Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Team: Sykes
Main: PlasmitetheSecond
Level: 858

they just got boosted a ton and are HAAAARD to kill now. ive heard RM is nigh impossible and it takes 15-20 min to kill a MF BG

Tue Dec 05, 2006 8:46 am
Team: Vanu Sovereignty
Main: Purgatory
Level: 1075

Honestly keeping aggro from the healers is not that hard, you just have to hit the mobs a few times.

There are some places maybe like the last levels of copper where healers might have to do more aerobic to avoid being swarmed but better "tanks" will make this easier on them. We will try implementing some form of AE hate maybe eventually.

It's also a given that tanks have to start working "right away" in this system, none of this standing around tanking everything while doing nothing and getting healed massive amount of dmg on bosses for example. You start tanking the boss you need to start damaging that boss now or healers will have aggro very fast.

As for resists on app ward or other healing ships, they are balanced versus the hull of the ship and other capability. If you feel that something like a pax or whatever make a better healing ship due to resist, be my guess and try it out but stats won't be artificially boosted on the ward to compensate for this.

But pax will be artificially nerfed?

Oh well enough jokes ^^ - I agree with atlum here, healing aggro ain't that bad you just have to "make" some resists... The iq bana laser diffuser is as useful for a monk as it is for a MF...

Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:14 pm
Team: The Happy Campers
Main: Enji
Level: 1638

My ideal Shield Monkey Ship (Work in Progress) is DS with PtE, ShM Expertise, & 2 Exc. Combo's but there's a good reason why I haven't finished it ... 1 small nerf to merchant extension, merchant bonus to light fighter or DS hull would completely ruin the ship. As a player it would be more fun if I did not have to worry about nerfs to this effect

I agree 100%... Admins REFUSE to admit that the unability to adapt a ship after a nerf on augs or the ship itself is preventing players from investing time and huge amount of cash in new uncommon setups. A ship as he describes might be "expendable" for the richest players, but for a guy with 1 or 2 colonies, it represents the savings of a whole universe. Most of us cannot afford to build a ship that would be made 100% because of the decision of 1 admin.

Admins do not realise how frustrating it is to make ships on the drawing board and not to be able to build them for real for fear that it can be ruined anytime.

Why do you thing I still have my best ship is a crap ass porpoise on my rad exp main character ? I have P20 and enough cash to get a better ship..

Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:33 pm
Team: Traders
Main: your mother and i
Level: 3336

Tue Dec 05, 2006 8:28 pm

UltraViolet wrote:
My ideal Shield Monkey Ship (Work in Progress) is DS with PtE, ShM Expertise, & 2 Exc. Combo's but there's a good reason why I haven't finished it ... 1 small nerf to merchant extension, merchant bonus to light fighter or DS hull would completely ruin the ship. As a player it would be more fun if I did not have to worry about nerfs to this effect

I agree 100%... Admins REFUSE to admit that the unability to adapt a ship after a nerf on augs or the ship itself is preventing players from investing time and huge amount of cash in new uncommon setups. A ship as he describes might be "expendable" for the richest players, but for a guy with 1 or 2 colonies, it represents the savings of a whole universe. Most of us cannot afford to build a ship that would be made 100% because of the decision of 1 admin.

Admins do not realise how frustrating it is to make ships on the drawing board and not to be able to build them for real for fear that it can be ruined anytime.

Why do you thing I still have my best ship is a crap ass porpoise on my rad exp main character ? I have P20 and enough cash to get a better ship..

Now that's a bit lame, we all know the 2 sup 1 exc/ 1 sup 2 exc/ 1 sup 1 exc 1 zeus equans won't be nerfed.

Same goes for the 2 zeus 1 sup/exc/PtE or the 2 sup 1 exc or whatever combination people come up with - it won't be nerfed.

The only thing that WILL be nerfed is originality.. and I can't stand having the same ship as another so I live on originality.. so far I've only had 2 of my ships nerfed (my locution and one of my app wards)

after the locution got hit I went monkey and got app ward with rather sucky augs cuz I couldn't afford better... After that I got a nice ownage app ward with insanely high healing... then MSP got nerfed and only SSS's were good enough to keep up with my healing so I now have another one.. This one probably won't be nerfed cuz, even though it's original, it's not "better" than a 2 exc 1 PtE or 2 PtE 1 exc one.

When I have my DS augged and geared up I don't doubt I'll be nerfed lol.

Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:59 pm
Main: Goz
Level: 1564

lets all bring BTs to RM!

