Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Team: Vanu Sovereignty
Main: Purgatory
Level: 1075

I have no idea how you programm a game like this, but if you want to reset a certain ammount of skills on an account, you'd need to have them seperated from the others, yet together in 1 account... but you seem to have managed that already with the secondary skills which do get reset while piloting and such remain the same, can't you just do that again with ruin skills?

Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:46 am
Team: Star Wars
Main: Peter_The_Puller
Level: 804

Cant you do something like the deflector reset thing but make it so thats how you star the different mission chain out?

Wed Nov 08, 2006 6:38 am
Profile WWW
Main: Lethal Dosage
Level: 2825

Caelestis wrote:
Another update on new Universe content. Last universe I was very busy and was unable to complete a section of the Pax Enigma mission chain, I have started working on it today, and it will give players a chance to obtain a new Ruin Ship, the Mzungu Fluid. This ship could be considered a level 16 Agamemnon, and that should give players an idea of what the style of the ship will be. The new missions will offer it as a reward once, and it will go into the Mzungu ruin list as well.

It would be great if you could make a similar mission for each ruin race. Given how rare the ancient ruins are, you might otherwise have to wait several unis before finding a useful item. Such mission items should not be amongst the most powerful ancient items, but certainly useful (e.g. the Bule Abadi Expander would NOT qualify).

-Slicer

I agree with this 100%. I should like to have something more to show for my Faranji Research 20 that some Faranji Orb. The skill cost me close to 6 Billion to get, and I didn't even pay my over the top cube prices. I should be able to have some cool Faranji item as well, maybe not overly powerful, but a lower end ancient ruin item to show for it.

All that would need to be done is adding a new mission chain once Faranji Research (Or whatever the case may be) hits 20, craft some new and hopefully not too expensive missions such as retrieving commods etc (These mission should equal in price the value of extracting the item once.).

As it stands I spent hours of time doing the missions,(It took a good while to track down a Faranji Energy 9, Faranji luscious Easts, and doing the pre-holocube missions as well. There aren't even ruins for Faranji Luscious Easts!), roughly 6 billion in Gold and the ruin items, and all I have is a Faranji Orb commodity, and the "Ability" to use the ruins.

Something else would be nice.

Sat Nov 11, 2006 2:27 am
Team: The Forgotten Colonies
Main: Demonx
Level: 4891

The skill reset at the moment is really bad in my opinion, you should be able to decrease all your skills individually as much or little as you want.

Sat Nov 11, 2006 3:25 am
Main: Soulless
Level: 492

Instead of doing it by player level why not do it by Skill level? So for every Secondary skill it costs like 5-10mil per level to decrease it.

And you can Decrease or Increase it as much as you like, aslong as you have enough to fullfill whatever skill needs it.

Sat Nov 11, 2006 3:29 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Bluejayek
Level: 3919

Thats acually a good idea. It would mean for things like changing from sniper to sd it would cost less, because they share FA

Sat Nov 11, 2006 3:32 am
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Rat Zombie Slaves
Main: Caelestis
Level: 1959

Ok, for those people who think the ruin specialization skill need a bonus, this part of the post is for you.

The Ancient Ruin item are rated at 2.25 Rarity. This is the highest rarity of any item in the game right now. Mercurian item are only rated at 2.15, and the first level of item in Atlum's new zone are rated at 2.15. Solarian and the Primal item when they are added, are rated at 2.25, and they take billions to build and killing the hardest AI in the game. The Ancient Ruin items and Specialization skill are a hit and miss way of finding some of the best item in the game. The six billion credits you spend in order to get the skill are an investment, one that will pay off in time. Treat it as such. Also, there were at least 4 of each Ancient Ruin in the game this universe. Sadly, most were in warp 3, I will lobby for a way to fix that.

I will be adding one or two new item to each ancient ruin every universe though, so as the content progress, the chances of the investment paying off will get better. This universe will see some useful items instead of actual gear added to each ruin, each tailored to the races specialization. A stealth item for the Bule, a Light Fighter item for the Faranji, a Shield Transference Overloader for the Vazaha and a base item for the Mzungu.

I am nearly finished with the new Mzungu content, and the reward is a very unique ship with a unique ability. Players will have to figure it out, and I am sure they will say 'this ship suck' until they do. But it is a very good ship and is a very viable alternative to using Warden, Shrimp, Porpoise, or even Paxian Selenologica.

