Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Team: Vanu Sovereignty
Main: Purgatory
Level: 1075

Atlum wrote:
I just checked and hate should be generated before resists are factored in.

Well thats good then... I suppose that makes it a little better... App ward could still use a beef though... Its been hit by a runaway train, and has little to make it superior at healing at this point over another ship...

Hmm... I clearly remember tanking sputty/marco with my urqa diff for ages... I could just relaxed fly around sputty getting hit every now and then, and without too much strategy and without ANY burner... I never got my shield down past 45k (out of the 84k I have)

The iq bana queen shot me with achilles laser... honestly I laughed my ass off - she prolly wasn't dmg augged but... it didn't hurt that much at all... of course I got high shield bank, but it wasn't that bad at all... obviously I would've been killed if I wasn't already using burner but still... The massive shield bank on app ward is a sort-of compensation..

I was thinking maybe give app ward a built in shield regen and/or bank bonus?

Mon Dec 04, 2006 3:57 pm
Team: The Happy Campers
Main: Enji
Level: 1638

Healing is a little different than attacking. And in most cases, I probably would want the base to attack the healer, but not if the healer isn't even on the same team as the attacker. Then your base is just starting a new war for you.

No, the new war is being started by a guy from a 3rd team helping another in the war, that is the responsability of the healer to decide whether he helps his friend, possibly ending in his team being at war, or not to do it. If we were speaking about damage sealing, no one would dare say the base fighting back CAUSED the war.

Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:19 pm
Main: Cyphe12
Level: 1566

On that note, add a reduction to Agro on the Shield Monkey Specialization and Expertise augs, would make them a real consideration for healing ships.

The problem with shield monkey spec/exp is that they have no elec regen bonus... Shields take up so much elec that you simply can't have an aug that doesn't provide an elec regen bonus and still be able to power your shields/wep at the same time.

Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:11 pm
Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Polydectes
Level: 1842

Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:26 pm
Main: voyager vs borg
Level: 1035

Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:00 am

I know, beef PtE...rofl

Yay :)

Beef PtE, sup combi and exc combi shield wise ^^

Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:10 am

OmniEnder wrote:
I know, beef PtE...rofl

Exc combo doesn't need beefed... Doesn't need nerfed, but doesn't need beefed...

Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:13 am

2kewl4u wrote:
OmniEnder wrote:
I know, beef PtE...rofl

Exc combo doesn't need beefed... Doesn't need nerfed, but doesn't need beefed...

Lol if those 3 were beefed that'd do my ward a whole lot of good :P

Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:15 am

Hmm... I clearly remember tanking sputty/marco with my urqa diff for ages... I could just relaxed fly around sputty getting hit every now and then, and without too much strategy and without ANY burner... I never got my shield down past 45k (out of the 84k I have)

The iq bana queen shot me with achilles laser... honestly I laughed my ass off - she prolly wasn't dmg augged but... it didn't hurt that much at all... of course I got high shield bank, but it wasn't that bad at all... obviously I would've been killed if I wasn't already using burner but still... The massive shield bank on app ward is a sort-of compensation..

My point is that you actually have less shield bank after resists are factored in... Saying just "monkeys have high bank, they can take it" is not realistic.

Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:18 am

2kewl4u wrote:

My point is that you actually have less shield bank after resists are factored in... Saying just "monkeys have high bank, they can take it" is not realistic.

Well, they really CAN take it - for a short period of time ^^

Ok lets stop aggravating you ^^

I really agree with you, ward needs better resists... but of course it shouldn't be broken (ok I'm using admin point of view, not mine ^^)

An idea was to tweak high resistances in using the apprentices wand to heal... Every1 was discussing this "healing ratio of 1500 is 750 bladibla" stuff which I didn't understand at all but if it could be linked to some laser/energy/heat/whatever protection that'd be really nice ^^

Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:33 am
Main: Cay Shaders
Level: 1065

There was a topic a while back that people were discussing implementing new SHM only tweak guns that would impart a temporary resistance a specific element, or 2 elements (I will elaborate after). 2 Shielm monkeys could then give themselves a temprorary resist as well as the fighters to better take the damage.

I was thinking of 2 elements to make the tweak guns would need hazard dissipators or tectonic dissipators and would give the appropriate bonus to tech.

Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:09 am
Team: Star Wars
Main: Peter_The_Puller
Level: 804

Could you update the test server so that I can actually use my ship and test it?

Yeah, I hope this happens sometime soon.....

Anyways, this will only affect ai? So then PvP wise we can still just heal before and not bother about being attacked by the base and getting destroyed? Woot

Tue Dec 05, 2006 5:06 am
Profile WWW
Team: The Forgotten Colonies
Main: Demonx
Level: 4976

My ideal Shield Monkey Ship (Work in Progress) is DS with PtE, ShM Expertise, & 2 Exc. Combo's but there's a good reason why I haven't finished it ... 1 small nerf to merchant extension, merchant bonus to light fighter or DS hull would completely ruin the ship. As a player it would be more fun if I did not have to worry about nerfs to this effect. And I think this is a good change, PROVIDING there is some sort of compensation to the players whom already have a setup that will be adversely affected by these changes.

Also on another note I was wondering what would be the Hate effect of object like Undead Presence ?

Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:10 am
Team: The Forgotten Colonies
Main: Demonx
Level: 4976

Sorry for the double post (it's not like I'm trying to boost post-count), but I was just thinking with these new aggro rules the Tank would do more damage if the the AI had less resists which would mean the AI would aggro the healer less.

This could be compensated by increasing the shields on AIs.

Tue Dec 05, 2006 8:44 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next