Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1969

Post New Healing aggro
We have fixed and tweaked the new healing aggro. It is currently available to try out on the test server.

This is a big bonus for healers because their game will now be a whole lot more fun since they no longer just sit there and heal. Please try it out and leave comments. We'll probably patch it up onto the real server in the next couple of days.

Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:54 pm
Profile WWW
Main: Cyphe12
Level: 1566

Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:25 pm
Main: voyager vs borg
Level: 1035

could u place a uber station egain, then i can go try it out, with an app ward
well, go on the server, i want to test peeps :P

could u suplly the bases with prom?

from what i've seen, the ai seem to attack me, we went into snake hole(uesage and me, he had no prom, i have 1), and the bg's did attack me while i healed him

Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:48 pm
Team: The Happy Campers
Main: Enji
Level: 1638

Well given the shitty resists of the app ward, and the ability to dodge with this big fat ship...

I ll try on test server in 7 hours...

Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:50 pm
Main: Goz
Level: 1564

Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:53 pm
Profile WWW
Team: The Happy Campers
Main: Enji
Level: 1638

HA HA, I helped atlum with this

Now you will be able to run in your SD ship while the guy healing you is getting teard to shreds waiting for the OBA to kick in, I hope you will enjoy it...

More seriously, I have not been able to test, but during an (foolish) attempt at vigilante, when the battle thatch died (thats why I said foolish), I had no other choice than to fire a OBA AND a MSP to escape vigi (that I had aggroed before the beginning of the fight) with 15% shield left...

If in this situation Vigilante was going to go aggro agaisnt me during a fight I would have had to flee the same way, meaning 1 healer unavailable for some time, slow MFs could not really run after the AI running after the monkey...

Again, I havent tested yet, it is speculation from a ass kicking I took 2 days ago...

Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:24 pm
Team: Vanu Sovereignty
Main: Purgatory
Level: 1075

Oh well the healer aggro has been in for a while ( was amusing when marco started shooting me while both MF's were alive the first time - several weeks ago.. we were like "wtf") - what has been changed?

Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:41 am
Main: Goz
Level: 1564

BAM5992 wrote:

Now you will be able to run in your SD ship while the guy healing you is getting teard to shreds waiting for the OBA to kick in, I hope you will enjoy it...

More seriously, I have not been able to test, but during an (foolish) attempt at vigilante, when the battle thatch died (thats why I said foolish), I had no other choice than to fire a OBA AND a MSP to escape vigi (that I had aggroed before the beginning of the fight) with 15% shield left...

If in this situation Vigilante was going to go aggro agaisnt me during a fight I would have had to flee the same way, meaning 1 healer unavailable for some time, slow MFs could not really run after the AI running after the monkey...

Again, I havent tested yet, it is speculation from a ass kicking I took 2 days ago...

he was in a mini jujuso'qi, with a rns that was grey colored and healed me ALOT per shot, atlum got me to 300 sheilds and healed me to 11972 agian, in turn he made "4" of me on 1 ship (yes, 5 excoms and GnT's on one ship)

Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:43 am
Profile WWW

Enji wrote:
BAM5992 wrote:

he was in a mini jujuso'qi, with a rns that was grey colored and healed me ALOT per shot, atlum got me to 300 sheilds and healed me to 11972 agian, in turn he made "4" of me on 1 ship (yes, 5 excoms and GnT's on one ship)

Cael tried to make my pax glow funky colours for Halloween =D... I ended up with like 6 exc combos, 6 sup combos, 6 zeus, 30 jack thoraxes, 6 undead pressense, etc etc etc =D

Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:24 am
Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Polydectes
Level: 1842

um, is it me or have ubers been aggroing to healers in the reral server for swome time.. I know of at least 4-5 uber runs that this has happened on, lol.
There is a very easy way around this too, adn I'm not telling you Mr. Atlum because you already put it in without wawrning..hhmmmppphhh

lol, gimme the gear I lost due to those rollbacks and I'll spill to ya, hehe

Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:27 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: _7_
Level: 5179

