Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

What should the lvl requirement be to own an Adonis base?
20 46%  46%  [ 54 ]
21 45%  45%  [ 53 ]
Something higher 9%  9%  [ 10 ]
Total votes : 117

Team: Imperium
Main: crop octagon
Level: 6127

I agree that bases should not be impossibly hard to kill, but i very strongly beleive it should take more than 3 seconds to destroy an entire space station...

Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:42 pm
Main: Demiser of D
Level: 4

but we are now talking about changing the way the trial works.

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

not that! you've resisted till now, keep it up please! :cry: argh, that is soooooo sad! well at least dont take out the unlimited lvl 20 thing. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

BTW, i dont think an ordinary lvl 21, even with a healer, could take out an Adonis Z base with Capacitors, even with a specially made char, and a squad of healers. impossible, i say. however, at the same time, i think that it would probly work, cause if you are going to be building a base, you usually(on a new, unexperienced char) wait until lvl 50-100 or so.

and an ares base is still incredibly weak, even for the SP jump. like i said, i had a condensed formation of tech 6 bases, 2 augged for speed(ROF), 2 augged for range, and 1 augged for ultra-high shield bank and regen, with an OS shield transferance 2(of course this was before the transferance change, but whatever), and surrounded by 12 acid drones(they add around 120 DPS total) and in all the thing could take out 2-3 rossies at a time. they didn't stand a chance. and yet i left for 5 minutes, seriously, and by the time i got back, they were ALL dead, but the acids were left, and i got allmost instantly owned by a guy in a rod firing a bule insanity,or craziness, whichever's more powerful. that first. second, that was a STATIONARY base. i did it simply to see if i could get a base to survive for very long, with little looking at profit. all in all, by the time i got it all figured out, and was lucky enough, to get the whole thing working, it cost me around 50 mil. that is WAY to much for the average low lvl person. i mean, i can make maybe 6 mil in an hour, prom mining, or if im lucky enough to find a prom run, i can make about 25-30 mil before it is exhausted. thus, i say the costs are too high. also, it is a LOT easier to train multiple alts with tech 6 in one or two skills, that ONE char with them all, so that encourages people to make many alts.

Allright, thats my schpeel, and now i have possible solutions. first, Make tech 6 buildable base gear, and remove ares gear.... or maybe not. just leave it, i suppose, it doesn't matter that much. however, make that base gear cost MUCH less, but obviously be base-only. have it take maybe 500 mets and 50 nuke to make it, with a 50000 build cost. this would DRAMATICALLY increace the number of REAL tech 6 bases, and decreace the number of tech 9 ftp bases, and also solve the price issue. if they are even 2x stronger than ARES, it would significantly increace their lifespan, but even more would be better. id suggest around 250 damage a shot, 1 shot a sec, but only 350 range or so. and, it NEEDS to be etheral. finally, ame the attached version of the magic attack not require D management. i mean, how many low lvls will actually get it until later? allright , thats it for now. flame me at will.

EDIT: lol, i ahd to put spaces in my noooooo... thing to make it smaller and less annoying :P bah. :lol:

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Fuck you, Cygnus.

Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:01 pm
Team: Imperium
Main: crop octagon
Level: 6127

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'm inclined to go with the people that say level 21, but we are now talking about changing the way the trial works so I will hold off on making this change until we figure out what we're going to do.

... dont do anything foolish just because of a small group of hate-driven people, they wouldnt be satisfied even with a time limit on f2ps, if the current system is removed or changed too drastically, the player base will be devistated, and star sonata could die. and dont think it will be kept going because of p2ps because alot of them will quit due to the lack of players, I for one will quit if the unlimited time period is removed, and i know several other paying customers that will leave as well.

Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:50 pm
Main: Minch
Level: 2357

2 months is long enough for you pay your way like we do , if you cant go play rune scape :roll:

Make it level 21 much better , more people will have to pay too well i guess if they wanted to build that is , Arcadian aint gonna last 8)

-Minch-

Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:55 pm
Team: Traders
Main: Thyme
Level: 2811

JeffL wrote:
Thanks for the feedback guys. I'm inclined to go with the people that say level 21, but we are now talking about changing the way the trial works so I will hold off on making this change until we figure out what we're going to do.

... dont do anything foolish just because of a small group of hate-driven people, they wouldnt be satisfied even with a time limit on f2ps, if the current system is removed or changed too drastically, the player base will be devistated, and star sonata could die. and dont think it will be kept going because of p2ps because alot of them will quit due to the lack of players, I for one will quit if the unlimited time period is removed, and i know several other paying customers that will leave as well.

