Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Bluejayek
Level: 3919

Does the liklihood of hitting the target take into account obstacles such as planets?

Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:49 am
Main: Lethal Dosage
Level: 2825

Change Annih Beam to Surgical Damage, keep the Damage/Grem and Range the same. That's 100% needed.

We also need Random Damage type base weapons :D

Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:55 am
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1969

Yes, it won't fire a gun at all if it doesn't think it will hit, but of course that is not always easy to determine.

Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:18 am
Profile WWW
Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Dr Junkie
Level: 2230

The thing with battlethatches as I see it, is that they are only usefull in some systems. You can't use battlethatches in all systems. Some bases are too far away from a workable sun.

BT's do from 15k-30k DPS energy damage depending on skills/Aug tweak and so on.

Using an energy dampener+ your at 7-14k energy damage, which more then likely will not be consistent as the base is rotating behind the planet/moon from time to time.

Im not saying that battlethatches are never usefull, of course they can be used to kill some bases. However its not the "OMG, wtfpooned weapon" that some people call it out to be.

Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:20 am
Main: Xenophanes
Level: 7991

Change Annih Beam to Surgical Damage, keep the Damage/Grem and Range the same. That's 100% needed.

We also need Random Damage type base weapons :D

No, that would be stupid. The whole point of the anni laser is that ur sacraficing DPS for the Grem. It's like a super ambro laser that does more damage. Changing the damage type would make it way over balanced

Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:07 am

Anni Beam has less range than Achilles, needs a TRL (Grem Surgical Damage Weapon) to build, and is all around much more difficult to build. The DPS should go up since you need to use more Base slots to have one of these weapons.

Can you give me one reason why Annihilator Gear should actually do LESS DPS and have LESS range than Achilles gear?

Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:55 am
Team: The Happy Campers
Main: Enji
Level: 1638

Hmmm, because annihilator sounds like a ridicuous name ? :roll:

Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:58 am

The reason is obvious. Achilles is a greek hero. Therefore very very powerful, just has a weakness, its achilles heal being that it hass less sheilds. However, its lazer is in every way better.

Now thats a bunch of bullshit but anyways... I dont think it should be surgical. Perhaps justr more dps, more range

Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:03 am

The reason is obvious. Achilles is a greek hero. Therefore very very powerful, just has a weakness, its achilles heal being that it hass less sheilds. However, its lazer is in every way better.

Now thats a bunch of bullshit but anyways... I dont think it should be surgical. Perhaps justr more dps, more range

Having it as Laser means compared to Surgical, its actualy BvP DPS will turn out to be something near 80% reduced, since anybody going up against Annih bases will be guarenteed to use Volitile Diffusers.

Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:06 am

Then maybe a adiff dmg type. I dont think there shud be 2 lazers with surg dmg.. Maybe.. Mining?

Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:08 am

Most player ships have high Mining resistances.. it has to be something that is universally powerful, which is Surgical, perhaps Heat.

Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:16 am

Anni Beam has less range than Achilles, needs a TRL (Grem Surgical Damage Weapon) to build, and is all around much more difficult to build. The DPS should go up since you need to use more Base slots to have one of these weapons.

Can you give me one reason why Annihilator Gear should actually do LESS DPS and have LESS range than Achilles gear?

maybe you can't read:
Ambrosia Laser- damage 460, range 462, recoil 1.45 sec, damage type: laser, elec 1380

Achilles laser- damage 1000, range 693, recoil 2 seconds, damage type: surgical, elec 3k

Anni Beam- damage 1100, range 500, recoil 2 seconds, damage type: laser, elec 6k (but it grems).

Now let's see here. From what I see, the Anni Beam has more raw DPS then achilles. Sure, people have greater resists to laser then achilles, but each laser has it's own purpose.
As you can see, ambro lasers pretty much only serve the purpose of gremming an enemy. They really dont do a whole lot of damage. However, their low tech gives them a nice bonus.

Achilles lasers are meant to be the damage of choice. It's hard to protect against, but it does not have the highest raw damage per shot.

The anni beam does significant more damage then an ambro laser. Yet it still keeps the grem effect. So in reality, the anni beam is meant to be a damage dealing grem weapon. however, because it is laser damage, it is supposed to be favored for the grem and the damage as a bonus.

It is NOT meant to be the sole source of DPS for a gal. That is where achilles gear, and even sup lasers come in.

What you are proposing would completly unbalance the purpose of the lasers. They all have their own role in a gal. And each laser on it's own is not meant to be the only choice for a good gal. Each laser has it's good points, and each one has it's weaknesses. And it is supposed to be that way.

Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:27 am

So Achilles Laser, an item that costs about 300m total to build, should be more powerful DPS-wise, and have longer range than Annihilator Gear, which costs about 3-4x more to build and takes up more base slots?

A 50 base DPS increase is pathetic for losing up to 80% effectiveness in damage due to diffusers (if not more), even if Annihilator does have Grem. If I want Grem, I'll use an Anni Cannon or Ambro Lasers, but I want Annihilator Beams, which should be a step UP in all ways, just as every piece of base gear except Anni currently does.

Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:40 am

i'm not sayin it doesn't need a little DPS upgrade, but it DOES NOT need a damage type change. period

Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:42 am

Give it 5000 damage and I'll be happy. Otherwise give it something as difficult to diffuse as Surgical, maybe heat.

Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:47 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next