I remember when, i think it was Code Herder, was piloting Ai's from W3, marco, MS etc. Then he got this omgwtfhaxuber MF pick from some DF 390+ DG.....Then when he went to get MS he left the pick in Lunacy :lol: Thinking it would migrate somewhere else.....But it stayed there and griefed people, lol. Healer aggro should be well....interesting, but overall i think some aggro needs to be reworked...Like for example when an AI goes for the person with the lowest sheild bank, i think this is silly because we dont see what sheild bank an AI has, so why should they see ours? They should always go for the person doing the most damage, IMO. Also when it comes to slaves and drones, on my alts i always find my main ship coming under attack long before the drones of slaves attract any agro. But yeah, now when an MF dies healers should be ready to run lol.

Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:31 am
Team: Star Wars
Main: Peter_The_Puller
Level: 804

Could you update the test server so that I can actually use my ship and test it?

Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:41 am
Profile WWW
Main: Lt.Nelson+
Level: 5

I hope this only works for Ai and not for bases.

If I'm on Team A and my team is at war with Team B....

Player from Team B starts attacking my bases and has a player from Nuetral Team C healing him.

Will my bases shoot the healer from team C if he does too much healing? I really hope not. I want to have some control over what teams my bases start wars with.

Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:25 am
Profile YIM

On average 1 point of healing will do 50% the hate 1 point of damage do. There are some other factors though but that's the basic rule.

I can tell you right now, mathematically this will need reduced right away... All because of resists... Think of it this way...

Typical MF with 5x excoms deals ~1600 dps to something. He generates 1600 points of hate? NO. He generates 800 points of hate because of resists n such...

Sniper deals 1100 dps with excom... Thats 550 points of hate...

Monkey heals the MF for -1500 dps... This causes 750 points of hate... Add in a transference facilitator, and you're up to over 850 points easy...

This means that a monkey would have a 50/50 chance of retaining aggro with a MF counterpart, and a damn near 100% chance of retaining aggro with a sniper izer or non DS sniper...

Atlum wrote:
If there are more then 1 enemies around, healing aggro will be "spread" between the AIs.

I don't know what you mean by this...

Atlum wrote:
They might need to dodge or run away a bit while the tanks try to aggro them off them.

Atlum, you fill at app ward with gear and try to dodge some gigo lasers... I can tell you now that it doesn't work. With exception to maybe an SD in a DS that can dodge vigi's catapults and midas's thoraxes, you can't dodge ubers projectiles, and the second you do, they start with the lasers. Most ubers have roughly 2k range... This means you have to burn out while taking damage, then come back in before the MF dies... I'm sorry, but MFs can't survive that long against ubers... Nor can snipers, nor can SDs... By the time the monkeys get back, the combat chars will be dead.

Atlum wrote:
Luckily healing ships tend to have a lot of shields.

In theory, this is correct... In practice, its not. A shield monkey might have 50-80k shield bank... A MF pax might have 25-50k shield bank...

App ward has 10% laser resists... That means an uber dealing 10k raw DPS is actually dealing about 9k dps, or 10-15% of the total shields per second...

Pax has ~65% laser resists (noone knows the exact amount)... That means the same uber dealing the same 10k raw DPS is actually only dealing 3500 dps, or 7-12% of total shields per second...

The only thing that a shield monkey's shields increase actually applies to is transference damage, because all resists are low for it... For damage tanking purposes, a monkey in an app ward is actually less able to tank damage in most cases than the combat tanking classes...

Atlum wrote:
...but healing aggro is a much needed feature that should have been in the game agos ago if you ask me.

I agree, but you NEED to impliment things to compensate... App wards already got HEAVILY nerfed, without any substantial bonus. This is putting even more strain on the already heavily reduced tech 20 ship...

Give app ward 50% resists to everything, put in a -15% damage augment, and a +30% transference power augment... This works out to a slight boost to the transference strength overall, while decreasing the damage output to make it ineffective as a damage dealing ship...

Also, increase the effect of the +/- hostility skills from bipolar... Allow it to go either +/-25% or +/-50% hostility... Allow people to design their characters to strategically take aggro/avoid taking aggro...

You could also introduce some hostility boosting augs and items that aren't 100% useless in combat...

Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:58 am