Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Main: Goz
Level: 1564

so you can choose a "non-fighting" skill and a fighting one? very awesome

but think about it, snipers who lay uber bases......

SD's who do fly bys while their uber drones take agro......

shmonks that have shmonk fighting slaves with undershirts :O

Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:47 pm
Profile WWW
Team: Infinate Dreams
Main: Desert Rat
Level: 652

Actually Merch would probably fall under combat, EE would still be in trade though.

Presumably Sheild Monkey would get a hull bonus on its own then.

Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:30 pm
Main: Macros
Level: 2799

Trade Skill Tree:
EE +SM
CA + SM
SLave Mastery + SM

Combat Tree:
SD
Sniper
DM
MF
Shield Monkey
Merchant Fleet Master
RADX
Seer

Right? This way the trade skills don't have a merchant skill attached to them. And you could pick which combat role you want along with which Trade skill you want.

The Merchant Fleet Master would ofcourse be the best Base Building Character on the Base side of things. As you would already have some slave bonus' and merchant space for moving base gear.

Combat mixing? the rest seem balanced this way.

Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:11 am
Team: Traders
Main: your mother and i
Level: 3336

wat about CA? makef2ps have 30% less stats on their drones

Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:18 am
Team: Tutela ut Nemesis
Main: Evan W
Level: 1053

I've played a little bit with my main MF using fighting slaves. Its kinda cool to have MF slaves, but up until you get RC above 16 your slaves are pathetic. Maybe something could be done to smooth out the jump from RC 16 to RC 17+ slaves effectiveness. I"m sure the same could be said about sniper slaves and I've never messed with SD so don't know what they get.
I'm thinking maybe give MF slaves more electric, damage, or another weapon or 2. Just something to make them actually worth using because they would be fun.

Evan

Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:06 am
Main: Soulless
Level: 492

Sniper Slaves need a Better Damage, Range and Shield Boost.

Thats what i have Experianced with Sniper 15 and 2 Restless Spirit Slaves.

Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:04 am
Team: The Happy Campers
Main: Enji
Level: 1638

If you want uber slaves get Rad Exp and pay the price for it, that is a shitty ship. Thats a way of life, a philosophy...

Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:28 am
Team: Traders
Main: Kyp
Level: 3482

The current plan is 1 trade skill only so yes you will not have SM + EE bases anymore. It's possible the station management skill or station mastery is changed before that though.

when i first read this i thought to myself how riciculous it was, it would ruin bases as we know them! but perhaps that is the point, many of the bases that currently have mastery will no longer, making them easier to kill. more planning in developing a galaxy will be required to efficiently defend it and i predict lots more big perma drones comming into play to make up for it.
on a different note, this change will make seer as it stands now the most useless skill in all of the game.

Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:32 am
Team: Admins
Main: The Voomy One
Level: 1337

Im guessing the idea will be that everyone will have station mastery, instead of no one having it like Kyp said. Either that or base gear will prolly be getting a major boost to make up for the loss of the station mastery skill.
That is the only way to go since bases are already too weak as it is.

Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:43 pm
Main: Cyphe12
Level: 1566

Though there hasn't been any real tests so far, I think with the nerf of merchant shield poltices, the reduced DPS and DPE of monkies, fortified/laconia etc kits being cheaper, and the shield bank being doubled, plus the release of the superlasers... I think bases will be fine... At least once people start getting the stuff...

Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:22 pm
Team: Vanu Sovereignty
Main: Purgatory
Level: 1075

The Voomy One wrote:

Though there hasn't been any real tests so far, I think with the nerf of merchant shield poltices, the reduced DPS and DPE of monkies, fortified/laconia etc kits being cheaper, and the shield bank being doubled, plus the release of the superlasers... I think bases will be fine... At least once people start getting the stuff...

Notice how a laconia T16 is already like 425m... I can pay that, but if I'd have to make all of my bases laconia that'd cost me 2-4b at least... not really a way I'd like to spend my money.

Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:30 pm

IAmMe2 wrote:
The Voomy One wrote:

Notice how a laconia T16 is already like 425m... I can pay that, but if I'd have to make all of my bases laconia that'd cost me 2-4b at least... not really a way I'd like to spend my money.

Fortified tech 18 kits cost like 40m max to make... Use those... Fortified should be 'standard', Laconia is above standard... You still get lik 7% shield boost and 10-18% resists... (13% for tech 16, 15% for tech 18 I think.) Combine that with some surg dampner+, and you've got almost 40% resists to surgical... Thats a huge blow to slates which are the main source of dps against lvl 250+ bases...

Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:18 pm
Team: Infinate Dreams
Main: Desert Rat
Level: 652

2kewl4u wrote:
IAmMe2 wrote:
The Voomy One wrote:

Fortified tech 18 kits cost like 40m max to make... Use those... Fortified should be 'standard', Laconia is above standard... You still get lik 7% shield boost and 10-18% resists... (13% for tech 16, 15% for tech 18 I think.) Combine that with some surg dampner+, and you've got almost 40% resists to surgical... Thats a huge blow to slates which are the main source of dps against lvl 250+ bases...

Fortifieds are failry cheap to do (really its not worth not converting them) but its not 40mil as you presumably will have to buy the kit to start with, making it around 200-250 mark, even if you find the kit its 'cash lost' by not selling it.

A full set of damp+'s cost around 500mil (150 for the surg and heat, the others 40mil each)

So thats 700-750mil per base, per uni, before augs.

Take into consideration I usually loose a couple due to slaves stopping per uni and its a fair expense just to have something that can fend off someone for about 10mins.

Laconia, defensivly is more like it but your adding more cash to the pot.

Sat Nov 04, 2006 4:55 pm

Fortifieds are failry cheap to do (really its not worth not converting them) but its not 40mil as you presumably will have to buy the kit to start with, making it around 200-250 mark, even if you find the kit its 'cash lost' by not selling it.

A full set of damp+'s cost around 500mil (150 for the surg and heat, the others 40mil each)

So thats 700-750mil per base, per uni, before augs.

Take into consideration I usually loose a couple due to slaves stopping per uni and its a fair expense just to have something that can fend off someone for about 10mins.

Laconia, defensivly is more like it but your adding more cash to the pot.

The problem is that alot of the people on smaller teams who don't have an experienced basebuilder guiding them just see bases as an expense, as a trading platform... They are an investment. Every piece of gear you get for them; dampner+s, higher tech wep/shield/energy, hydroponics, etc etc etc is an investment. The only costs that are PER UNI are the nukes (pretty much free if you've got a nuke planet as a single nuke mine can usually supply an entire galaxy without trouble), the rations (also easy and cheap), and the base kit itself. Everything else can be reused and therefore is an investment not just for THIS base, but for every base you build in every uni.

If you know what you're doing, you can take two planets with 75% suitability and make ~15b just from selling pessies. For a planet like that, if you can feed it commods after its hit about 5b population, you can make 350-500m per day with commods. Thats just with 2 colony acceptable planets and some decent commod producing planets. The investment is to keep them safe until you are able to profit significantly from them.

Madferret wrote:

Just a tip, have enough rations and nukes on your bases to last at LEAST a week. For most situations, 50k nukes and 50k rations will do the trick, unless you've got alot of workers or are using annihilator energy, in which case go up to 100k of each. Its not hard to do. Check your bases every time you log in. Don't just rely on slaves. Personally, I havn't used a single ration slave or nuke slave this entire uni. I put the rats and nukes on manually.

Sat Nov 04, 2006 8:54 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next