Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

What should the lvl requirement be to own an Adonis base?
20 46%  46%  [ 54 ]
21 45%  45%  [ 53 ]
Something higher 9%  9%  [ 10 ]
Total votes : 117

Team: Traders
Main: your mother and i
Level: 3336

nah argo wouldnt die to a bronze. f2ps could use 4 basic rec and a charge
and ur bullshittin when u say a bronze with 5 dmg could kill an adonis auged, but now that i think about it, many f2ps would rather put a hestia on their base than a recovery aug

Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:48 am
Main: E11inium 4
Level: 2115

Post .
Golfman560 wrote:
I said 21 because of the base beefs, it will be too strong for a f2p to kill after this and so it shouldn't be build able for f2ps

yea right...i heard f2p take ambro

Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:49 pm
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Fleet General
Level: 3378

atlum that poll isnt going to work, you need to make one for p2p and f2p, f2p will just make some alts to beef it up to lvl 20

Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:09 am
Team: Red Faction
Main: Paladinofdoom
Level: 3693

I voted for a lvl 21 cap. Because, as people have already said, F2P is meant to be a trial of StarSonata, and as Adonis gear is a lot stronger than anything lower tech, i don't think that the F2Pers should be able to build and equip it. Make it a P2P only feature, that way the F2Pers will stop asking me to build them adonis gear...

But, meh, it's your choice at the end of the day.

-The Paladin-

This guy gets my full Jiggle!

He is full of awesomesauce, and Jigglyness, buy from him!

Kanga

Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:25 am
Team: Infinate Dreams
Main: Desert Rat
Level: 652

0 :roll: The problem isnt that f2p can have good bases the problem is that f2p can play forever without paying, and cmon its an adonis base were talking about..

Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:07 am
Team: Admins
Main: The Voomy One
Level: 1337

There is no point for a level 20 to build adonis bases unless they arent going to go P2P, everything before that is a trial period, they should be allowed to try base building but nothing more. A normal level 20 doesnt stand a chance against adonis bases either so it makes perfect sense that they shouldnt be allowed to build them.

Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:20 am
Team: Infinate Dreams
Main: Desert Rat
Level: 652

There is no point for a level 20 to build adonis bases unless they arent going to go P2P, everything before that is a trial period, they should be allowed to try base building but nothing more. A normal level 20 doesnt stand a chance against adonis bases either so it makes perfect sense that they shouldnt be allowed to build them.

F2P isn't a trail period as there is no time limit It is restricted play and really of all the things to be discussing in SS, the subject of what people who dont pay to play is one of the ones that makes it to the Dev forums seems a bit of a pointless effort really.

Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:23 am

Well it was meant to be a trial period....somewhere along the road it turned into restricted play though....

Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:27 am
Main: Ligthning
Level: 1318

f2p shouldn't be allowed to build in galaxies over DF10. Let them build their adonis stuff, but won't let them own.

IMO they can build whatever they want as long as they stay out of my way.

Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:40 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Arctic Munkey
Level: 2839

Level 21 i say, Whats the point in letting an f2p build a base he needs 5 charaters for?

Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:05 pm
Main: Demiser of D
Level: 4

you people have no idea just how powerful a lvl 20player can get... i calculated it out, with a hotrod, MF1, ans 2x sthoraxes and tweaks, i could max out the server framerate, and do around 1500 DPS for around 5 secs. i coold take out an adonis base rather quickly, with a healer.

also, ares are VERY weak. i had 5 ares, ontop of a wormhole, with Full Ares, and all augged, and a lvl 20 in a rod came along and took them ALL out when i left for TWO MINUTES! weak, weak.

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Fuck you, Cygnus.

Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:17 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Nurokourri
Level: 5049

A f2p would be weaker by going MF: you have to consider the sp of one level of MF, as well as the sp of the zerker levels required to get that.

Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:06 pm
Team: Star Wars
Main: Peter_The_Puller
Level: 804

Why are we still doing this if Cael/Jeef/Some Admin said they were going to raise it?

Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:42 pm
Profile WWW

you people have no idea just how powerful a lvl 20player can get... i calculated it out, with a hotrod, MF1, ans 2x sthoraxes and tweaks, i could max out the server framerate, and do around 1500 DPS for around 5 secs. i coold take out an adonis base rather quickly, with a healer.

also, ares are VERY weak. i had 5 ares, ontop of a wormhole, with Full Ares, and all augged, and a lvl 20 in a rod came along and took them ALL out when i left for TWO MINUTES! weak, weak.

Well a adonis base auged for best possible shields with one of those new adonis shield boosters could probably tank that damage. Keep in mind that I also said normal level 20, if a level 20 builds a base it's meant to be balanced for other level 20s so if you're gonna use a healer it will have to be a level 20 healer :P

Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:25 am
Site Admin / Dev Team
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1969

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'm inclined to go with the people that say level 21, but we are now talking about changing the way the trial works so I will hold off on making this change until we figure out what we're going to do.

Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:16 am
Profile WWW
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next