Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Main: Cyphe12
Level: 1566

But pulses aren't very accurate, and they can be avoided in several ways. Plus nowdays most people just use battle thatches anyhow.

Doesn't matter how inaccurate they are if they 1 shot you... and who have you seen other than FB that uses a battlethatch against bases?

Using a BT against a base would be like someone using a nuke during the cold war... First person in a team that uses it, and everyone's gonna be using it.

Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:33 am
Main: Goz
Level: 1564

pulses are big "burps' of energy fired coarsly at people, not as high tech and complicated as controlled bursts (mags and lasers) so, less technicallity for more power!

I can just see some whiny noob in a porp complaining how he got 1 shotted from a achillies pulse gun :lol:

Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:22 am
Profile WWW
Team: Eminence Front
Main: _7_
Level: 5179

You are such an idiot Goz. He would be more likely to get one shotted by an ANDAMAN pulse gun, because they are surgical damage, as opposed to achilles which is mining. And not everyone is using BT's to kill bases Cyphe, because most of the so callsed "war's" currently happeneing are just with people like minch, who have no bases to kill, and no BT to use...

Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:50 am
Main: Lethal Dosage
Level: 2825

You are such an idiot Goz. He would be more likely to get one shotted by an ANDAMAN pulse gun, because they are surgical damage, as opposed to achilles which is mining. And not everyone is using BT's to kill bases Cyphe, because most of the so callsed "war's" currently happeneing are just with people like minch, who have no bases to kill, and no BT to use...

The war between ID and Mercs/Traders, I could have brought my BT, we also have 2 others non w20 BTs.. and, I'm fairly sure Mercs have a few. There was really no point though, because the moment you use a BT against a base, you will be labeled as "cheap" and your chances of building successfully in the future drop significantly as people will not hesitate to use BTs on you.

Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:06 am

Happy_Tree_Friend wrote:

The war between ID and Mercs/Traders, I could have brought my BT, we also have 2 others non w20 BTs.. and, I'm fairly sure Mercs have a few. There was really no point though, because the moment you use a BT against a base, you will be labeled as "cheap" and your chances of building successfully in the future drop significantly as people will not hesitate to use BTs on you.

If you had used a BT, we would just have made it a personal vendetta... Not to mention that I believe we've got 3 weps 20 BTs now, several shrimps, and more weps 20 BTs on the way... Traders has I think 2 or 3 as well... all built better than 90% of those thatches out there ;) BTs against bases is just a disaster waiting to happen for all persons involved...

Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:55 am
Main: Xenophanes
Level: 7991

how about we keep this forum to bases, and anything directed towards war go into misc

Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:10 am

how about we keep this forum to bases, and anything directed towards war go into misc

It is relevant to bases though...

Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:12 am
Main: Bluejayek
Level: 3919

The problem with magcannons is that the base will shoot them.. And then a planet moves. It basically means it hits planets 90% of time.. So using the lazer at a bit closer range would be better. This change better not make magcannons do more dmg then lazers, or make base use lazers less. They should be purely for when lazer is outa range.

Otherwise, UBER!!!

I especially like the base diffusers. Again adding an element for people defending there own base. Not gona have sumtin that b;lows every 2 shots equiped permanently..

Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:13 am

Magcannons should have a minimum range, equal to like 1/3 of the maximum range...

Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:27 pm

Magcannons should have a minimum range, equal to like 1/3 of the maximum range...

ummm, as long as they arent etheral, how is that possible?

Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:59 pm
Profile WWW

IAmMe2 wrote:

Ummm... they would still be solid... and if the mag had 3k range, it wouldn't be able to shoot at things closer than 1k range...

Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:38 am
Team: Star Wars
Main: Peter_The_Puller
Level: 804

BAM5992 wrote:
IAmMe2 wrote:

Ummm... they would still be solid... and if the mag had 3k range, it wouldn't be able to shoot at things closer than 1k range...

Make it so that it stops at the laser range, because the laser (probably) does more DPS then the mag

Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:28 am
Profile WWW
Main: _7_
Level: 5179

Personally I would like base weapon selection to not only factor in range, highest DPS weapon etc, but also which weapon will do the most damage to the target (as far as resists go). As it is it is too easy to just stack up on laser diffusers or something and the base will never switch to a weapon which might have a chance of denting a person, which is silly any annoying.

Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:09 am

BAM5992 wrote:
IAmMe2 wrote:

ahh, I got it now, thats a pretty good idea

Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:58 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1969

As it is currently, the base weapon selection chooses the weapon based on how much damage the weapon will do to the target, how likely it is to hit the target, whether it will kill the target, and if the base is at less than half energy, the damage/energy ratio of the weapon.

Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:39 am
Profile WWW
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next