Then leave, if F2P get reduced then we P2P will be paying for OURSELVES and not for some leechers.

Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:39 pm
Profile WWW
Main: Goz
Level: 1564

Rocket Slugg wrote:
JeffL wrote:

Then leave, if F2P get reduced then we P2P will be paying for OURSELVES and not for some leechers.

but you must consider, if there are no f2p, then whos gunna replace the high end p2p players when they quit?

Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:45 pm
Profile WWW
Team: Hot Shots
Main: Sylvester
Level: 4093

Unforged wrote:
Rocket Slugg wrote:
JeffL wrote:

but you must consider, if there are no f2p, then whos gunna replace the high end p2p players when they quit?

the same people that already do... f2ps that play for a month or so and then PAY...

Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:59 pm
Main: Demiser of D
Level: 4

actually, if the entire ftp population quit, i believe the entire game would go down the tubes. dont ask me why, thats just waht i think

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Fuck you, Cygnus.

Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:42 pm
Main: Thyme
Level: 2811

And what you think just happens to be Untrue.

This game is stagnant because of alot of F2P that get to level 20, get bored, make alts, fuck over other REAL F2P who wanna pay, then whine cause they cant do what we P2P can do.

Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:44 pm
Profile WWW
Main: Nargos
Level: 1287

There would be absolutely no issue to the game if all the F2P quit. I mean, how can it possibly hurt us? Its not like you actually do anything for the game anyway.

Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:48 pm
Main: Nyarlathotep
Level: 1854

Leave adonis 20, but do something about ambro!!! Some people, such as Arc Angel, have f2p accounts with ambrosia bases!! That is insane, they have no reason to need those, so please stop that.

Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:20 pm
Main: Cyphe12
Level: 1566

Leave adonis 20, but do something about ambro!!! Some people, such as Arc Angel, have f2p accounts with ambrosia bases!! That is insane, they have no reason to need those, so please stop that.

If you had been playing in the past month, or if you had read this whole thread, you'd know this has already been fixed...

Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:21 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Bluejayek
Level: 3919

Thing is adonis z bases... Well they can get huge sheild banks. Even if they have much less fregen then an andaman base, 1mil sheilds at lvl 20 is a hard thing to take out. at 500 dps over the regen thats 33 minutes to take it out.. Which is a lot for lvl 20 dpsers.

Also another thing i ust notied. Looking at stats on SScranberry... Adonis y lazer does more dps then andaman lazer..? i think thje higher lvl lazers might need a beef or the lower lvls a nerf..

Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:31 am
Main: Goz
Level: 1564

There would be absolutely no issue to the game if all the F2P quit. I mean, how can it possibly hurt us? Its not like you actually do anything for the game anyway.

are you kidding!? you must be high or somthing.

lets say all the f20 quit:

1 month later: the lowest level players is lvl 100

3: lowest is 300 and 3 top end players quit

5: lowest is 500 (might aswell get rid of nexus and everything that is like that, like adonis-ambro bases) and more high end people quit cuz its getting stupid. nobody to replace them

8: lowest level is 1000 and everyone has a t20, wesp 20, SM20, ee20, eq20 etc etc. many more players leave because the game is to "hign end" (no one to replace them). all sup combi missions have been used up and all bases are either t18 or 20. also, almost all of them are snipers in BT's so why bother making bases anyway? the only time yous ee someone in w1-w2 is to get prom to power their merc dist (that everyone has now).

if all f2p quit its basically like MMO suicide, make sure nobody can join and hope everyone else stays. f2p are like children, without them we have no future (like the movie "Children of Men" where all women become infertile)

Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:37 pm
Profile WWW
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Bluejayek
Level: 3919

Alexander the Great wrote:

are you kidding!? you must be high or somthing.

lets say all the f20 quit:

1 month later: the lowest level players is lvl 100

3: lowest is 300 and 3 top end players quit

5: lowest is 500 (might aswell get rid of nexus and everything that is like that, like adonis-ambro bases) and more high end people quit cuz its getting stupid. nobody to replace them

8: lowest level is 1000 and everyone has a t20, wesp 20, SM20, ee20, eq20 etc etc. many more players leave because the game is to "hign end" (no one to replace them). all sup combi missions have been used up and all bases are either t18 or 20. also, almost all of them are snipers in BT's so why bother making bases anyway? the only time yous ee someone in w1-w2 is to get prom to power their merc dist (that everyone has now).

if all f2p quit its basically like MMO suicide, make sure nobody can join and hope everyone else stays. f2p are like children, without them we have no future (like the movie "Children of Men" where all women become infertile)

Goz... The point is all fwps that arent gona go p2p quit.. Understand the damn post before typing.

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:14 pm
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next