Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Team: The Happy Campers
Main: Enji
Level: 1638

Caelestis wrote:
Colonial Administrator, Extraction Expert, the merchant slave aspect of Merchant Fleet Master, and Station Mastery will still exist. They will just no longer be part of the Combat skill tree. Instead they will form the Trade skill tree, and their spots on the normal skill tree will be replaced with combat or support classes.

Caelestis

Will the combat tree and traders tree skills be obtainable together? Like EE and MF or something?

Hmmmm I dont think this should be allowed.
Or maybe, people could chose a primay tree and a secondary tree: if fighter is the primary, they can train the skills to 20 (as today), and on the secondary they can train only to 5 or something...

Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:32 pm

For everyone looking for a aug reset you might want to look at the thread about aug resizeing Atlum has no intention of a Aug reset .

Well I think we should all be used to not being able to adapt our current equipment to changes after all those years

Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:36 pm
Main: Convivial
Level: 1145

2kewl4u wrote:
Caelestis wrote:
Colonial Administrator, Extraction Expert, the merchant slave aspect of Merchant Fleet Master, and Station Mastery will still exist. They will just no longer be part of the Combat skill tree. Instead they will form the Trade skill tree, and their spots on the normal skill tree will be replaced with combat or support classes.

Caelestis

Will the combat tree and traders tree skills be obtainable together? Like EE and MF or something?

Hmmmm I dont think this should be allowed.
Or maybe, people could chose a primay tree and a secondary tree: if fighter is the primary, they can train the skills to 20 (as today), and on the secondary they can train only to 5 or something...

I think being able to take both is kinda the point. In a game where the primary way to get experience and thus skill points is by killing stuff and where there should be a decent ammount of pvp, emp runs, all characters should be good at combat in one way or another. Right now that isn't true though.

Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:34 pm
Team: Vanu Sovereignty
Main: Purgatory
Level: 1075

Hmm, ok but then... how do you do that? Because for example it'd be a tad broken to have MF + Merchant & EE with 5 excomms (EE giving 20% dmg to mining, merch giving hull for huge weaps)

Or any skill + CA.. CA 20 giving 5% to everything

Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:34 pm
Team: Olympus
Main: Calypso
Level: 1800

Location: Scranton, PA, USA, Earth, Sol, Orion Spur, Milky Way, Local Group, Universe, Multiverse
I would think they would take the combat bonuses off those skills. Otherwise, yeah, it would be massively broken!

Assuming they make sure to get the balance right, I think it's a good idea. The biggest problem with SS classes right now is if you make money, you can't fight, and if you fight, you're probably not making money! This would solve that I think.

Calypso

Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:58 pm
Team: Imperium
Main: Gurjit
Level: 666

Not quite true Caly, you can do both, but yes I see your point, its not easy. Of course fighting ai is different, but second you fight another player keeping bases and slaves alive is a lot harder, so a balance between the two would be good.

Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:21 pm

I have a very bad feeling about that .... The first problem I see is every character being CA or EE, and we would need a univeres twice as big.

Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:28 am
Main: BlackDragon
Level: 1875

I have a very bad feeling about that .... The first problem I see is every character being CA or EE, and we would need a univeres twice as big.

How would this be a problem? Each person can only use one of their characters, and most people have multiple characters to subidize for their fighting main. With this, it will just allow for better defended galaxies.

Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:01 am
Main: Lt.Nelson+
Level: 5

The current plan is to allow 1 tradeskill per character no matter what combat skill you currently have.

This is still a while away though so don't hold your breadth just yet.

So if CA and StaMaster are both trade skills, you can't get both? Or EE and StaMaster? How will that going to work?

Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:55 am
Profile YIM
Main: SugaCandy
Level: 636

hmm, so if the entire skill tree is gonna be changed, can we all get resets?

Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:10 am
Team: Infinate Dreams
Main: Desert Rat
Level: 652

CA+SM
EE+SM+Merch
SM+DM+SM
Others

Would be in the trade tree

Monkey
Sniper
RadX (after a severe beefing*hint hint*)
MF
Others

Would be in the combat tree

And you could pick 1 from each this is kind of what I suggested about 6months ago and yes would be a very good improvement and stop a lot of muling and low level alts to certain extent.

In theory you could probably get rid of Station Mastery make bases as strong as a full mastery base now then maybe the Tweaking skills will be used to buff the bases.

Add in some slow building IK Bp's for terraforming (or maybe a Teraforming Trade skill) and you'll have a somewhat decent comprehensive skill tree.

Then once bases are strong again the game will open up and things will be a lot less stagnant.

Also concourse needs opening up its pretty dead atm.

Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:30 pm
Main: Convivial
Level: 1145

The merchant skill will never be a trade skill. Despite its name it is a combat skill through and through. Sniper, MF, Speed Demon, Rad Exp, or DM mixed with Merchant would be horrendously broken.... and certain skills like Shield Monkey kinda need it.

Wed Nov 01, 2006 6:19 pm
Team: Vanu Sovereignty
Main: Purgatory
Level: 1075

The merchant skill will never be a trade skill. Despite its name it is a combat skill through and through. Sniper, MF, Speed Demon, Rad Exp, or DM mixed with Merchant would be horrendously broken.... and certain skills like Shield Monkey kinda need it.

Very true... Shm without merch poltices and hull for stuff like Gig misD, os GnT, gig sponge charger etc would be too lame, specially after already being nerfed...

Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:34 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next