Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Team: The Forgotten Colonies
Main: Antilzah II
Level: 2178

I guess that something like tokens that you can turn into money could help with that. People would get money from doing DG's, but there wouldn't be much more items in economy than there is now.

-- Blizzara

Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:01 pm
Team: The Happy Campers
Main: Enji
Level: 1638

I was thinking of a kind of "DG history" per player...

When you kill a boss depending on the loot you get you get DG points (a bit like XP).

When you get a crap DG drop you get a high score : 10 DG points. (the values are here only as an example).
When you get a medium DG drop of get 5 points.
When you get good DG drop you get 1
When you get excellent DG loot, you get -5 points

When you get a uber DG drop, your DG points go to 0 (a kind of reset since you have had a really nice stuff)

This score is then affects the drop you get the next time: among all the items that your current DG can drop, the higher your score, the higher the chance to get a good drop.

That way, when a player does a few DG and gets crap loot, his score goes up fast, increasing the chance to get better stuff.
If a player gets a really nice drop, the score is reduced (because he has indeed gotten something nice, so he is less pissed if the next time he gets nothing)
If he gets the greatest possible loot, then he starts again at the beginning...

The overall idea is to lower the chances that someone gets unlucky 10 times in a row.

Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:26 pm
Team: Hot Shots
Main: Sylvester
Level: 4093

I was thinking of a kind of "DG history" per player...

When you kill a boss depending on the loot you get you get DG points (a bit like XP).

When you get a crap DG drop you get a high score : 10 DG points. (the values are here only as an example).
When you get a medium DG drop of get 5 points.
When you get good DG drop you get 1
When you get excellent DG loot, you get -5 points

When you get a uber DG drop, your DG points go to 0 (a kind of reset since you have had a really nice stuff)

This score is then affects the drop you get the next time: among all the items that your current DG can drop, the higher your score, the higher the chance to get a good drop.

That way, when a player does a few DG and gets crap loot, his score goes up fast, increasing the chance to get better stuff.
If a player gets a really nice drop, the score is reduced (because he has indeed gotten something nice, so he is less pissed if the next time he gets nothing)
If he gets the greatest possible loot, then he starts again at the beginning...

The overall idea is to lower the chances that someone gets unlucky 10 times in a row.

cool idea but totally abusable i would do df 0 dgs for a week then go do a 220 and get like a giga misd or something.

Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:28 pm

It could be randomized as hell (like poor DG loot gives from 7 to 11 DG points) so that it is not (easily) predictible...

Also, it could be done so that low level DG give low score (like 7 to 11) but that they reach the highest chance to drop good stuff at like a total of 100 points (and not getting a higher score)

High DF DG would give 70 to 110 but the chance to get high drop would be high at 1000 (so if a guy camps low DF DG to exploit, he will at best get the same score as if he had done a high level DG)

Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:46 pm
Main: Cyphe12
Level: 1566

Well, it's related to the boss tech level, plus there's an offset that each type of boss adds, so the MF versions do give better loot.

There's kind of a dilemma with the DG loot. On the one hand, DGing shouldn't be a waste of time. You should get stuff for doing it. On the other, people seem to have GnT's, Fissions, etc. If there were more of these added to the economy, there would be a huge deflation in the value of these items and everyone would end up with the same set up. Maybe what we need to do is take the garbage-ish stuff that drops, make it drop from easier guys, and then add in a bunch of medium-ish items that could be useful and/or are important components in building better things.

Yes. Or you could add more DGnT type items into the game that use multiple of one type of item to make a slightly more powerful version of that item... For example... DGnT currently takes:

4x GnT
4 Billion Creds
10x Dementium...

and gives 5% bonus to some stats...

Instead, there should be fortified, laconia, demented, and adamantium versions of the higher end items... Fortified being about the difficulty/strength of the current DGnT, with laconia, demented, and adamantium being progressively harder... Could be...

Regular GnT
Size 75
7000 Bank
120/2.25
8 Elec
80 Regen Elec
Vis 500
500k Weight

Fortified GnT
-----2b Creds
-----2x GnT
-----50x Titanium Sheets
-----50x Titanium
Size 71
7350 Bank
126/2.25
8 Elec
80 Regen Elec
Vis 500
500k Weight
1.05 Speed

Laconia GnT
-----3b Creds
-----2x Fortified GnT
-----25x Laconia Sheets
-----50x Quantumum
-----100x Vis
Size 67
7525 Bank
129/2.08
8 Elec
80 Regen Elec
Vis 500
600k Weight
1.07 Speed

Demented GnT
-----4b Creds
-----2x Fortified GnT
-----10x Dementium
-----25x Energon
-----50x Alien Bacteria
-----100x Quantumum
-----1x Demented Shield Booster
Size 63
7700 Bank
132/2.02
8 Elec
72 Regen Elec
Vis 400
650k Weight
1.10 Speed
1% Resists and 10 damage soak to all damage types except transference.

