Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1969

Post DG loot
A couple of people have been complaining that the DG bosses are not dropping very good loot this uni. I checked out the code, and what they drop is solely based on the hull tech level of the boss.

So I'm pretty sure it's just a few people who have gotten unlucky are complaining, while the ones getting their normal loot aren't saying anything.

Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:13 pm
Profile WWW
Team: Death Mental
Main: RevolutionPower
Level: 4939

You're supposed to ask a question too :D!

But yeah, it seems normal to me that the people that do get nice stuff won't be bragging bout it on the forums, not nearly as much that is.

Might be a cool idea to monitor some players or DGs. Doubt you can really get some accurate results when 20% of the playerbase shouts his recent and entirely random DG loot.

Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:34 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Xenophanes
Level: 7991

how about this, anyone that has gotten anything close to last uni, and not just once in 20 times, post what u got. Because i've done everything from df 140-230 and gotten crap every time. Doesn't matter # of warps, or boss. It all is horrible.

Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:36 pm
Team: Death Mental
Main: RevolutionPower
Level: 4939

I've actually mostly gotten crap in the last 3 years. Did have some decent stuff, but mostly from actual ubers, n ubers in DGs, than just icepick bosses etc.

Have gotten a GnT once when I was DGing with Thanar. Not really anything else good to be a 100% honoust, might've forgotten a drop, but the GnT was 1-2 years ago... So.

Ubers have very often dropped cool goodies though. I didn't even bother DGing at some points, and I have actually done many.

Never really blamed it on a bug though. I've always been unlucky in games drops-wise, and I have seen friends find some real decent shit. :o

So I dunno... You could of course use your own experience if you spawn a maestro quick and fit it with a common fitting. Run a few DGs with atlum the normal way, and see what you get. Then after you see the difficulty, just put on some 1-hitting weapons and spawn the DG alot, n finish it alot, and then look at how long it's supposed to take you (by extrapolating the earlier numbers with regular fittings) and look at the loot you got. Then decide wether to leave it, nerf it, or boost it.

Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:58 pm
Team: Solstice
Main: Trevor
Level: 5369

well put it this way from an platform doped a ADVANCED HARVESTER(O BOY)

also we did about 20 dgs and DIDNT get crap

Sat Feb 17, 2007 6:25 pm
Main: _7_
Level: 5179

I've done many DG's between the range's of DF 150-230 many many many times, with many different bosses, Normal BG's, MF BG's, Normal/MF Picks Forgones Prog rosies etc etc. And the best thing I got was a CeBo+ pack that dropped off of one of the AI's in the first level of a DG. After that it was probably the OS Zirconium Charger.

Sat Feb 17, 2007 6:32 pm
Main: Cyphe12
Level: 1566

I've been keeping track of the DG loot I've gotten from most DGs... not all of them are recorded, but its the same basic stuff...

DG loot
DF ----- Levels ----- Loot
140 ----- 8 ----- Arbita Torp
140 ----- 2 ----- Crack Palace, Adonis Crest BP
140 ----- 5 ----- Arbita Torp
150 ----- 2 ----- Mzu Dims BP, Zirco Charger
170 ----- 6 ----- Surg Damp+ BP
170 ----- 6 ----- Surg Damp+ BP
170 ----- 4 ----- Zirco Charger
170 ----- 4 ----- Shaolin strike Torp BP, Phobos Block BP
180 ----- 2 ----- Argonium Charger
180 ----- 2 ----- Hades collector
209 ----- 3 ----- Slate BP
220 ----- 2 ----- Gremcannon
220 ----- 3 ----- Gremcannon
220 ----- 3 ----- Cowboy Charger
220 ----- 3 ----- Gremcannon
220 ----- 3 ----- Slate BP
220 ----- 2 ----- Gremcannon
280 ----- 6 ----- Hydroponics
280 ----- 6 ----- Annih Energybank BP

Seems just plain wrong to me that while doing DF200+ DGs, I've gotten 4 gremcannons as DG loot, a tech 10 low end nearly useless item which last I check can be built via BP that costs no more than like 5m creds for the construction, and which the BP can be bought in an AI base. DF 280 for a hydroponics? Multiple slate BPs? Why actually bothers carrying slate BPs... They're so heavy and they build items that are now completely useless in the game with pulse guns dealing so much dmg. Seriously though... 4 different DGs all DF 220, dropping gremcannons... Thats just plain wrong... That doesn't even cover the cost of the shield salvations I used in there... In a good couple hours of DGing, I think the best loot I got was an ares aug(from a regular AI outside the DG), a pos aug, and a juju hugga* from a non boss BG.

