Team: The Happy Campers
Main: Enji
Level: 1638

The fact you've taken the ability to kite away allready means its going to be even harder for lower levels.

Hmm last time I checked, it was still possible to kite ? AI dont follow as easily as they used to, but at the right speed and the good range it is still possible

Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:02 pm
Team: Vanu Sovereignty
Main: Purgatory
Level: 1075

Low leveling alts is already easy as hell, in the nexus an alt to lvl 10 was done in no time, outside on tints and stuff is piss easy (stay 150+ range for laser, and doge torps no problem) so that's not a problem.

Anyway - I love it, this makes broken thatches harder to use :) same for shrimps and stuff ^^

Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:39 pm
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: urzaserra2
Level: 4871

I definitely agree that the red giants sus are way to powerfull. beign able to have effectively unlimited elec regen for sucha low cost in resources is broken. While the m class and white dwarfs dont give enoguh bonus either way to notice, similary the dark suns dotnt lleech enough to really matter if you got good regen.

The major reason why solar panels arnt used in mormal fighitng is the lack of range on the chargien area. When you have to be verly close/in the sun its too hard to use. No matter what stats the panels/suns get if the ragne isnt increased soalr panels wil only be used in specialized sitautions.

Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:11 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Bluejayek
Level: 3919

this means i would need to add 100 more solar panels IV to my thatch, oh well
or switch to sandy solarites?

Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:45 am
Team:
Main: Metabolism
Level: 256

Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:28 am
Profile WWW
Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Polydectes
Level: 1842

I toll like 10 sandies a day, lol I get 4-5 a run in this one dg...
Means I'll ahve to make a new shrimp, or stop using my giga Cebo and downgrade to a Cebo+... but what ya gonna do. Also, do augs effect solar charge, I think that would be neeto, because my 2 Zeus pax with Intakes still takes forever to charge my giga CeBo, lol, be nice if I got the elec bonus off my augs onto solar charge ; )
Overall good idea, giga suns are broken, lol, we'll adapt, but please increase range, you made galaxies alot bigger and now they have more suns and some planets seem to orbit WAY far from those suns, as far as like 8K (that was off a red giant), would be nice to get a tad of solar for those planets ; )

Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:29 am
Team: Traders
Main: Kyp
Level: 3482

me thinks the charge modifier and vis modifer from suns should be inversely proportional to the range from the sun and directly proportional to eachother.

Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:25 am
Team: Infinate Dreams
Main: Desert Rat
Level: 652

me thinks the charge modifier and vis modifer from suns should be inversely proportional to the range from the sun and directly proportional to eachother.

It should be the inverse square law, like gravity uses :)

Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:24 am
Team: Zephyr
Main: murder-1
Level: 4095

solars seem decent when not in blue sun gals, other than that its mainly used as a perma drone deployment personally or lvling low lvl alts in a gal with strong suns. personaslly i think no one in a fighter should depend on solars for fighting as they can drop if you are killed without gear glue.

AF-1

Thu Nov 23, 2006 4:18 am
Main: Cyphe12
Level: 1566

solars seem decent when not in blue sun gals, other than that its mainly used as a perma drone deployment personally or lvling low lvl alts in a gal with strong suns. personaslly i think no one in a fighter should depend on solars for fighting as they can drop if you are killed without gear glue.

AF-1

I was overall thouroughly unimpressed with them...

Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:45 am