Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Rat Zombie Slaves
Main: Caelestis
Level: 1959

Post Current Projects, 12/28/06
Finally back from my Christmas Holiday, I have started up again with my one major project, being Augmenter Tweaking and a few smaller things that are being added next universe on the side.

First, the Tortuga Black Market. Here you will be able to trade dubloons for other limited token items, such as Racer Medals, Paxian Medals and even Trader Signet. Also, the daring profiteer might be able to find a few black merchants who need goods smuggled deep into protected territories.

While still on the subject of tokens, I have added a few repeatable missions for Paxian Exploration Medals, similar to that of Earthforce and Tortuga. Players will be able to kill UrQa for special drops that the Paxians will exchange medals for. With this change, the UrQa will also have a custom droplist, so expect to see more varied and interesting drops from them.

All of these changes are in preperation of the beefed token systems I will work on starting next universe.

Second, I have added a custom UrQa names list, a custom Mzungu Names list, and a custom Lyceum Names list. This means any AI from those factions will no long have the rather silly random names they currently have.

Finally, I have fixed the Mzungu Lore missions, but unfortunately, have been unable to get the fix live. At the very worst, they will be fixed next universe. Also, the Mzungu Fluid missions have been fixed and will be properly live next universe, as well as rebalanced to make use of some new spawner features. Also on the subject of Ancient Ruins, I will be adding a few new items to each of them for next universe, putting them up to about 8 items per ruin. Faranji will be getting an Unt Faranji Force X and an Unt Faranji Power X, Kikale Mzungu will most likely be getting a freighter Engine, Golagoay Vazaha will be seeing a very nice Shield Charger, and Bule Abadi should be seeing a very good Stealth Shield.

Caelestis

Wed Dec 27, 2006 9:23 pm
Team: Spacing Guild
Main: FracOMac
Level: 3369

Wed Dec 27, 2006 9:25 pm
Team: Vanu Sovereignty
Main: Purgatory
Level: 1075

Hmm the choice, Unt Faranji for the energy, or Galogoay Vazaha for the overloader and charger... Hmmmmmmmmmm.

Also I love the token thing, that's really something the game needs.

Wed Dec 27, 2006 9:41 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Nurokourri
Level: 5049

Nice. What is the cap on the aug tweak going to be for the new system?

Kikale Mzungu Trader Warfare FTW. Hopefully the engine will live up to those high standards. ;)

Wed Dec 27, 2006 9:52 pm
Main: _7_
Level: 5179

Yay, more special ruin items! Always good to know what's going on ;)

Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:22 am
Team: Vanu Sovereignty
Main: Purgatory
Level: 1075

Nice. What is the cap on the aug tweak going to be for the new system?

Kikale Mzungu Trader Warfare FTW. Hopefully the engine will live up to those high standards. ;)

Cap will be 100% from what I understood, 25 levels max, each giving 4% aug tweaking bonus, up to 15 is supposed to be easely obtainable to make up for the current 60% aug bonus you get from AT3. After that it's gonna be a pain in the butthole to get higher through missions.

Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:51 am
Team: Eminence Back
Main: x0xhellx0x
Level: 3915

YAY they fixed the mzungu lore thing..... but not live yet too bad cant wait for other goodies

Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:19 am
Team: Sykes
Main: PlasmitetheSecond
Level: 858

will they let people keep the AT theyve gotten already?

Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:53 am
Main: _7_
Level: 5179

If you actually bothered to read the thread's about Aug Tweaking you wouldn't need to ask that question plasmite...

Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:18 pm
Team: The Happy Campers
Main: Enji
Level: 1638

Speaking about AT, do you plan anything for slave tweaking ? Compared to other players, rad exp will benefit much less from the new AT system than other classes...

What's more, ST being only 2% per level, needing 30 levels to reach 60 is muuuch more expensive skill point-wise... Couldnt it be revamped to be similar to future AT, with maybe some hard content to get over 60% bonus ?

Slave masters would still have to work harder than "normal" battle classes anyway (for an overall efficiency that has yet to be proven), I think it would only be fair...

Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:02 pm
Team: Admins
Main: The Voomy One
Level: 1337

Thanx for the update Cael, sounds good :)

Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:32 pm
Main: Goz
Level: 1564

Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:35 am
Profile WWW
Main: Lethal Dosage
Level: 2825

Will the stats on the Bule Abadi Steal shield be in line with the current Blockade shields (Deimos, Twilight etc), or is this a whole different line?

If it is a whole different line, do you think we can get a rough comparison as to what we should expect due to the fact that unlike almost all the other ruins items, Bule do not already have a Stealth shield line?

Mon Jan 01, 2007 6:42 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Rat Zombie Slaves
Main: Caelestis
Level: 1959

It will not be an entire line of shields, it will simply be one shield, level 20 rarity 2.25. I would expect it to be small, with a higher bank, lower shield charge, very low visibility with an added visibility modifier. You would not be able to 'tank' well with it, but it would work very well for hit and run tatics.

Caelestis

Mon Jan 01, 2007 8:42 pm
Main: Lethal Dosage
Level: 2825

It will not be an entire line of shields, it will simply be one shield, level 20 rarity 2.25. I would expect it to be small, with a higher bank, lower shield charge, very low visibility with an added visibility modifier. You would not be able to 'tank' well with it, but it would work very well for hit and run tatics.

Caelestis

Sounds great, thanks. I surely hope it is slightly smaller than Twilight, even if it has horrible regen.

Mon Jan 01, 2007 8:55 pm