Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

What should the lvl requirement be to own an Adonis base?
20 46%  46%  [ 54 ]
21 45%  45%  [ 53 ]
Something higher 9%  9%  [ 10 ]
Total votes : 117

Team: Imperium
Main: crop octagon
Level: 6127

I voted something higher, mostly because of the X,Y,Z versions of Adonis gear. I have only built the X versions myself and they seems to be about 2-3 times better than the ordinary shield and energy.

Maybe make the X,Y,Z gear tech 10?

/Hunden

its 20%, not 2-3 times.

I could kill an adonis base with a LEVEL 10 ALT using a BRONZE THORAX in UNDER A MINUTE. an ares base, under 10 seconds, and to prove that im going to upload a fraps recording of me doing so.

but work out the DPS of a bronze thorax on a 5 basic damage augged hotrod. using a silver or gold thorax, argonaut would crumble.

Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:19 pm
Team: Traders
Main: your mother and i
Level: 3336

I voted something higher, mostly because of the X,Y,Z versions of Adonis gear. I have only built the X versions myself and they seems to be about 2-3 times better than the ordinary shield and energy.

/Hunden

me like

Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:08 am
Team: Aidelon
Main: Shukhov Yimlevsky
Level: 4751

I could kill an adonis base with a LEVEL 10 ALT using a BRONZE THORAX in UNDER A MINUTE. an ares base, under 10 seconds, and to prove that im going to upload a fraps recording of me doing so.

but work out the DPS of a bronze thorax on a 5 basic damage augged hotrod. using a silver or gold thorax, argonaut would crumble.

In my opinion a F2P base shouldn't be all that secure - after all it is only a trial, a way of getting used to how bases work. Also remember that F2Pers don't build a single base and let it sit there, they build several that will cover each other - if your hotrod can cover all that WITHOUT being healed by someone else, congratulations.

Note too that that alt is highly specialized (you know exactly what to kill to get to level 10, what augs to use with what ship and where to spend your skill points). From a business standpoint, that's not what F2P should be about - you shouldn't be specializing characters, you should be making one character that figures out how the game works then deciding whether or not to go P2P. You shouldn't have to experience building, just hearing about it and seeing it in action was enough for me.

Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:32 am
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: Galan Starspinner
Level: 3774

put a lock on the number of bases they can build say 1 or 2 max and limit the number of character they can create to 1 until they pay. A trial is a trial of the game only and they shouldn't have access to the full scoop of the game only a little taste, or even better make an add on galaxy for f2p they cant leave it until they pay.

Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:15 am
Team: Traders
Main: your mother and i
Level: 3336

limit the f2ps to 1 adonis base per character :D

Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:21 am
Team: Tutela ut Nemesis
Main: Evan W
Level: 1053

Yeah I agree. Leave adonis alone as long as they stay weak to people who can hit them. They are nice to use as a learning tool and cheap way to build a base strong enough for most AI, but no one uses them to protect anything. they are just to weak.

Evan

Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:30 am
Team: The Forgotten Colonies
Main: Antilzah II
Level: 2178

limit the f2ps to 1 adonis base per character :D

No, no, no. That would just make F2P's to create 5 different accounts to get 25 chars to get 25 bases.. You don't really want that.

-- Blizzara

Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:53 pm
Team: Imperium
Main: crop octagon
Level: 6127

the point of that hotrod setup was that anyone can use it, most f2p have piloting 5 by level 8 or so, and im talking about new players who dont even know the game is p2p yet, and a bronze thorax is only tech 3, plus a f2 energy also tech 3, that dops off an AI in nexus, and alot of noobs want to do LOTS of damage so they immediately think 5 damage augs.... that setup isnt specialized at all. and yet it can do ~325 dps sustained. as for being healed, its as easy as "Hey you! heal me!" Im around level 200 now and i get ALOT of random people level 15- asking to be healed while they fight someone or try to get away from a pwner.

this may sound horrible but i think some form of pvp range restriction on healing would do alot toward making low level bases more survivable.

I understand why people dont want f2p to have UNKILLABLE bases, but i dont think you quite understand how easily a base can fall... With my really weak nooby f2p combat alt, i can do around 500 DPS, with a rather cheap and common weapon, Ares shield has a bank of 2000, So thats 4-5 seconds before its gone. ares laser does 100 dps, 400-500 damage sustained in total... plus a couple hundred from the bule crazyness's backfire. thats without factoring in resists.

Thats doing it the hard way, there are an endless number of simple ways to kill a base, 4-5 magic attacks would do it too. or range it with a mag cannon...

Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:00 pm
Team: Star Wars
Main: Peter_The_Puller
Level: 804

/Hunden

No way man, I just built Ambro Y because I didn't think they were going to nerf the base gear. Now if it was 1 level higher then regular I'm totally screwed for the next universe.

But if its make ONLY Adonis X,Y,Z tech 10 then I'd be fine.

Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:02 am
Profile WWW
Team: Aidelon
Main: Rocket_Slugg
Level: 1090

then you would need a tech 12 base, why would you put adonis z on a tech 12 base when you can have argonaut?

Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:22 am

Adonis Z is better then agronaut, and Ambro Y is better then Anda wit more bank, but same regen. So Adonis Z is better then Agronaut with bank and regen.

Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:25 am
Profile WWW
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Nurokourri
Level: 5049

then you would need a tech 12 base, why would you put adonis z on a tech 12 base when you can have argonaut?

There is a tech 10 kit upgrade and argonaut requires nukes to power it. Similar to how people use avalon rather than ambrosia sometimes.

Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:38 pm

Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:01 am
Profile WWW
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Nurokourri
Level: 5049

Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:27 am
Team:
Main: vEngE4nC3
Level: 255

Personally i think Adonis should need level 21. If a level 20 f2p gets alts and such and makes a gal with 4 or 5 adonis, that alone would be a bit hard to kill as a f2p. But with the new shield caps and base beefs? I tested this and my level 20 f2p char got an adonis with about 600k shields as management 9 with augs and shield capacitor. Think about it.... if you get a gal that has a bunch of adonis bases that are level 20, and they all have pretty high shields, you would need some level 500+ healers to even keep the f2p attackers alive! and actually i tried it, last uni me and 4 or 5 healers tried to keep a group of 2 or 3 f2p alive and like 6 adonis bases owned them so easy. You get what i mean, make it 21... 20 is too good and Adonis is the first really fun part of base building so i think they should get a taste of bases using tech 6's until they go p2p and get Adonis with 800000 shields..... By the way the new base capacitors are crazy uber... friend has an anni with i tihnk 24 million shields and there is only 1 shield boosting aug on there.

Oh and slugg, an argo base crumbling to a 5x damage thorax hotrod? HAH... you need to consider the fact that the hotrod could probably get 1 shotted, think that over m8.

- Czauz

Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:04 am
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next