Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Main: Lethal Dosage
Level: 2825

Because it costs about 100b to make and is not *that* much better than PoT?

Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:10 pm
Team: Imperium
Main: Qu4NtuM
Level: 7753

Better then pot?? only the size, weight 1mil... oh yea... 8k bank, not that impressive and those minor sokes do fuck all considering what happens in W3.

I have reasons for why I do things.

Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:12 pm
Main: Lethal Dosage
Level: 2825

Better then pot?? only the size, weight 1mil... oh yea... 8k bank, not that impressive and those minor sokes do fuck all considering what happens in W3.

I think you just made my point again for me, Quant :)

Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:17 pm
Main: Cyphe12
Level: 1566

But good for pvp... Good for small ships... Good speed bonus... Excellent elec efficiency... Allows for more elec to be available for use of weapons...

Not every item has to be better in every way just because it costs alot...

That being said, maybe the cost it a little much, but thats beside the point... The point is that if there was some ways for items to be 'used up' to make better items, the drop rates could be higher without ruining the economy...

Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:52 pm
Team: The Happy Campers
Main: Enji
Level: 1638

Qu4NtuM wrote:
.... the drop rates SHould be higher without ruining the economy...

Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:41 am
Team: Admins
Main: The Voomy One
Level: 1337

The point is that if there was some ways for items to be 'used up' to make better items, the drop rates could be higher without ruining the economy...

Indeed. All high level players just gather more and more stuff, 2-3 full storage thatches isnt rare. Some way of combining several weaker items into stronger ones would be great, should be possible with pretty much anything if you ask me. A couple deimos blockades should be possible to turn into lunar blockades, a couple lunar blockades into a phobos and so on just to make a example.
Extremely many items are just put into storage and will stay there forever without any use at all. Cant get rid of anything because if you do you can bet your life that some cool BP will get added that needed just that item that you threw away :roll:

Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:50 am
Team: Light Commerce
Main: Neo Wasami
Level: 964

I would like to see a use for all gear dropped in DGs and ruins, even crap like OS super quartz and Bule searcher. Why not implement a mechanics skill that is like the new AT in which you collect a bunch of gear to earn the right to lvl up on a skill which increases or decreases stats on equipment. There can even be different categories of mechanics whose modifiers depend on gear they collect (radars for a radar mod).

Each level would only effect the gear slightly like a .25% on CAs stats. Also the the sps needed for each lvl up would be like 25 or 30 each.

The first level on it can be gear like Ice Sludgers, dung pellets, Biowall, tibsi radar, Quartz charger X, peach jux, and simple power.

In this way all items in the game can have a use, Big time pack rats like me will have a use for all the useless junk we have collected, and we will have another sp sink.

Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:17 pm
Team: Admins
Main: The Voomy One
Level: 1337

Or implement that token system that was suggested a while ago.

Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:54 am
Team: Infinate Dreams
Main: Desert Rat
Level: 652

Mothballing, turn items back into commods.

Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:20 am

In eve you can reprocess the shit you find into base components and minerals, which you can sell off. Would be great if it could be done here too, if they turn into something non decayable.

Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:53 am
Team: Traders
Main: Thyme
Level: 2811

All items should have BPs that use DG drops to make better things.

For example, you shuold be able to get 10 Biowalls and make a Nanowall.

3000 bank
100 regen
200 elec
Size 50
Tech 10

Rough stats, some people would say broken but just look at the elec requirements....

Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:02 pm
Profile WWW
Team: The Happy Campers
Main: Enji
Level: 1638

My first reaction was "ewww what a waste of juice" ;-)

Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:05 pm
Team: Zephyr
Main: Beserker
Level: 4222

All items should have BPs that use DG drops to make better things.

For example, you shuold be able to get 10 Biowalls and make a Nanowall.

3000 bank
100 regen
200 elec
Size 50
Tech 10

Rough stats, some people would say broken but just look at the elec requirements....

That would be chosen over Rush Paste because...?

Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:29 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Nurokourri
Level: 5049

Seems a bit silly to call it a nano wall and make it 50 size.

However, creating new items from many current items is something I have been wanting in the game more of. Decomposing items also sounds nice, though it should create less materials than used to build the item (or in case of a dg item not built via bp, a simply non-broken but useful amount - such as decomposing a venusian jackhammer for some mid rare commods) and no monetary value should be included, as in both spending cash to decompose and receiving cash from the decomposition.

Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:26 pm

Yea, that's the way it works on EvE, it's not a full refund. On SS getting 70%-80% of the cost might be pretty nice. But back to the DG loot being crap topic... The DG loot is crap, alright. There is no more debate required to say that the loot IS crap. Also the boss hull tech lvl thing... thats also crap... Has to be based on DF and the number of guard lvls in a DG. Why should a MF Reaver or ProgRosie that is behind 3 lvls of picks drop less loot then an Omega that is behind 1 lvl of MF chromes?

Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:57 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next