Team: The Happy Campers
Main: Enji
Level: 1638

Diffusers won't always blow....You could have Laser Damp+, Compressed Laser Damp+, and UrQa Uka Uzu Qi which is (I think) 55%+25%+25% with zero failure rate......That's the sort of thing I was wondering about, stacking them up to a point where AI do virtually zero damage anyway =/ I think the idea Slicer has suggested would work quite well, and should prevent most if not all diffuser/dampener/ dissipator abuse, imo.

Is it really that way that diffusers stack ? I think it is not a good idea to ADD percentage, as you can end up exceeding 100%... What happens then ? You get shield when you get hit ?

Mon Jan 01, 2007 6:11 pm
Main: Lethal Dosage
Level: 2825

Happy_Tree_Friend wrote:
Diffusers won't always blow....You could have Laser Damp+, Compressed Laser Damp+, and UrQa Uka Uzu Qi which is (I think) 55%+25%+25% with zero failure rate......That's the sort of thing I was wondering about, stacking them up to a point where AI do virtually zero damage anyway =/ I think the idea Slicer has suggested would work quite well, and should prevent most if not all diffuser/dampener/ dissipator abuse, imo.

Is it really that way that diffusers stack ? I think it is not a good idea to ADD percentage, as you can end up exceeding 100%... What happens then ? You get shield when you get hit ?

Percentages stack, but not the way you think..

50% + 50% does not = 100%

50% + 50% = 75% of X resists.

Mon Jan 01, 2007 6:26 pm
Team: Infinate Dreams
Main: Desert Rat
Level: 652

I personally think its not very good that any of them can stack together to increase the effect.

Either they should

1) Take the resistance of the highest damp/diff

or

2) That only when 1 is equipped it should uninstall the others (maybe have some concession for the combined ones?)

Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:13 pm

I personally think its not very good that any of them can stack together to increase the effect.

Either they should

or

2) That only when 1 is equipped it should uninstall the others (maybe have some concession for the combined ones?)

No no no no, for slaves, all diffusers should be equipped in advance. And the effect should not stack, NOR SHOULD THE ELEC

Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:15 am
Team: Infinate Dreams
Main: Desert Rat
Level: 652

Madferret wrote:

Either they should

or

No no no no, for slaves, all diffusers should be equipped in advance. And the effect should not stack, NOR SHOULD THE ELEC

That would come under no1 :D

Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:17 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: _7_
Level: 5179

I have no idea how the stack, but the fact they do is stupid. There are just so many different types of diffusers and dampener's that it is SO easily abused, on player ships and bases alike. DR's first idea is good.

Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:53 am
Main: Bluejayek
Level: 3919

While were on the subject, GG should use the highest tch first, not lowest...

Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:54 am
Main: SerjicalStrike2
Level: 2683

While were on the subject, GG should use the highest tch first, not lowest...

It does now.

Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:38 am

Yea it's been like that for the past couple of uni's now, it even say's what GG is used in Event when you die, too.

Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:59 am
Team: WHO
Main: Leroy78
Level: 3360

I think Atlum isn't talking about stacking diffusers to gain a bit more resist, but instead is talking about stacking them to the point of invincibility, to the point where things won't fire. For example, an andaman base won't even fire if you have enough types of laser diffuser equipped. I think he's highlighting that as the problem here, instead of simply using diffusers tactically.

Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:43 am

Yea but stacking them to the point where the base/AI weapon will only do 5-10% of its total damage is still very broken imo.

Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:40 am
Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Dr Junkie
Level: 2230

Yea but stacking them to the point where the base/AI weapon will only do 5-10% of its total damage is still very broken imo.

But if the base is firing, you have a natural limit in the amount of space you have to carry diffusers, as they will blow up. 10 bases firing lasers at you should break diffusers quickly.

Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:12 pm

I heard the incredible figure of 37k dps on a BT (I havent tried to compute it so I dont know), how many diffusers would be blown before it is dead ?

Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:48 pm