Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1969

Post Weekly Update 2-12
OK, people have been asking for a return of the weekly updates, so I will be less lazy and do it. =)

New universe seems to be going pretty well. I increased the size by 50% which is huge, but added a new tag to globally reduce the number of roaming AI's as a percentage in an effort to keep CPU and save files down. I also made it so you can now build in DF10, although you can not own there, and also you can not protect anywhere in W0. This should give a gigantic increase in the amount of real estate for people to build on. I'm hoping that the recent limitation on userbases per account will somewhat limit building and that we don't still end up with every single galaxy being built in, as that might take up too much CPU and memory.

To also help with cpu, memory, and reducing in lag, I am currently working on adding new "no-save" tags to most spawned AI's which will keep them from being saved. This should provide a huge savings at not much cost. Also I noticed that spawned asteroids are being saved which there seems like there's no reason for.

In a couple days I will add in the code to switch over to the new AT skill now that everyone has had their chance to build and can work on getting new AT.

Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:19 am
Profile WWW
Team: Imperium
Main: Qu4NtuM
Level: 7750

On a sidenote: will slave tweak be brought in line with the new AT? Or at least fixed in some way?

I have reasons for why I do things.

Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:42 am
Site Admin / Dev Team

Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:04 am
Profile WWW
Main: Convivial
Level: 1145

Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:38 am

Slave tweak Doesn't give 2% per lvl, like it should (from what I hear), and possibly gives even less then 1%, basically its a waste of SP, ask anyone who has trained it. Slave masters are nerfed as it is. Once the new AT hits we are gonna be nerfed more then ever compared to other classes. In most cases slaves account for 2/3s of the total firepower, even with the nerfed ST and what not. So once this hits its gonna really suck :cry:
I have invested In my slaves and my Pax enough to for "ubang kewl gear" DS and yet all that cred got me a fraction of the firepower. Fair?

Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:07 am
Main: Goz
Level: 1564

the w0 addition is great, more pvp with less consequences!

Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:15 am
Profile WWW
Main: Demiser of D
Level: 4

also, the bug with the slave firing rate? did you fix that? and i hope you haven't forgotten ST while you've been doing AT... that would suck. other than that, I love everything!

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Fuck you, Cygnus.

Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:01 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Bluejayek
Level: 3919

Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:45 pm
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: urzaserra2
Level: 4871

What about not havign serenities available to buy sell in lunacy??

Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:14 pm
Team: The Happy Campers
Main: Enji
Level: 1638

Slave tweak Doesn't give 2% per lvl, like it should (from what I hear), and possibly gives even less then 1%, basically its a waste of SP, ask anyone who has trained it. Slave masters are nerfed as it is. Once the new AT hits we are gonna be nerfed more then ever compared to other classes. In most cases slaves account for 2/3s of the total firepower, even with the nerfed ST and what not. So once this hits its gonna really suck :cry:
I have invested In my slaves and my Pax enough to for "ubang kewl gear" DS and yet all that cred got me a fraction of the firepower. Fair?

ST sounds fine to me... I use 60% to compute stats and I end up with the expected capacity and shield (what I think is bugged is the rof mod on slaves).

The problem with ST is that it is maxed at 60%, contrary to new AT... This will end up in slave masters getting less benefits than other classes when new AT kicks in.

Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:15 pm
Team: Traders
Main: Burnout3
Level: 4963

Nice idea on making the uni 50% bigger, but now that adds on a lot of extra travel time. Maby extend warp4 to DF 140? Just to save the zerkers prom time or w/e fuel they use. The way it is now, the warp4 gates i have found havent even taken me out of warp1. If oyu could fiz this, i would appreciate it greatly.

Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:40 pm
Main: The Voomy One
Level: 1337

What Slicer said, we've been saying this forever. Making it so termites dont spawn in W3 should help atleast a little.

I also agree about expanding W4, there are very few juxta warps and the uni is very large.

Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:57 am
Site Admin / Dev Team

I can look at termites.

Micron is Atlum's thing. I hear it's almost done.

Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:51 am
Profile WWW

Slave tweak gives 60%.

Don't believe you, but if you insist. Is it gonna be beefed to like 3% per lvl with the new AT or not?

Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:48 am
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next