Adamantium GnT
-----4b Creds
-----2x Demented GnT
-----2x Adamantium Sheets
-----50x Adamantium
-----100x Energon
-----10x Dark Matter
-----1x Adamantium Shield Booster
Size 60
8000 Bank
140/2
8 Elec
70 Regen Elec
Vis 250
1000k Weight
1.15 Speed
2% Resists and 30 damage soak to all damage types except transference.

By the time you're building the adamantium one, you'll have used 16 GnTs... Right now the only 'exit' for GnTs and alot of other items are in items that give very little end bonus... DGnT is ok, but in most cases not worth the cost...

Anyways if this happened, all current DGnTs would need to be renamed Fortified or Laconina GnTs(based on their strength/cost)... It gives an end goal for people, and that way DG drops would become more useful overall...

Similar things could be done with several types of weapons, shields, energy banks, etc... Would give ALOT of new gear for people to aim for...

Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:54 pm
Team: Traders
Main: ERMAN
Level: 8516

damn you cyphe and your perfectly well thought out and extremely implementable ideas that would do nothing but increase the quality of the game!!

:D

Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:21 pm
Profile WWW
Team: Aidelon
Main: goldstar-stations
Level: 6520

absolutly love it..and it would mean any increase in uber Dg loot would be bufferd...hell misd could follow the same path as well as the rest of the demented items..this is totaly sweet dude! totaly useable and perfectly implementable with little or no impact on the market!

Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:56 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: _7_
Level: 5179

Cyphe's idea is very very nice. Another thing i would like to see is more Fine Tuned stuff, like Fine Tuned GnT, etc etc. I think you are on the right track Jeff, as far as removing the lower drops and adding in more mid range stuff rather than just more of the more valuable loot.

Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:23 pm

Cyphe's idea is very very nice. Another thing i would like to see is more Fine Tuned stuff, like Fine Tuned GnT, etc etc. I think you are on the right track Jeff, as far as removing the lower drops and adding in more mid range stuff rather than just more of the more valuable loot.

I agree... FT gear is another thing that could be expanded upon...

Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:57 pm
Main: Lethal Dosage
Level: 2825

I like Cyphes idea... but unless there would be a massive buff on the Adamantium version, it would never, ever be made :P

Good idea, nonetheless.

Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:23 am

Hmmmm I think that unless everyone gets the chance to get his own GnTs in DG, this would have the same effect as FWing needed to build DS. They will become overpriced.

If everyone in game starts to need 16 GnTs, I am pretty sure the 100bil guys will drain the market to build nice shields. How many GnTs are found daily today?

Today I think this shield is standard W3 hunter shield, when they start costing 5b on the market it will be an indirect nerf for new players advancing in game.

Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:43 am
Main: Goz
Level: 1564

damn you cyphe and your perfectly well thought out and extremely implementable ideas that would do nothing but increase the quality of the game!!

:D

YES!

Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:17 am
Profile WWW
Team: Imperium
Main: Qu4NtuM
Level: 7753

Well me, Neuraxis and Minch found a zerker spec from 4mf reaver boss in DF259, after having fought 2 levels of MF forgones and loosing 2 armada drones we get a zerker spec, WOOT.
DF230 dropped us the tech10 DM OL. Also pretty crap considering the DF.
And the armada drone grafix need a revamp they are impossible to see in DGs.

I have reasons for why I do things.

Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:47 am
Main: Macros
Level: 2799

Thank you for addressing this issue... I am getting drops just like cyphe listed.

As far as cyphe's proposal.... please consider it... make the banks a little better than he listed, but a whole set of buildable gear for all types of weapons, shields, engines, energybanks would really help out the higher level guys.....

Increase the drops and add this buildable stuff which consumes the drops and you will have solved the economy deflation of items issue....

However, making Fortified, laconia, etc... should make the gear slightly bigger not smaller...

Macros

Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:55 am

I like Cyphes idea... but unless there would be a massive buff on the Adamantium version, it would never, ever be made :P

Good idea, nonetheless.

Hardly... Heres the stats again...

me wrote:
Size 60
8000 Bank
140/2
8 Elec
70 Regen Elec
Vis 250
1000k Weight
1.15 Speed
2% Resists and 30 damage soak to all damage types except transference.

Thats a 14.3% increase in shield bank, 31.25% increase in regen per second, 15% speed mod, 11.7% less elec used per second, is 20% smaller, and has the 2% resists and 30 damage soak... I don't see how that would not be worth spending a crap load of creds on... It regens more than the OS GnT with only about 40% the size, and less than half the elec usage...

Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:34 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next