Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1969

Post Beefing bases
With the level restriction on bases, I would like to add a base enhancement or two, mainly aimed at the lower level bases. I don't think the higher level bases need to be beefed too much.

So far, I was thinking along the lines of increasing the bases max shields by 3x or so, leaving regen alone. This will hopefully stop people from killing bases so quickly and give the bases a chance to heal each other and fire back and inflict collateral damage.

Also, I want to increase the damage and range on base mag cannons by a good amount. Someone sitting there mfing slates won't really be able to dodge mag cannons, but someone just trying to get through a galaxy that's hostile will have a good chance to dodge them.

Another thing I have wanted to do is make base only field generators that give big boosts to allied ships in the system. This will give players and slaves a nice advantage on defense. With an increase th shield maxes on bases, players will have more time to get to their galaxies to defend them in person, which is much more interesting than just pvb I'm sure.

Any thoughts or other suggestions?

Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:13 am
Profile WWW
Team: Traders
Main: ERMAN
Level: 8516

Thats really good. an increase on range of lasers might be needed as well since many of the galaxies have planets that are very far apart. I know that I have bases that are 10k or more apart this uni.

the base only field gens should have crazy range (20K) so that the whole gal is included.

Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:35 am
Profile WWW
Main: Lethal Dosage
Level: 2825

4d Pulse Guns

Tractor Degenerator (Field that stops Tractors from being used on nearby bases/drones. Base Only.

Good job otherwise :D

Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:38 am
Team: Star Wars
Main: Peter_The_Puller
Level: 804

I say lasers are fine, its not like a laser should go far, its like a bullet in real life, it go only go a bit until it stops, but mag one the other hand (kinda like missles) can go a very long range.

I really hope that those base generators are cheap though, kinda like the mags and pulses are (they aren't EXTREMELY cheap, just that they are available)

Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:40 am
Profile WWW
Team: Infinate Dreams
Main: Desert Rat
Level: 652

Range doubled, regen doubled, my f2p can do more than 1k DPS, nvm my level 100.

The amount of sheild bank is in-consequential its regen that counts, no matter how much Sheild bank you have wont mean squat when people can attack while you sleep.

Remember before you decide the balance of Base vs Player

1) Players dont loose anything when they die, maybe a bit fo glue..
2) Bases are expensive and dont get carried to the next uni as is.
3) 1 Base should out DPS and Out Regen a person of similar level by a considerable factor.

Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:42 am
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: Tank
Level: 3703

Bases are becoming a bit too powerful its not like there that hard to build and its not like pvp wasn't dead enough already

Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:42 am
Profile YIM
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Xenophanes
Level: 7991

4d Pulse Guns

Tractor Degenerator (Field that stops Tractors from being used on nearby bases/drones. Base Only.

Good job otherwise :D

Lasers are 4d and can do a lot of range/damage. (not just laser damage). 4d pulse guns would not be good. However, tracking on pulse guns would, at least give them a chance of hitting a target. With ambro heat damage, it's pretty hard to hit someone in an izer.... (although i know that's what achilles lasers are for :D )

The tractor degenerator is not very good. Just either take out traction augs to give unattached bases/drones a chance, or make them not effect the range as much, so the most range u can have is like 1.5-2k (giving ranged/damage bases a fighting chance)

Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:57 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Xenophanes
Level: 7991

I think that the biggest changes to bases should be beefs to higher lvl bases... if anything my lvl 800 base builder is much more voulnerable then my lvl 200 one. I think any beef should be aimed MORE towards higher lvl bases.

It's a lot easier to get 4-5 MFs and healers to kill some lvl 800 bases (especially with pvp) then it is to get enough people together to kill 200 lvl bases. Ok... 200 is ambro now, but still ambro can/is much more of a pain to kill in many cases.

I do think that ur definantly on the right track with wanting to upgrade shields of bases. I just think the higher lvl bases are more voulnerable to getting blown up then lower ones, which is mainly why u nerfed lvls in the first place.
Maybe use a kind of graduated system of determining the shield multiplier. Like on income tax, give brackets and each bracket of lvls gets a certain shield mod.

Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:03 am
Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Dr Junkie
Level: 2230

The problem with mag-cannons is the crappy tracking+Chance to hit a planet. If I could choose, my base should preferentially use the laser, and ONLY use the mag-cannon when
1) The attacker is within 200 distance, and its a sure hit.
2) When the attacker is out of range of the laser.

In between I would prefer the consistent DPS of the always hitting laser.

Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:18 am
Main: your mother and i
Level: 3336

is there someway to program the bases to shoot mags close range (including pulses at shorter ranges over the mags if both are equiped) and mags shooting high ranges

Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:27 am
Main: Bone 'Ed
Level: 1054

Bases need a regen boost too, a player can do alot more dps than a base can regen, so making the bank bigger just prolongs the encounter, stronger weapons sure. Bigger shield bank OK, but the regen is important too.
Its easy to gather enough dps to totally rip an andaman base, even if it does have a charger and recovery augs.
The higher bases need beefing too ya know. With maybe 4 healers, 2 MF's you can take out an achillies base. So all in all, glad to hear about the beefs jeff, but you need to realise higher level characters usually means more dps, means easier to kill the higher end bases.

Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:55 am
Team: Salt and Pepper
Main: Vanilla
Level: 4460

this is just my 2 cents but i always thought it would be cool if bases could use tractors or how about bases that can deploy fighter craft for defence similar to how the new capital ships will work

Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:21 am
Team: Tutela ut Nemesis
Main: Evan W
Level: 1053

All I ask about bases is if they are gonna be powerful and so useful in the game they also need to be risky. I hate seeing all these rich colonial admins running around driving prices up without any risk to their wealth. Just think how many resets Caly or Bizman have gotten to use the same sets of gear because of no risk. Its just not as good as it was when Face, Tobal, and Terrak had there little rampages.

Evan

Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:27 am
Main: Thyme
Level: 2811

this is just my 2 cents but i always thought it would be cool if bases could use tractors or how about bases that can deploy fighter craft for defence similar to how the new capital ships will work

Bases should be able to build disposable, and relatively cheap based on tech, Mobile *Drones*.

So a base could deploy 10 lightning drones, or 10 mobile fatty drones.

Just to give the attackers hell, and it could be a small drone with a relatively large energy bank requirement. Or a Base Only requirement.

Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:30 am
Profile WWW
Main: your mother and i
Level: 3336

u really think those drones would make a difference

Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:08 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next