Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: Galan Starspinner
Level: 3774

I think Cyphe's ideas inject way too much common sense and logic into the game making it over all more playable and enjoyable for the player base.

I think he should be NERFED!!!!

Nice suggestions Cyphe

Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:12 am
Team: Traders
Main: ERMAN
Level: 8516

damn you cyphe and your perfectly well thought out and extremely implementable ideas that would do nothing but increase the quality of the game!!

:D

JEB wrote:
I think Cyphe's ideas inject way too much common sense and logic into the game making it over all more playable and enjoyable for the player base.

copying off my comments i see...

Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:32 am
Profile WWW
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: Galan Starspinner
Level: 3774

I think he should be NERFED!!!!

I think someone missed the joke..............

Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:54 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: _7_
Level: 5179

I don't think it's copying so much as the truth is so obvious :P

Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:19 am
Team: Imperium
Main: Qu4NtuM
Level: 7753

I have reasons for why I do things.

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:16 pm
Main: Minch
Level: 2357

Woot Grape Influence off a omega platform :D

O well least i leveled

-Minch-

Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:23 pm
Main: Goz
Level: 1564

Woot Grape Influence off a omega platform :D

O well least i leveled

-Minch-

meh, ive gotten a misD, speedy sup damage aug, and a FT from a "super MF bg" (the one that owns j00) once, but it took me and ronald 2 attempts to get its sheilds down (prolly had a sup sheild etc etc)

Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:43 pm
Profile WWW
Main: Comet Chaser
Level: 2441

Don't want to poke a stick in Ciphe's eye, but I actually disagree with his idea. (Or rather, think it doesn't solve the issue).

Ok, using BPs to condense gear into better gear as an item / money sink is all well and good - but its for base building chars, not DGers. (I'm aware that the whole class system might be changing). What's more likely to happen is that the BPs get out there, a few people build a couple of the items, go "aww, phhhhfffft, I built a 'X' and its pants for the time / effort / cost for a lousy 5% bonus" and the BP becomes not wanted. Did this not happen with sniper spec. weapons? I've built most of them, and the finished product just wasn't appealing enough, given the time / effort (especially as most kept the same damage type - lasers just aren't feasible as weapons, ever).

I had a look for the old capital ship idea, and was wondering if that was still around. Why? Well, people DG to get loot - specifically in MMO terms "phatz". Sure, they want their cash covered, but the drive is actually to get phatz - phatz that other people don't have. FT & modded stuff is a very nice curve for this (esp. if things like dynamic catas / LCs / DWOs etc dropped). Instant gratification is what its about, not "oh.. well, since I got another GnT, I suppose I can get 100 commods of X and then build a slightly better one".

Suggestion #1:

Tokens for cash. Great idea, should go in, based on colours / DG diff. Have the boss drop a selection of colours / names, redeemable for cash at a base - randomised from 0-3, since random is good. These should drop on top of any other loot.

Suggestion #2:

Modding tokens / items. Have them as super-rare drops, that add say 0.5% to a ships inherent stat - elec / resist / shield / damage etc. Yes, its an item that permanently alters your ship's stats. Have it so that a ship can only have #x2 = tec level installed. People will want these, and looting them would be a big thing (and somewhat random.. yes, no-one will really want +0.5% docking, but hey, that's how the cookie crumbles). Give them funky names as well e.g. Halogen's Hull Wax ~ +0.5% base speed.

Suggestion #3:

Normal AI have a chance to drop * gear. Give DG bosses a slight chance of dropping * gear that's 50-100% times better. So, you can have a dynamic weapon (+4% damage) or you could get really, really lucky and get an ultra-dynamic weapon (+8% damage). If people work out that * gear is available off normal AI, they'll go for the odds; and yes, I've already had a Plum Jux* off a DG boss - to which I replied "a 4%+ to something I'd never use is worthless".

Suggestion #4:

Whole raft of new items. If you want to include Ciphe's idea (to make pure base classes not left out in the rain) you could have a drop table of gear that was "incomplete / broken" and required 'fixing' via BPs. e.g. "A scorched Heaven's drift" that you could fix up into a nice "Heaven's drift" engine.

Oh. And having new types of DGs would be great - can't find that suggestion though.

Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:37 am
Team: Admins
Main: The Voomy One
Level: 1337

I had a look for the old capital ship idea, and was wondering if that was still around.

Nope. That was Code's project and since he's gone the project is on ice....Which sucks really bad.

Quote:
Suggestion #1: Tokens for cash. Great idea, should go in, based on colours / DG diff.

They didnt seem to like the idea of having a token system so it doesnt seem like it's gonna happen

Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:45 am
Main: Comet Chaser
Level: 2441

Quote:
I had a look for the old capital ship idea, and was wondering if that was still around.

Nope. That was Code's project and since he's gone the project is on ice....Which sucks really bad.

Quote:
Suggestion #1: Tokens for cash. Great idea, should go in, based on colours / DG diff.

They didnt seem to like the idea of having a token system so it doesnt seem like it's gonna happen

I was sure that Atlum was discussing this whole system waaaaay after Code left. In fact, I'm sure of it - see the lycaeum boss-type, and that went in after Code had been gone a while.

Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:55 am
Main: The Voomy One
Level: 1337

Ai capital ships are in yes but according to Jeff it's not being worked on anymore atm so player piloted ones might not happen....I still hope it will though.

Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:02 am
Site Admin / Dev Team
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1969

Normal AI already drop * gear and DG bosses have twice the chance of dropping it as normal AI.

Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:27 am
Profile WWW
Team: Traders
Main: Thyme
Level: 2811

Dude, Get rid of JUXES

Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:24 am
Profile WWW
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next