Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next
Main: Cyphe12
Level: 1566

Since my Pax is fully auged and would never see a dammage bonus i would have to go and buy a new pax 4-5 bil possably a Exc combo 2.5 to 4 bil or a Sup combo 2 to 3 bil and a Zuse 2 + bil just to get a dammage bonus on my drones that i probally wont be able to either A ) Carry or B )wont have the elect to deploy fast enough to defend my self.

And? I'm sure you'll have plenty of time to save up until this happens...

Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:59 am
Team: Olympus
Main: Calypso
Level: 1800

Location: Scranton, PA, USA, Earth, Sol, Orion Spur, Milky Way, Local Group, Universe, Multiverse
The "scoop" that I somewhat mentionned but maybe not clearly enough is that eventually, all the non combat professions are getting removed from the tree and replaced by combat professions.

That mean that station master, extraction expert, colonial admin and mfm are getting removed and replaced by combat option.

The argument that DM have SM and should be weaker will cease to exist then so please take that into account.

I'm sure if this happens, everyone will get an aug reset and then you won't have to worry about buying a new ship and shelling out billions of credits to revamp your setup. Hell, if they did this they'd HAVE to give an Aug Reset, just look at all the Station Master augs equipped to everything, or people that used CA, EE or MFM specs.

Calypso

Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:28 am
Main: Ligthning
Level: 1318

Wow, somebody agree with me. Thanks Voom :D

Aug reset is really needed if there's another big change in the game. It's been to many reasons to quit/get a new ship lately.

Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:56 am
Team: Traders
Main: Kyp
Level: 3482

one problem with applying a ship's augs to their drones is that most DMs use cap augs to maximize their space. even with using fewer better drones, they would have to be reworked to be smaller if you actually intended to impliment this because higher tech drones, as i understand it, can be rather large. but if you make them require less space, then DMs can aug their ships for combat instead, now theres a balencing issue... one of the drawbacks of being a DM is that your ship is junk and useless in a fight, i dont think that should ever change. DM is always going to be harder in some ways and yet better in some ways but worse in others compared to other classes. having had a couple higher level drone masters, it can be challenging to do anything once you hit a certain point, trying to do dgs, you get raped sometimes because your ship is useless, and i see MFs easily do what i die at... and sometimes i do what they cannot... each class has its own role, they should be comparable, but still dissimilar... i suggest that the space and energy needed to use drones properly be kept similar...
one real problem with drone mastery is that it is too easy to get, too low level, and too powerful for the level you can get it at. It needs to be made difficult to obtain... just taking drones to a station isnt hard enough... It needs to be something that takes a certain degree of effort and skill on the part of the charachter getting the skill and cannot be gotten by higher level charachters and given to lower ones... increasing the SP cost wouldn't be helpful, skill points are scarce as it is... does anyone have any unused points anymore? enough skills to use them on now, and when you are lower level you never have enough... an interesting problem... good luck with it...

Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:41 am

The only problem with drones is that they can't move. and they don't have any resistances and their shield is normally a crappy AI base one, which is why they get pwned so fast. either make all drones mobile or give them some resistances or a better shield

Try some of the non store bought drones... They are significantly better when it comes to survival... Siege/DWO/lipo drones all have quite high bank (though still negligeable resists) and are able to survive against most AI under normal circumstances.

Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:04 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Bluejayek
Level: 3919

If your dm i suppsoe thats true. I took 2 dwo drones into a dg as a merchant and they got 2-3 shotted by the lvl 1k bg boss -_-

Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:09 am

while the higher level drones are better than store bought, they are not good enough to be worth the cost of losing them when you inevitably do

Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:08 am

If your dm i suppsoe thats true. I took 2 dwo drones into a dg as a merchant and they got 2-3 shotted by the lvl 1k bg boss -_-

Non DM drones are useless...

Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:21 am

non-DM drones are only as useless as a DM using an excom compared with MF using 5 (or 6)... that is to say, very useless... not reccomended for anyone with less than a couple hundred billion credits...

Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:31 am

non-DM drones are only as useless as a DM using an excom compared with MF using 5 (or 6)... that is to say, very useless... not reccomended for anyone with less than a couple hundred billion credits...

Yep...

Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:05 am
Team: Aidelon
Main: Shukhov Yimlevsky
Level: 4751

*Looks at post proving mine useless* ahh, nevermind then, didn't read that or if i did didn't register it when i posted :oops:

Last edited by Volkovoy on Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:10 am

The "scoop" that I somewhat mentionned but maybe not clearly enough is that eventually, all the non combat professions are getting removed from the tree and replaced by combat professions.

That mean that station master, extraction expert, colonial admin and mfm are getting removed and replaced by combat option.

The argument that DM have SM and should be weaker will cease to exist then so please take that into account.

also applies for any argument that other SM secondary skills should be more powerful...

Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:02 am
Main: Convivial
Level: 1145

ok but what about those of us that like Merchant Fleet Master?

Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:49 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next