Main: zwi00
Level: 1950

Post Re: Diffuser stacking abuse
Atlum wrote:
Like I just mentioned in game, until we can fix the problems with diffuser stacking, if you abuse it in a way that prevent either an AI or a Base to fire shots on you, it's considered an exploit and could get you suspended so please don't do it.

You can still stack diffusers like the game allow as long as the AIs or Bases keep firing on you.

there's another thing going on this situation.

a short story would be the case why you posted this. a bunch of players are farming dark curse these days including me and Sodomy. the second time we were trying dark curse, he suddenly stopped shooting and was circling Sodomy's Thatch. At first, we thought it was the "diffuser stacking abuse" and we asked sodomy to unequip all his laser diffusers from his thatch, because we the battle thatches couldnt see it to target it and fire, only monkeys could because of the exc. comb radar bonus. After Sodomy unequipped all his diffusers, dark cuse still didnt start shooting, we were astonished.

Sodomy's response to this was that dark curse was turning to fast going around that it couldnt find the target and a good position to start shooting, so an opinion would be to give Dark curse a couple of sup targetting to see if sodomy is correct.

zwi00

Sun Dec 31, 2006 9:02 am
Profile WWW
Main: Cyphe12
Level: 1566

Post Re: Diffuser stacking abuse
zwi00 wrote:
Sodomy's response to this was that dark curse was turning to fast going around that it couldnt find the target and a good position to start shooting, so an opinion would be to give Dark curse a couple of sup targetting to see if sodomy is correct.

zwi00

Probably a fluke based on the random spawn... it happened to get the EXACT setup it would need to do this...

I doubt it'd be a problem that would happen regularily, and a sup targetting woul give him 360 degree tracking, which I don't think is a good idea...

Sun Dec 31, 2006 9:44 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: _7_
Level: 5179

Just something I'm not too sure of with your post Atlum....Do you mean that ALL Diffuser Stacking is abusing? Or only to a point where AI will not shoot? Because if stacking diffusers within a few percent of an AI not shooting is 'ok' then that is still quite an issue...As far as DC goes...maybe it spawned with a thrust aug or something, because i often find that AI with high thrust will tend to do circles around what they are attacking, in that case, maybe make it so DC can't get thrust augs? But yeah it would be unlikely for that to happen again...

Sun Dec 31, 2006 10:28 am

Just something I'm not too sure of with your post Atlum....Do you mean that ALL Diffuser Stacking is abusing? Or only to a point where AI will not shoot? Because if stacking diffusers within a few percent of an AI not shooting is 'ok' then that is still quite an issue...As far as DC goes...maybe it spawned with a thrust aug or something, because i often find that AI with high thrust will tend to do circles around what they are attacking, in that case, maybe make it so DC can't get thrust augs? But yeah it would be unlikely for that to happen again...

I think the idea is that as long as the AI is attacking you, it will still be able to blow the diffusers...

Sun Dec 31, 2006 10:51 am
Main: zwi00
Level: 1950

in the first battle we had with dark curse, he pwned us with his galtin and we were using the same diff setup. after JAWSS failed on Dark Curse, we tried it for the third time that was, and dark curse was shooting until it messed up himself turning around like the second time we attempted him.

Sun Dec 31, 2006 10:53 am
Profile WWW
Main: Convivial
Level: 1145

I have to ask are dampeners considered different then diffusers i.e. they will be allowed to stack with diffusers. Can compress damps and damps be stacked or is that also a broken bit of code?

What I am trying to get at is which of these is correct according to what you want the code to do:

Equip Volitile Laser Diff, Laser Damp+, and compressed laser damp+
1) Get Volitiles Laser Diff until all are blown and then get Laser Damp+
2) Get Volitile Laser Diff and Laser Damp+ until Volitiles are blown then get Laser Damp+
3) Get Volitile Laser Diff, Laser Damp+, compressed laser damp+ until volitiles are blown then get Laser Damp+ and compressed laser damp+

The only reason I personally think Damp+s and compressed laser damp+s should stack with each other and with the best diffuser is the size, but that is my personal opinion.

Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:18 am

I have to ask are dampeners considered different then diffusers i.e. they will be allowed to stack with diffusers. Can compress damps and damps be stacked or is that also a broken bit of code?

What I am trying to get at is which of these is correct according to what you want the code to do:

Equip Volitile Laser Diff, Laser Damp+, and compressed laser damp+
1) Get Volitiles Laser Diff until all are blown and then get Laser Damp+
2) Get Volitile Laser Diff and Laser Damp+ until Volitiles are blown then get Laser Damp+
3) Get Volitile Laser Diff, Laser Damp+, compressed laser damp+ until volitiles are blown then get Laser Damp+ and compressed laser damp+

The only reason I personally think Damp+s and compressed laser damp+s should stack with each other and with the best diffuser is the size, but that is my personal opinion.

I would have to assume that all dampners and diffusers are considered equally in regards to this... The problem is the immunity that causes them to stop shooting, not the actual damage reducing items use...

Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:37 am
Main: Bluejayek
Level: 3919

I think that all diffuser stacking shouldn;t be allowed, that is all diffuser stacking with ones that give only one stat.

Example- Paxian legacy gives 10% to all, that can be stacked with any other thing

Volatile lazer diffuser gives 67% to lazer, and lazer dampener gives 509% to lazer, those two may not be stacked.

Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:56 am
Team: Traders
Main: Thyme
Level: 2811

Its not because the base/s can blow the diffusers.

Sun Dec 31, 2006 8:31 pm
Profile WWW
Main: Nurokourri
Level: 5049

Volatile lazer diffuser gives 67% to lazer, and lazer dampener gives 509% to lazer, those two may not be stacked.

Think you meant 50% for laser dampener.

I personally think that stacking multiple diffusers giving boosts in one category should occur only under two instances:

1) Diffusers built into a ship do not limit stacking
2) Diffusers with multiple bonuses may stack with diffusers with other bonuses, but NOT other diffusers with multiple bonuses

A diffuser with a single bonus and then weaknesses would be stated as having the type of the bonus. A diffuser with multiple bonuses and then weaknesses would be stated as being a multiple diffuser.

Sun Dec 31, 2006 10:28 pm
Team: The Happy Campers
Main: Enji
Level: 1638

I think the built in resists (either ship, like on a porpoise, or built in blocker like enforcer) should always apply. Then, only the best diffuser equiped should be taken into account.

For instance, on enforcer with a volatile and a "normal" diffuser, volatile AND the built in blocker should act.

Mon Jan 01, 2007 2:36 am
Main: _7_
Level: 5179

Diffusers won't always blow....You could have Laser Damp+, Compressed Laser Damp+, and UrQa Uka Uzu Qi which is (I think) 55%+25%+25% with zero failure rate......That's the sort of thing I was wondering about, stacking them up to a point where AI do virtually zero damage anyway =/ I think the idea Slicer has suggested would work quite well, and should prevent most if not all diffuser/dampener/ dissipator abuse, imo.

Mon Jan 01, 2007 3:28 am