Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: Tank
Level: 3703

Tank, I share your concern, but when you look at it, all the core fighting classes are all staying the same -- MF, Sniper, SD, RadEX, Shield Monkey. DM is probably going to be a bit beefed since the Juice Junky skill will help him more than the old SM skills. What this is really affecting is secondary base building alts. Plus it is adding a trade skill to all of people's main characters who are MF, Sniper, etc.

Well i might just have to come back to check that out :lol:

Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:07 am
Profile YIM
Team: Traders
Main: your mother and i
Level: 3336

will certain extensors (Extension Zs, ReTardis Extensions, etc) still be Station Mastery only or will they be allowable for everyone?

plz..... make them 4 everyone.. i remember not being station mastery and havin to wait till someone got online to equip them

Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:13 pm
Team: The Forgotten Colonies
Main: Llessur
Level: 3775

These changes will have far reaching effects:

I have spent a lot of time and effort getting the skills I have for my characters and I think it would be a fundemental breach of faith if Jeff was to unilaterally change the skills on my characters.

What I ask is that we be allowed to choose whether we want to change to the new skills, on an individual basis.

Yes it will take a bit more thought and programming but I think the good will it will generate would be worth it.

Frankly I am simply not prepared to spend more time and effort redeveloping my characters enough is enough.

Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:13 am
Profile YIM
Main: Convivial
Level: 1145

These changes will have far reaching effects:

I have spent a lot of time and effort getting the skills I have for my characters and I think it would be a fundemental breach of faith if Jeff was to unilaterally change the skills on my characters.

What I ask is that we be allowed to choose whether we want to change to the new skills, on an individual basis.

Yes it will take a bit more thought and programming but I think the good will it will generate would be worth it.

Frankly I am simply not prepared to spend more time and effort redeveloping my characters enough is enough.

Then ya shouldn't play MMOs period. These changes are not nearly as far reaching as some of the changes I and other CoH players had to deal with. That is the nature of the MMOs they grow expand and change. Sometimes drastically. Don't like it leave.

Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:34 am
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1969

Most classes will be basically unchanged. The difference is that alts that do nothing but build bases will now have to choose one specialty and fighting chars get a trade skill in addition to their fighting classes. This seems more to me like opportunity to players than an imposition.

Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:45 am
Profile WWW
Team: Olympus
Main: Unix
Level: 926

so do you know when we could expect to see this implemented?

Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:04 am
Team: Admins
Main: The Voomy One
Level: 1337

JeffL wrote:
Most classes will be basically unchanged. The difference is that alts that do nothing but build bases will now have to choose one specialty and fighting chars get a trade skill in addition to their fighting classes. This seems more to me like opportunity to players than an imposition.

i dont understand how its an opportunity because you can only use one char at a time neway.

Will make it a lot easier to level your alt, even if he's station master, CA or EE.

Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:17 pm
Team: The Forgotten Colonies
Main: Llessur
Level: 3775

I is an imposition, most of my logistics alts are that way because I find I need the income to support the alt I play with. Logistics characters (CA and ExE) need to be able to build a decent base (StM) to carry out their primary function.

Now if I lose those hard earned logistics skills and get them replaced by a set of skills I dont want or need , yes I will be most annoyed.

I dont think my position is much different to many others

As for Convivials comments well in the last analysis he is right dispite his obvious lack of experience in playing MMOGs. There are other games but I like SS and I enjoy the relationships I have built so I will be very reluctant to go elsewhere, however I do now see it as an option.

Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:43 pm
Profile YIM
Main: Goz
Level: 1564

Instead of having a fighting ONLY character and a base ONLY character you can now give each of thoes characters ONE opposite skill from the tree

Now, base ONLY builders get a small fighting skill and fighting ONLY characters get ONE base skill, this gives more diversity between characters on accounts.

happy days guys, happy days

Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:26 pm
Profile WWW
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Bluejayek
Level: 3919

dinrast if those guys really wanted $$ they could just make a base char now. Now they dont have to. Also with the account base cap this will change almost nothing in terms of base/person

Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:26 am
Main: Bone 'Ed
Level: 1054

Say you have a sniper, how many of the trade skills can he can in additon to his fighting skill?

Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:34 am
Team: Olympus
Main: Unix
Level: 926

Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:18 am
Team: Solstice
Main: Trevor
Level: 5369

i heard the new skillz idea got cancled anyone else heared that???

Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:25 am
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next