Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Rat Zombie Slaves
Main: Caelestis
Level: 1959

Post Content Update, 2/13/07
I know there were a few things that didn't get finished in time for the reset, but most of those things are still on their way.

We are putting the finishing touches on Micron now, and we will add that in mid-universe. When that is added, players will have access to Micro and Nano items, both smaller versions of normal items. We will also be adding Micro and Oversized Venusian gear when we put Micron in.

The UrQa Combined Augmenters were started, and can be very easily added in as soon as I finish them, so expect to see those in the near future as well. As part of this change, I have also created an Augmenter for the Suqqa Uj'qi that will drop from them in the near future, expect it to make them a tad harder as well.

Quite a few things did get in though. Infernal Tempest was weakened a bit, it might be weakened further to make it easier for the target level. When we finally have the right balance for it, expect it to be an area for a group of 2-3 at the target level. Tortuga and Absolution will also be looked as, as they might be too hard for the target level as well.

Infernal Tempest also was changed a bit, I added optional rewards for the final mission. Players can now choose either a Constable, or a Constable's Aid before they go to hunt Diablo. The Constable's Aid is a ship targeted at Shield Monkeys and healing, and expect to see the same done with the Warden missions. I know there are not a lot of healing options at the lower levels, that's slowly starting to change.

A few other things made it into the reset, one of them being the Eclipse Blockade. This is a tech 20 shield that follows the line of the Blockade Shields, and should be pretty good for those looking for a low space, low visibility, high speed shield option.

As for the future, it was suggested that we further enhance the new player experience to hopefully get more people to start paying to play, so I am going to do a Nexus revamp this universe. This will include dumbing down most of the content, shuffling around the Dungeons to give them easier access and making the Nexus a bit larger. Along with this, I will be adding a Pirate Mother galaxy similar to Sol and Paxius, and adding gates from Cadet Academy to Sol, Paximinus to Paxius, and Volcom Outpost to the new Mother Galaxy. From the mother galaxy, new players will be offered a plethora of missions to help them advance in the game more and get them out and seeing how big the SS universe really is. I will also be adding a galaxy to help explain the concepts of Remote Control and Slaves since they are a very important part of the game.

The Tech 19 Uber Zone is being worked on for those who are wondering. Atlum and I have two of the areas for it finished (I am sure someone found the Icepick Area on the test server already), and I will try hard to have it ready by next universe. This area will also lead up to a very tough tech 20 boss fight against 'The Titan' for those who are getting bored being slaughtered by the Lion.

Caelestis

Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:10 am
Main: Goz
Level: 1564

2) change the eclipse blockade to: solstice blockade :P

3) great job, love the updates

4) awesome :D

Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:11 am
Profile WWW
Team: Imperium
Main: Qu4NtuM
Level: 7753

What about the RC 17-18 thing, I needs a new type of brain???

I have reasons for why I do things.

Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:15 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Nurokourri
Level: 5049

Something that would be nice is the addition of one or two tech 10 augs giving shield regen. The Constable's aid doesn't really have many aug options for healing usage.

Infernal Tempest does need more weakening. The Doom Guard should be removed from the main Tempest and the Dooom Guard/Inferno combination in Maelstrom needs weakening: I noticed my shields holding up at 4.5k on my speed demon suddenly jet to 800 shield remaining; its probably due to the shield modification. Diablo seems OK now, though.

For Absoltion, reduce the number of mf Seraphs. The Cathedral is OK in the amount of damage it deals and range, considering you can sit outside range while killing the seraphs and only need to pass it when entering the boss room. Its shield should be modified, though: increase the bank by maybe 200% and drop its regen so the lower levels can actually kill it. Cardinal Bellarmine needs alot better tracking, though. As is you can kill it by simply sitting behind it with a gimmo, or sitting in front of it between the points its lasers come from, thus rendering it unable to deal damage.

Tortuga is actually balanced, as-is.

Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:47 pm
Team: Traders
Main: Thyme
Level: 2811

I have major problems doing it with my 2 Parsley slaves and my Sidhe.

Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:49 pm
Profile WWW
Main: Lt.Nelson+
Level: 5

I don't see anything there about engine 20. Did it make it into the game? Is it still on the way?

Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:03 pm
Profile YIM
Main: voyager vs borg
Level: 1035

Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:14 pm
Main: Bluejayek
Level: 3919

There should be some more high end augs that give some capacity, around 10-20% with combat as well. As it is theres sup combo and thats it. Apart from that, this sounds great.

Any update is apreciated.

Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:19 pm
Team: Star Wars
Main: Peter_The_Puller
Level: 804

Post Re: Content Update, 2/13/07
Caelestis wrote:
Quite a few things did get in though. Infernal Tempest was weakened a bit, it might be weakened further to make it easier for the target level. When we finally have the right balance for it, expect it to be an area for a group of 2-3 at the target level. Tortuga and Absolution will also be looked as, as they might be too hard for the target level as well.

Caelestis

I hope you made it so I can get my constable now, I couldn't even do it at level 450

EDIT: Are the Infernal Tempest and Warden things in yet?

Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:38 pm
Profile WWW
Main: Kiltric
Level: 455

Post Re: Content Update, 2/13/07
Caelestis wrote:
As for the future, it was suggested that we further enhance the new player experience to hopefully get more people to start paying to play, so I am going to do a Nexus revamp this universe. This will include dumbing down most of the content, shuffling around the Dungeons to give them easier access and making the Nexus a bit larger. Along with this, I will be adding a Pirate Mother galaxy similar to Sol and Paxius, and adding gates from Cadet Academy to Sol, Paximinus to Paxius, and Volcom Outpost to the new Mother Galaxy. From the mother galaxy, new players will be offered a plethora of missions to help them advance in the game more and get them out and seeing how big the SS universe really is. I will also be adding a galaxy to help explain the concepts of Remote Control and Slaves since they are a very important part of the game.

Caelestis

awsome, loving this especially

Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:49 pm
Main: Oya
Level: 3394

Just wondering, are we ever going to see those new roaming uber/semi-uber bosses put in? The ones that would drop bps for a wingship V, awakened chome, and an assault levi? I believe they were mentioned some time ago, but i haven't seen them.

Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:12 pm
Team: Admins
Main: The Voomy One
Level: 1337

The UrQa Combined Augmenters were started, and can be very easily added in as soon as I finish them, so expect to see those in the near future as well.

That was my idea :) Yay for me :D

Something that should be done about infernal tempest, I think it's Diablo that has a tweak on his weapons so if you get hit you loose about 75% speed. Remove that shit right now, he does pretty high damage and without speed a SD will die. It's not fair to remove the only thing a SD has to keep them alive. Only chance you have is to do more DPS then him and at the level he is meant for that might be a little tough.

Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:05 am
Team: Star Wars
Main: Peter_The_Puller
Level: 804

Just wondering, are we ever going to see those new roaming uber/semi-uber bosses put in? The ones that would drop bps for a wingship V, awakened chome, and an assault levi? I believe they were mentioned some time ago, but i haven't seen them.

Yeah when is that going to happen? That was a long time.

Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:26 am
Profile WWW
Team: Olympus
Main: Unix
Level: 926

when it comes to infernal tempest i think that the doc has either too much shield or too much regen

Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:10 pm
Main: E11inium 4
Level: 2115

Post .
hmmm you said to make a new gal to help with slaves.....can ya add bases and drones in that gal too? they could be seperate missions in a AI station.

i think they dont know how to get past deep spaec so can ya add little sign things like the ones in preload to tell them totake the pillbozes for a speed boost

Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:58 pm