Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Main: Goz
Level: 1564

Slave tweak gives 60%.

I can look at termites.

Micron is Atlum's thing. I hear it's almost done.

yea and heres a little bug for ya:

termite mounds spawn if there are bases in a galaxy (or they are suposed to work that way)

and there are harder mounds for higher DF. so when someone builds in emp bio, there are about 30 MF mites I can point out at any given point :?

Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:19 am
Profile WWW
Team: Admins
Main: The Voomy One
Level: 1337

Post Re: out of place post
DrasuBlue wrote:
on Client v2, can you guys still keep the option to run SS in 2d mode? (laptop) it would be great for the low-end pc users. That way ppl can play in 2d and 3d?

I doubt that is possible....

Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:25 am
Main: Ligthning
Level: 1318

Slaves is a problem, they should be able to optain the same AT as the owner. And the ROF is bugged...

If you don't want slavemasters in the game, just say so.

Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:51 am
Site Admin / Dev Team
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1969

I've been bending over backwards trying to make fighting with salves viable. I added slave stasis boxes, "attack my target" orders, the code to make them find you whever you are rather than getting lost and jumping randomly, and the slave tweak galaxies. In the future I'll add 20 more levels of Slave Tweak now that our main AT skill can go up to 100%. Not sure about this slave ROF thing. I've looked at it twice and don't see anything other than a cap of 8 shots per second based on the AI think time.

Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:38 am
Profile WWW
Team: The Happy Campers
Main: Enji
Level: 1638

And the ROF is bugged...

I am the one who brought it, but after further testing, I am not sure what is the explanation... I thought at first that it was stupid (like the ROF mod completely ignored), but depending on the weapon the rof can go from utter crap (half my own ROF with OHL) to similar to my own ship (momma slicer which is full tracking).

I still think something is wrong, but not as bad (and as obvious) as I first thought...

Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:50 am
Team: Star Wars
Main: Peter_The_Puller
Level: 804

Maybe Rad Exp is adding RoF instead of subtracting it?

Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:19 am
Profile WWW
Team: Traders
Main: Thyme
Level: 2811

If you want to make slaves better, add make them give 4-5% bonuses per level.

And make it so when the owner dies they go into stasis aswell...

Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:17 am
Profile WWW
Team: Imperium
Main: Qu4NtuM
Level: 7713

3% per lvl would be sufficent. And lets say you add slave tweaks 20 more levels... huge SP sink with questionable improvement. And I still think there is something wrong with it.

I have reasons for why I do things.

Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:22 am

If you want to make slaves better, add make them give 4-5% bonuses per level.

And make it so when the owner dies they go into stasis aswell...

Why ?

I think it would be much better if players were able to use the brute power of slave efficiently (if u want 4% per level go rad exp btw).

And about the slaves dying when u are killed yourself, why ? Drones arent destroyed when it happens. It would mean even more GG cost. In DG, when the master dies, very often slaves will dies soon after him anyway. In PVP, it would be so easy to pwn the owner only and thus evade the tougher slaves (It is not as if killing rad exp slaves was not already piss easy for a SD anyway, u just have to kite)

Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:17 pm

candyboy wrote:

I've been bending over backwards trying to make fighting with salves viable. I added slave stasis boxes, "attack my target" orders, the code to make them find you whever you are rather than getting lost and jumping randomly, and the slave tweak galaxies. In the future I'll add 20 more levels of Slave Tweak now that our main AT skill can go up to 100%. Not sure about this slave ROF thing. I've looked at it twice and don't see anything other than a cap of 8 shots per second based on the AI think time.

Sorry about all the bitching. A lil suggestion to make the biring cap less annoying: remove el and firing bonus on slave mastery and double the damage bonus. Not the same DPS on the paper, closer to the DPS it's supposed to be in the game. At least as a tempoary fix.

Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:27 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1969

Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:58 pm
Profile WWW
Main: Cyphe12
Level: 1566

Still doesn't help when you've got 3x exc wardens... those should have owned the hell out of most things... they were good, but not nearly as good as they should have been given their cost of over 50b each...

Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:11 pm

Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:54 am

JeffL wrote:
candyboy wrote:

Sorry about all the bitching. A lil suggestion to make the biring cap less annoying: remove el and firing bonus on slave mastery and double the damage bonus. Not the same DPS on the paper, closer to the DPS it's supposed to be in the game. At least as a tempoary fix.

I DO disagree. The elec usage on slaves can be tractor, item, charger, shield, aura, ...

And as already said, a 3 exc comb warden (or a 2 ares for that matters) get most of their ROF from augs (like x2 or more) not from the skill. It would also solve nothing at all for non mastery slaves.

EDIT: Sorry I didnt read the "temporary fix"...

Last edited by Enji on Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:44 am
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next