To me it seems logical that DF200+ DGs should be dropping some decent gear... once you get to DF280, where you are fighting lvls of (as an example) 8 of the lvl 1k bana ships, multiple Mf3+ prog rosies, large amounts of picks, etc... you should be getting something better than an annihilator energy BP or a hydroponics...

Arbita torps shouldn't even be in W3 drop tables... They are a junk item... its like killing a MF reaver boss and getting an ion justice in DF200 last uni... How about just going through all the drop tables for W3, and removing all the useless items that noone ever uses that just get tossed... Arbita torps, gremcannons, zirconium chargers... Move them to W1 DGs where they're actually mediocre loot...

Sat Feb 17, 2007 6:51 pm
Main: Goz
Level: 1564

once, JUST ONCE, I went dg,ing in DF 230 with a sniper-izer and got a MisD. (supericepick or MF BG, cant remember)

another time I got a Fission Thrust and Hydroponics from a uber1337 MF BG boss

and thats it, ever

Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:24 pm
Profile WWW
Team: Star Wars
Main: Peter_The_Puller
Level: 804

once, JUST ONCE, I went dg,ing in DF 230 with a sniper-izer and got a MisD. (supericepick or MF BG, cant remember)

another time I got a Fission Thrust and Hydroponics from a uber1337 MF BG boss

and thats it, ever

Goz you haven't been on to DG since the reset.

Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:13 pm
Profile WWW
Team: Phalanx Triarius
Main: Uesugi
Level: 928

i got sandy solarite from a bg boss :roll:

Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:32 am
Main: The Voomy One
Level: 1337

Just like Revo I've pretty much gotten only crap during all my time in the game. I thought some change had been made for this uni though so DG loot would actually be better in the higher DFs. From what I can tell nothing has been done though

Gremcannon from a DF 220 DG? I mean c'mon.....that thing should drop in DF <100. Cowboy charger if DF 220? Hell no. I even got a damn luscious north bp from a DF 190-200 DG....that's the most useless piece of crap in the game....

I dont expect to get great stuff everytime I do a DG but there are certain things that I expect NOT to get.

Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:24 am
Team: The Happy Campers
Main: Enji
Level: 1638

Well I do not expect to get GnTs each time I can kill a DF200 boss, but well...

I have resumed DG this uni, and to be honnest, I got better stuff (like a few exc and sups, hephs, and the last, not tremendous but not a pure waste of time), while in the same time in DG the only stuff I remember worth keeping was a depuzzler... I was in DF 150-200 (cant solo much higher)

If you say it is related to the boss hull level, I think that a BG, forgone, or bad ass MF pick should all give the same ? Unless tehre are tech 25 ships ?

I guess the hard stuff is that if the DG get changed to drop one good stuff every statisticaly 4 hours, players able to play 12 hours a day would get flood the market...

If high level DGs droped at least useful low level stuff (like low level DG drop once in a while), well high level players would flood the market with all the stuff they get while hunting for great loot.

Sun Feb 18, 2007 6:37 am
Main: Arctic Munkey
Level: 2839

Ive had shit drops also, but i hardly see any differance between DF levels. Im getting the same loot as Cyphe, but i anit doing as high DF Dg's as him.

Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:09 am
Team: Wraiths
Main: Trev_Light
Level: 94

i got great stuff once. but then i died and lost it as it decayed

Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:17 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1969

Well, it's related to the boss tech level, plus there's an offset that each type of boss adds, so the MF versions do give better loot.

There's kind of a dilemma with the DG loot. On the one hand, DGing shouldn't be a waste of time. You should get stuff for doing it. On the other, people seem to have GnT's, Fissions, etc. If there were more of these added to the economy, there would be a huge deflation in the value of these items and everyone would end up with the same set up. Maybe what we need to do is take the garbage-ish stuff that drops, make it drop from easier guys, and then add in a bunch of medium-ish items that could be useful and/or are important components in building better things.

Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:58 pm
Profile WWW