Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Bluejayek
Level: 3919

I hope this only works for Ai and not for bases.

If I'm on Team A and my team is at war with Team B....

Player from Team B starts attacking my bases and has a player from Nuetral Team C healing him.

Will my bases shoot the healer from team C if he does too much healing? I really hope not. I want to have some control over what teams my bases start wars with.

And you dont want a base to shoot a person whos helping sum1 kill your base?

Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:59 am
Main: Lt.Nelson+
Level: 5

Healing is a little different than attacking. And in most cases, I probably would want the base to attack the healer, but not if the healer isn't even on the same team as the attacker. Then your base is just starting a new war for you.

As an example, there are teams in game that are strong teams, they fight with a little bit of honor and they make worthy adversaries. If I am at war with that team I would want my bases shooting any would be attackers, as well as the healers on that team. But when that team is allied with another team that is full of slave killing noobs that wouldn't dream of entering a combat unless the odds are stacked 3vs1 in their favor, then I'd rather not go to war with them, or cause any aggro with their team at all. Not because they are strong or even anything to be feared, but because they are too much of an annoyance. Like mosquitos.

So yeah, I'd like a little control over who my bases attack. If I want them to attack a team, I'll turn on war mongering, thanks.

Or, here's another example.. have you ever flown past somebody and shot them with a healing laser just for fun? Lets say they just got done attacking somebodies base. Oh.. now you are aggro to that team. How very nice.

Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:19 am
Profile YIM
Team: The Forgotten Colonies
Main: Demonx
Level: 4888

These changes are good and bad at the same time. Healing aggro is needed but the sub-par resists on appr ward make it less than effective.

As for your so called "Big Bonus" it seems more like a Big load of BS- improved gameplay at the cost of making Shield Monkey's even less effective means I'm giving this the thumbs down.

Despite that comment, I could agree with these changes but there really needs to be some improvement to Apprentice Ward (really the only affordable, decent Shield Monkey ship used and available).

Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:03 am
Main: Cyphe12
Level: 1566

I would recommend that healing agro be applied only to AIs/bases that the char being healed has attacked within the last 5 seconds, or which have themselves targeted (i.e. shot at or chased) that char within the last 5 seconds. If the character is currently out of the battle - neither attacking nor under attack - then I see no reason healer agro should be in effect.

I agree completely...

On I Drone J00 I healed someone who had attacked undead tobal in the graveyard... he was already dead, and I was just trying to be nice... Next thing I know I'm losing 10k shields per second and running like hell so I don't get pwned to hell by UDT. Was kinda ridiculous...

Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:57 am

I personaly think this is an excelent addition overall. It needs some tweaking, but might add some more stratagy to the groups for uber runs. for example, maybe a monkey setup in a pax designed for shields, damage and aggro? make him a pure tank as the word suggests? I think some ppl are overlooking some of the stratagy that can be added here.

I've thought of that... But if the tank isn't taking damage, then you aren't healing any, and if you aren't healing any, the aggro switches... Basically I forsee the aggro switching between the tank and the healer, but the tank has resists to reduce the dmg taken, the healers do not...

Besides, even just considering that a pax would be as good at healing as an app ward just shows that something is wrong...

Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:15 am

Some strats will change and honestly it should not be that hard to get control on small groups of ais at least, and we can adjust for larger group if there is a need.

But as per usual, the only way to keep aggro is to deal the most DPS... Thats what should be changed... Give means to artificially inflate hate caused by a noticeable amount.

Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:16 am

I just checked and hate should be generated before resists are factored in.

Well thats good then... I suppose that makes it a little better... App ward could still use a beef though... Its been hit by a runaway train, and has little to make it superior at healing at this point over another ship...

Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:24 am
Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Polydectes
Level: 1842

The problem is when you get some ais that spawn rapidly, such as that ai in the uber zone that respawn every 30 seconds. You get the healers taking agro before the tank or dps dealers can hit them, and when such strong ai all spawn and instantly have hate to the healers they die really fast, we have screen shots to prove it, lol.

I wanted to make another point, but I don't have one...damn.

Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:48 am

The problem is when you get some ais that spawn rapidly, such as that ai in the uber zone that respawn every 30 seconds. You get the healers taking agro before the tank or dps dealers can hit them, and when such strong ai all spawn and instantly have hate to the healers they die really fast, we have screen shots to prove it, lol.

I wanted to make another point, but I don't have one...damn.

Thats another issue right there... I really think giving the app ward some decent resists along with the -dmg/+transpower would be a good idea. Would have little effect on the amount healed, but would stop the higher resists from breaking it as a fast, dmg dealing freighter...

Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:03 pm
Main: Cay Shaders
Level: 1065

You all forget that merchant had access to some pretty nifty defense equipment also. However, most of these items are very elec dependant. A little tweaking could be used here. GnT + OS Sponge + Healing can be powered easily by a Fire of the Gods. Switch to an OS Gnt, and I have to take my charger off. Keep the GnT and Add Compressed Damp+, I have to take my charger off. OS GnT + Charger can be powered using decent elec tweaks. OS GnT + Damps cannot be powered unless using Apollo's Tweaks or mid-high end Lyceum tweaks. OS GnT + Charger + Damps means any kinf of damage drains my elec almost completely.

The Bipolar skills will work wonders for this new system, but as suggested, making this go to lvl 20 or more would be a vast improvement.

On that note, add a reduction to Agro on the Shield Monkey Specialization and Expertise augs, would make them a real consideration for healing ships.

Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:42 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next