WOOO

Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:42 pm
Profile WWW
Team: Eminence Front
Main: _7_
Level: 5179

And have them pushed out into space by push tractors until they are out of healer range then get raped? lol....

Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:09 am

And have them pushed out into space by push tractors until they are out of healer range then get raped? lol....

Yea, that's probably what admins want with traction augs anyway ^^

Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:22 am

True Dinrast, I agree, but seeing that if someone heals a guy atttacking me and my belongings, my leaky reactor does not affect the healer today, so I guess he is not even marked ennemy.

So I guess it is not working for PVP... Is it intended ?

Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:17 pm

There's a problem though, some1 comes out of a gal, I'm healer, I see his shield a little low and heal him (that's just something I always do)

The other day I did it in w3, next thing I know midas is shooting me... turns out the guy had attacked midas like half a minute before and midas did that dmg.

If some1 asks me to randomly heal him and I don't see him being shot, I do it - why? Because I"m monkey, it's what I do. I don't wanna pay for it by being shot by bases... Of course I don't heal ppl I know to be in a war or stuff.

Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:39 pm
Team: Light Commerce
Main: Tankerlicious
Level: 1006

had an interesting thing happen to me the other day concerning Healer Agro

I was AFK sorting some things in my Thatch in Free Market "Protected Galaxy by Mercenaries) on Saturday evening. When everyones fried Minch came and atatcked my combat slaves.

My Slaves were set to attack enemies so of course they fired back.
I am fairly proud of them because they were evidently doing a good job of beating on old Minch so he called in his Healer friend Kight Killer.

I was not aware of any of this until old Kight Killer did enough healing to Minch to pull agro to himself. My wonerful Wardens then switched targets and fired upon Kight Killer. Atthis point I became aware of battle because in Events tab I got the message that my slaves had "broken the peace."

Now where as I simpathize with Purgatory; I find it a tad bugged that Midas knew him to be enemy in that instance and yet the galaxy owners did not seem to be informed of that fact in mine.

Not certain if this post should be moved to Bugs section but this seemed at least as appropriate a palce to post.

Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:07 pm
Profile ICQ

There's a problem though, some1 comes out of a gal, I'm healer, I see his shield a little low and heal him (that's just something I always do)

The other day I did it in w3, next thing I know midas is shooting me... turns out the guy had attacked midas like half a minute before and midas did that dmg.

If some1 asks me to randomly heal him and I don't see him being shot, I do it - why? Because I"m monkey, it's what I do. I don't wanna pay for it by being shot by bases... Of course I don't heal ppl I know to be in a war or stuff.

Hmm I think aggro should spread to healers only if they are on the same galaxy than the ennemies of the guy being healed. If an ennemy is in the same galaxy to "witness" the healing, then the aggro should spread. Something should be found to prevent it from being exploitable in pvp (like healers sitting next door ready to heal)

Actually, someone could anger every last uber in game then ask to be healed.... Poor healer getting agro to midas, bart, DTs, sputty, udt, marco... Could be funny though XD

Tanker, I am surprised you slaves attacked the monkey... Maybe they kinda act like AIs regarding aggro ? I am sure that when I attacked Kight Killer that other day that my leaky reactor did not affect him until he shot something LC...

Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:12 am

2kewl4u wrote:

Hmm I think aggro should spread to healers only if they are on the same galaxy than the ennemies of the guy being healed. If an ennemy is in the same galaxy to "witness" the healing, then the aggro should spread. Something should be found to prevent it from being exploitable in pvp (like healers sitting next door ready to heal)

Actually, someone could anger every last uber in game then ask to be healed.... Poor healer getting agro to midas, bart, DTs, sputty, udt, marco... Could be funny though XD

Tanker, I am surprised you slaves attacked the monkey... Maybe they kinda act like AIs regarding aggro ? I am sure that when I attacked Kight Killer that other day that my leaky reactor did not affect him until he shot something LC...

Not that sputty, midas, bart, UDT and marco are near each other... healers won't always get aggro, and no1 cares for DT's I can probably tank 5 at a time.

And of course leaky reactor only works on enemies, same for slaves... if you attack some1 that doesn't make him enemy.

Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:53 pm

And of course leaky reactor only works on enemies, same for slaves... if you attack some1 that doesn't make him enemy.

I know, but here we were talking about the healers not (always) becoming ennemy while healing in battle.

My other comment was more a joke that anything... Ask a level 50 to heal you, and see if he can tank DTs. Nvm

Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:07 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next