, but deffo those 3 anda... Shouldn't be made harder really...

And 2 MFs could deal the DPS to kill it with tweaks... 3 MFs would EASILY break the regen, and could prolly kill it before one of them died without a monkey depending on augs... Just to put things in perspective...

Think of it this way...

An achilles laser deals 500 dps before mods...

A single slate thorax deals 287.5 dps before mods... MF pax can power 5 of them quite easily making it a total of 1437.5 dps(without overloader dmg counted), or for a rosie (without mods from off aug) 1725 dps for the 6 slates...

Counting the best setups and aug tweak 5 (I'm showing potential... and most of the major 'base killer' chars have AT4-5...), 2x zeus, 1x exc combo on the pax... 2x zeus, 1x sup combo, 1x off aug on the rosie... OS5 on the rosie... A MF pax will deal roughly 6481 dps... A rosie will deal about 7296 dps... One of each, will cover the regen of the base, and one more will kill it...

Ande mastery base with those augs, and Aslen's Overloader can't power the laser nonstop, and deals about 1700 dps, which after diffusers, resists, and dmg soak... about 300 dps of laser damage taken by a paxs shield... With an OS MisD, the pax can easily tank that, while fully powering the slates... With a regular GnT, it just requires the occassional tweak. Thats a mastery 20 base... 80% bonuses... A rosmarius can tank the DPS while powering weapons as well... Though with a VERY slow energy drain (2 mins to empty, aka 1 warmth per 4-5 mins...

In other words, against your base with near the best regen you can reasonably expect in the game, 3-4 MFs without healers could take it on with no risk to themself.

Personally, if someone wants to aug their base entirely for regen, I would hope it would take more like 6-7+ MFs to kill it... It should be a damn hard base to kill... I know that Mercs could scrounge up 3-4 MFs any weeknight, and almost all day on the weekends... MFs are a dime a dozen, it should take a good number of them to kill bases... Not the 1-2 it commonly takes these days...

Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:09 pm
Team: Admins
Main: The Voomy One
Level: 1337

Personally, if someone wants to aug their base entirely for regen, I would hope it would take more like 6-7+ MFs to kill it... It should be a damn hard base to kill

Agreed.

Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:13 pm
Team: Traders
Main: your mother and i
Level: 3336

anyways atlum.. goz is stupid, if u nerf other things just for DM and drone usage wtf is that? ur ruining/making it easier for other classes. yea u need to think b4 u talk again.

new drones/more shields=better DM and other classes that depend on drone to lv such as EE (beef EE too!!)

Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:35 pm
Main: Goz
Level: 1564

lmao u cant open the bathroom door

anyways atlum.. goz is stupid, if u nerf other things just for DM and drone usage wtf is that? ur ruining/making it easier for other classes. yea u need to think b4 u talk again.

new drones/more shields=better DM and other classes that depend on drone to lv such as EE (beef EE too!!)

reding this and ur siggy make me wonder....

Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:37 pm
Profile WWW
Team: The Happy Campers
Main: Enji
Level: 1638

Enji wrote:
2kewl4u wrote:

Notice the Elec aug.. it powered the shield along with anda laser - but of course had NO damage.

Doe anda reco and anda elec have the same stat (in their respective attribute) ?

I still think that shield + charger use up all that is produce by the energybank if charging. Only 1 elec aug, and 3 recovery... I think the only reason why you dont run out of elec would be that you hit the regen cap, but not the elec cap...

Can you please provide the stats, so I ll do the full math ?

Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:10 am
Team: Infinate Dreams
Main: Desert Rat
Level: 652

He would hit the 3 regen cap with 3 recovery augs, the elec would be suffient anyway being as anda has about 6k elec.

Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:46 am
Team: Vanu Sovereignty
Main: Purgatory
Level: 1075

2kewl4u wrote:
Enji wrote:
2kewl4u wrote:

Doe anda reco and anda elec have the same stat (in their respective attribute) ?

I still think that shield + charger use up all that is produce by the energybank if charging. Only 1 elec aug, and 3 recovery... I think the only reason why you dont run out of elec would be that you hit the regen cap, but not the elec cap...

Can you please provide the stats, so I ll do the full math ?

Both anda elec and recovery give 56% recovery bonus (on energy and shield respectively)

Notice how an andaman energybank can power andaman shield, charger and pulse together... While working on it I noticed that with 2 recovery augs and charger (no weapon shooting) the elec couldn't entirely hold the regen cost, with 1 more elec and 1 more recovery aug it could.

Also laconia kit gives... I think 4% recovery bonus :P and I think it was station mastery 16 and EE.. 12 at the time lol, alt was (and is) still in progress.

Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:02 am
Team: Sheilds
Main: blazen
Level: 1577

Alrighty, what you just did completely sucks. i spent 600mill on drones to help me level up my sniper and now they are worthless. also note that all the perm drones are now worthless as well, plasmites get destroyed in one or two shots now. and take 3-4 shots to kill a level 8 AI...

If you are going to nerf drones then you need to balance the game again. every other class needs to be dropped atleast 50% now. and cost for extracting these drones needs to be dropped by 90%...

this is complete BS, i can't defend my slave routes and no longer can i level on drones with high end stuff.

Sat Nov 11, 2006 3:55 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Bluejayek
Level: 3919

Sat Nov 11, 2006 3:59 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10