Finally, good luck finding someone to give the Faranji Orb too. All the Faranji are dead, even when you return to the past! The UrQa tractor beams made sure their light fighters were in range!

Eventually you might find someone interested though, and it could lead to an Unt Faranji item. I have plans to have the ancient zone as dense with content as the Nexus eventually.

Caelestis

Sat Nov 11, 2006 8:54 am

Ok, for those people who think the ruin specialization skill need a bonus, this part of the post is for you.

The Ancient Ruin item are rated at 2.25 Rarity. This is the highest rarity of any item in the game right now. Mercurian item are only rated at 2.15, and the first level of item in Atlum's new zone are rated at 2.15. Solarian and the Primal item when they are added, are rated at 2.25, and they take billions to build and killing the hardest AI in the game. The Ancient Ruin items and Specialization skill are a hit and miss way of finding some of the best item in the game. The six billion credits you spend in order to get the skill are an investment, one that will pay off in time. Treat it as such. Also, there were at least 4 of each Ancient Ruin in the game this universe. Sadly, most were in warp 3, I will lobby for a way to fix that.

I will be adding one or two new item to each ancient ruin every universe though, so as the content progress, the chances of the investment paying off will get better. This universe will see some useful items instead of actual gear added to each ruin, each tailored to the races specialization. A stealth item for the Bule, a Light Fighter item for the Faranji, a Shield Transference Overloader for the Vazaha and a base item for the Mzungu.

I am nearly finished with the new Mzungu content, and the reward is a very unique ship with a unique ability. Players will have to figure it out, and I am sure they will say 'this ship suck' until they do. But it is a very good ship and is a very viable alternative to using Warden, Shrimp, Porpoise, or even Paxian Selenologica.

Finally, good luck finding someone to give the Faranji Orb too. All the Faranji are dead, even when you return to the past! The UrQa tractor beams made sure their light fighters were in range!

Eventually you might find someone interested though, and it could lead to an Unt Faranji item. I have plans to have the ancient zone as dense with content as the Nexus eventually.

Caelestis

You rock Cael ;)

Although, I still stand by my suggestion that even a little teaser giveaway item might be nice in return for such a large investment. In real life if you were to invest such a huge sum into a company, I can guarentee they would give you a few "perks".

Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:28 am
Main: Goz
Level: 1564

Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:32 am
Profile WWW

NEW PAX SHIP!?!?!?

Take the time and do the Enigmatic missions, you will see it. It's sort of a hybrid between a Celestica and Astro.

Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:36 am
Main: Soulless
Level: 492

Tech? Stats? Cost? PC? RC? MC? BC? (OK i admin this is getting a bit redundant.)

Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:13 am
Main: Goz
Level: 1564

HOLLY SHIT!!!

Tech? Stats? Cost? PC? RC? MC? BC? (OK i admin this is getting a bit redundant.)

/wtfisitImustknowrightnow!

Sat Nov 11, 2006 11:56 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Rat Zombie Slaves
Main: Caelestis
Level: 1959

The Paxian Selenologica is a level 17 Paxian ship, it can be found in the Paxian ruins, but those who want to see it can find it in the Enigmatic Sector Custom Dungeon.

I have just completed the new Nexus content I had planned, and due to this change, most of the Cadet missions will be available again for players to finish. The change adds a Token Reward system to Cadet Academy where new players can hunt pirates and gain access to special Cadet items! Included with these rewards is a brand new augmenter that is the first to use a special new augmenter value, Weapons Hold.

There are three new augmenter values that Atlum has just added, and you will see them used gradually in new content as the game progresses. The first is Weapons Hold, this augmenter value will increase the number of Weapons Slots on your ship by a limited percent. This value rounds up, so using a +50% Weapons Hold augmenter on a ship with only two slots will increase it to three. The second is Multifire. This augmenter stat will increase the ships Multifire, again, it will round up. The third value is a special damage stat that will increase your damage at an equal cost in increased electricity usage. So using this value we could increase damage by 30% for a 30% increase in the firing cost of a weapon. Atlum has added five new augmenter values in the last few months, so expect to see more widespread usage of all of them as we add more new content.

Caelestis

Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:06 pm
Team: The Forgotten Colonies
Main: Power Player
Level: 2607

Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:12 pm
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next