Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

What should the lvl requirement be to own an Adonis base?
20 46%  46%  [ 54 ]
21 45%  45%  [ 53 ]
Something higher 9%  9%  [ 10 ]
Total votes : 117

Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1969

Post What should the lvl requirement be to own an Adonis base?
I have heard some people don't think f2p's should get Adonis bases. Maybe if they have to pay to get Adonis or better, it will be a good incentive to either pay or move on, rather than hang about as a f2p?

Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:10 am
Profile WWW
Main: Lethal Dosage
Level: 2825

20 is fine in my opinion, other base gear can hardly stand up to warp 1 AIs, and Adonis can generally be killed quite easily by other f2ps.

Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:15 am
Main: Lt.Nelson+
Level: 5

F2P is only supposed to be a trial of the game. You don't need adonis bases to decide if you like that aspect or not. I'd say let the F2Ps build up to level 6, but maybe give a few buildable base items (energy, shield, weapon) so that they can get a chance to build something.

Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:18 am
Profile YIM
Main: Cyphe12
Level: 1566

As long as adonis bases continue to suck balls... 20 is fine... If they get beefed more than a minute amount... make it 21... for now, I voted 20. They are easy to kill and should stay as such...

Alternatively... make 'ares' gear larger and stronger, intended for bases... Tech 6... let them build the tech 6 bases, as long as they can survive against AI... in that case, make adonis stronger and lvl 21 req...

Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:22 am
Main: Goz
Level: 1564

20, because if adonis sucks still, the it shouldent be a problem considering adonis is the real "first step" which is what f2p is supossed to be IMO

Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:31 am
Profile WWW
Team: Star Wars
Main: Peter_The_Puller
Level: 804

I said 21 because of the base beefs, it will be too strong for a f2p to kill after this and so it shouldn't be build able for f2ps

Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:00 am
Profile WWW
Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Dr Junkie
Level: 2230

I voted 20, under the assumption that adonis bases doesn't receive a beef.

Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:14 am
Team: Eminence Back
Main: Domeshot
Level: 4475

21 because an adonis is a big sample of what you can get p2p

Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:23 am
Team: Traders
Main: Thyme
Level: 2811

21 Because F2P should NOT have bases that can last a universe if they do not get attacked by other F2P basekillers.

Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:34 am
Profile WWW
Main: SugaCandy
Level: 636

20. adonis bases are the first taste of what real base building is like, to interest potential customers. If all ppl get to see of bases are tech 3 and 6, i woudlnt blame them for leaving.

Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:45 am
Team: Aidelon
Main: Shukhov Yimlevsky
Level: 4751

21: anyone making a legitimate first run through the game won't even know adonis is possible to get at. there's too much specialization and knowledge of the game beforehand to get the ships set, the mechanics of bases and most importantly the SP allocated correctly, which means adonis bases are made almost exclusively by people who have been playing for several universes without paying for the game. a tech 3 or 6 base will be fine to get the protoganglae mission finished and (in clumps) to help f2pers clear a galaxy full of vicious flyswatters - however adonis bases present too much profit in-game for players who aren't paying, and if you can get that profit why bother paying for the game?

Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:50 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Nurokourri
Level: 5049

I personally say that it should require level 21.

While a lone adonis base cannot stand to ai, f2ps don't build lone adonis bases: they build multiple adonis bases using f2p alts. This allows the building of a pretty high defence system for their level if they know what they are doing (long-time low f2ps).

Another thing is that level 21 gives more incentive to go p2p, as they would be able to build actually half-decent bases. Adonis is a large step forward from ares, and thus it should be something to try and get f2ps to think "Wow! If I get one more level I can get some sweet bases like that!".

I do have to say that a buildable alternative to ares would be nice. Maybe make the stats something like a gigantic ares except size...

Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:04 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: NukeACow
Level: 7560

i vote something higher because like nelson said, its a trial of the game, f2p shouldnt be building permanent settlements and if a level 186 can only make a tech 12 base they should be able to make tech 9 bases at level 20
because they cant even EQUIP everything at level 20.

Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:04 am
Team: The Vazaha Vigilantes
Main: Yuki Kyuuketsuki
Level: 1362

Well, I'd say 20 if there wouldn't be beefing of bases now.
But due to it comes, 21. Make tech 6 as lvl 20 max / then put up ares stuffs as buildable, not as normal ai station stuff.

Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:12 am
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next