Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Team: Traders
Main: your mother and i
Level: 3336

Goz use mzungu thunder and ull be happy killing forgones :D

Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:27 pm
Main: ERMAN
Level: 8518

so i understand that Its strange that I still dont quite get it, but can someone explain to me how my CAs will be affected?

I think i read somewhere that they were thinking about giving the 2% bonus to station management. is that true at all? I really couldnt care less how this change affects combat characters, I just need to know what to expect with my CAs and my EE.

Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:50 pm
Profile WWW
Main: Goz
Level: 1564

Qu4NtuM wrote:
Unforged wrote:

Let us fire our weapons Ethereally.

Meaning if i shoot a BBG at an AI thats on a warp, it goes thru.

It could be 100% of the time or 50% of the time.

WTF? what would that help? IF you can't dent whatever you are shooting doesn't matter where you shoot it from, want etherial use a TRL...
Lowering the surgical resists like gunner/whatever or doing more damage on critical strike (x3 maybe) would possibly balance it out...
Or both

I say increase critical hits.

ATM we do less damage on the BEST crit hit we get then a sniper does every shot.

seer is not supossed to out-dps sniper solo, or with good slaves for that matter

a seer with good slaves is suposed to be more of a dynamic fighter, doign well ina ll ranges of pvp and most pvai, not just super good in pvai

seer is still a great class cuz of the special weps it can use (slaves with trl's)

Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:35 pm
Profile WWW
Main: Thyme
Level: 2811

Unforged wrote:
Qu4NtuM wrote:
Unforged wrote:

Let us fire our weapons Ethereally.

Meaning if i shoot a BBG at an AI thats on a warp, it goes thru.

It could be 100% of the time or 50% of the time.

WTF? what would that help? IF you can't dent whatever you are shooting doesn't matter where you shoot it from, want etherial use a TRL...
Lowering the surgical resists like gunner/whatever or doing more damage on critical strike (x3 maybe) would possibly balance it out...
Or both

I say increase critical hits.

ATM we do less damage on the BEST crit hit we get then a sniper does every shot.

seer is not supossed to out-dps sniper solo, or with good slaves for that matter

a seer with good slaves is suposed to be more of a dynamic fighter, doign well ina ll ranges of pvp and most pvai, not just super good in pvai

seer is still a great class cuz of the special weps it can use (slaves with trl's)

Stay out of this.

I havent said one single thing or criticised what you have to say about SD. Dont go sticking your head in this Goz, leave it to the SEERS of the game.

At the moment Seers do less damage for the critical hits they do then Snipers. What i mean is that if a Sniper were to shoot a weapon that does 100 damage, and get like 250-300 damage every shot. A Seer would shoot it and get only 200 damage.

Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:47 pm
Profile WWW
Team: Imperium
Main: Qu4NtuM
Level: 7799

The critial hit doesn't happen every time, just a higher critical strike dmg would kinda make seer suck less.
And yea seer shouldn't outdamage a sniper, but sniper outdamaging every other class 5 times over is wrong too, no?

I have reasons for why I do things.

Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:20 pm
Main: Ligthning
Level: 1318

Seer will become more fun if it get some fun critical hit effects.
Like:
- critical radar hit (disable enemys radar for X*Y seconds)
- critical shield hit (disable enemys shield regen for X*Y seconds)
- critical hull hit (decrease enemys protection to all by X% [20% at seer 20] for X*Y secounds)
- critical engine hit (disable emenys ect.)
- critical weapon hit (disable selected weapon for ect.)
- critical energy hit (you know the drill)

X is a factor based on level of seer, Y based on the damage done (better ship setup, better criticals)

I'd bring a seer to any uberrun or DG hunt if he could do some crits that help the squad more. Now I'd rather bring a monkey, MF or sniper. I would let a SD to join my squad before I asked a seer.

And for radX: More common and good rad weapons is all they need for now. Zigzag at tech11(?), the rest is damn costy, rare and all high-tech, or just crap. It just ain't good enug when the game have a class that is all about radiation.

Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:36 pm
Main: your mother and i
Level: 3336

i ike ur critical hit ideas except radar because shooting would make ur vis super high anyways and the engine.. would be more like a freaking reaver with Faranji gatling

Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:26 am
Main: Goz
Level: 1564

Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:36 am
Profile WWW
Team: Imperium
Main: Qu4NtuM
Level: 7799

That would be fun indeed, but the odds that all that gets implemented... well the odds of goz growing a brain and stop spamming and significantly higher.

I have reasons for why I do things.

Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:39 am
Main: Thyme
Level: 2811

Yeah, quant i forgot to add that it wont happen all the time.

But seriously, a Seer should get a chance to do a MASSIVE critical hit.

If not 10x the damage then 5x.

Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:08 am
Profile WWW
Team: Eminence Front
Main: _7_
Level: 5179

Goz, LEARN TO FUCKING READ. You are the most idiotic person EVER, go buy a fucking dictionary and look up the meaning of some words. I said EG that is EXAMPLE, Whatever followed didn't mean anything other than they were EXAMPLES of combat classes. As far as what will happen to CA's/EE's. Basically, CA/EE/MFM/Station Mastery, will have no pre-requisites and every char will be able to train one of these skills. The new skills will be taking their old place (as far as pre-requisites go). Which is broken as far as i see it, although Jeff didn't *fully* explain what tweaking would be done to balance it out.

Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:22 am
Main: Bluejayek
Level: 3919

How is that broken _7_...? Gunner will be a decent skill, but no sheilds and lower dmg then mf.... Commander will need a bit of tweaking but not as broken as it may seem.. Engineer wont be insanely good either... Not broken.

Please explain why it is "broken"

Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:27 am
Main: _7_
Level: 5179

Every combat class can get either EE/CA/MFM/StM. Think of an MF with EE....20% Damage bonus on excoms....Or any class with MFM, broken. Obviously tweaking is needed. I wasn't referring to the new classes, rather the old ones.

Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:36 am
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1969

Post Re: New Class System
MarloweFaustus wrote:
I am kinda wondering how the fighters for the fighter bays are likely to work. Will they be like current slaves or more like drones in that they come as a package that is unalterable?

Will they react to hate like slaves now or will we be able to slect their target?

One way I had though of was that they basically stay in the bays all the time and you select a target and send them at it, they fly out and attack it and return to the bay if they have no target. If you need you can select a new target for them while they are attacking something else though and then they switch to that new target.

The fighters are going to be like drones. You can buy them at bases or build better ones yourself. To send them out, you "use" your fighter bay which turns them into slaves that are flying around and fighting, with the exception that they do not have the ability to dock and after a certain amount of time, they return back to the ship that launched them. The number you send out will be limited by your RC, I think, and fighters won't cost that much but will not have any GG on them. Possibly any fighter might decide to return back to your ship if he has taken a lot of damage to reduce the chance that he will die.

Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:43 am
Profile WWW
Main: Convivial
Level: 1145

Ok that right there sold me on the fleet comander, if it works that way once it is implimented. Thank you very much for the info Jeff. I am now drooling in anticipation.

Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:47 am
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next