Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Team: Admins
Main: The Voomy One
Level: 1337

If that's so then Im guessing someone would have posted here about it.

Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:46 am
Main: Bone 'Ed
Level: 1054

with CA and EE unable to have station mastery these bases will be WAY too weak, even if bases are buffed...anyone else notice that?

Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:05 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: _7_
Level: 5179

I have noticed and mentioned that, Jeff doesen't seem to realise or think that bases need a beef even with the full mastery bonuses, let alone with those HALVED.

Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:31 pm
Team: Olympus
Main: Unix
Level: 926

then mabey you should look at i think its the first page, he says quite clearly that he wants to beef bases

Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:34 pm
Team: Fear is the mind Killer
Main: Consafe
Level: 2448

And if you read the whole of this post you see people have already worked out the stats and apart from shield bank all other base stats will be decreased even with the beef suggested.

Everyone is starting to make comments without reading all 13 pages of this post, please read the whole thing most of the qu's & comments on the past 2 pages have already been raised and most answered

I think the game is to far developed for this change its to major and there are to many problems involved and alot of player base ive talked to dosent want this (i know that dosent always mean alot)

Heres another one ive thought of

My DM uses 3 Station Master Porp+, my EE uses Station Mastery Augs as does My CA

What happens when skill resets i have to make them all Station Masters to be able to fly there ships? The ships are all unaugged and i have to find new ways to aug them? Or the Station Master Aug becomes a more general aug that StM's, Ca's, EE's etc can all use which means everyone can use em?

please rethink this one guys - maybe you can expand the web to include the new skill while still keeping the base skill in it if introducing new skills is what this is all about?

Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:03 pm
Profile ICQ
Site Admin / Dev Team
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1969

I will probably write a function that will unequip all SM, EE, CA, and MFM only augs when the new classes go in.

And yes, I do want to make sure that bases will be strong enough under the new system. I have already added a new type of item called Capacitors for Shield and Energy in Ares through Annhilator, have increased the bases attack range to 10k from 4k, doubled the range and incresed the power of base shield transferences, added andaman shield transference, tripled the range and quadrupled the damage on base mags, reduced the range and quintupled the damage on base pulses, and reduced the credit costs of all regular base gear by half. These things are a first step and are going in with the new uni tomorrow.

Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:28 pm
Profile WWW
Main: voyager vs borg
Level: 1035

Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:50 pm
Team: Star Wars
Main: Peter_The_Puller
Level: 804

But Jeff, will commods be dieing on the reset tomorrow? I'll be pissed because I forgot that Cael or you said that you would eventually make commods decay but you never said what universe.

Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:08 pm
Profile WWW
Main: FullOfChaos
Level: 4253

I want a aug reset on my porp cuz i accidentally equipped a StM aug when I was SD lol..

Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:42 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1969

No, nothing is decaying on the uni reset.

Capacitors are a new item type that increase either your shield or energy bank. Base Capacitors multiply the respective banks by the tech level of the capacitor. I also added some ship capacitors that will drop as DG loot and that get random mods, but those do much less, on the order of 10-20%.

Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:59 pm
Profile WWW
Main: voyager vs borg
Level: 1035

and where might one aquire these nifty peices of equipment?

Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:02 pm
Team: Star Wars
Main: Peter_The_Puller
Level: 804

Yeah I wanna build some before the reset :P

Wait its getting added at the reset ><

Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:36 pm
Profile WWW
Team: Olympus
Main: Unix
Level: 926

I will probably write a function that will unequip all SM, EE, CA, and MFM only augs when the new classes go in.

And yes, I do want to make sure that bases will be strong enough under the new system. I have already added a new type of item called Capacitors for Shield and Energy in Ares through Annhilator, have increased the bases attack range to 10k from 4k, doubled the range and incresed the power of base shield transferences, added andaman shield transference, tripled the range and quadrupled the damage on base mags, reduced the range and quintupled the damage on base pulses, and reduced the credit costs of all regular base gear by half. These things are a first step and are going in with the new uni tomorrow.

if the only augs that will get reset are SM, EE, CA, and MFM will there be augs the those classes resective new class counterparts? and what about the ppl who have ships that rely on one of those 4 augs and another aug, but with this other aug as a secondary aug?

Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:10 pm
Main: Lethal Dosage
Level: 2825

Did you make Annihilator Beam, you know.. good?

Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:06 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Bluejayek
Level: 3919

quintupled pulses dmg... WOW... Thats uber. Might deter mfs slightly with dps auged bases :)

Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:08 pm
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next