Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Nurokourri
Level: 5049

How often are you going to be making an uber run at the exact time that your bases get under attack?

Its not that your bases would be under attack while on an uber run, but that people could exploit the fighter bay system by attacking a known Fleet Commander's bases to purposely harm their fighting capabilities.

Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:55 pm
Team: Traders
Main: Burnout3
Level: 4963

I dont like the unaug your ship and destroy the augs. What about unaug your ship, destroy the ship and keep the augs? Or Destroy ship and 1 aug. The people that have combis (only obtainable once!!) will just loose them? More often than not, a single combi is worth more than the whole damn ship. With the exeption of DS, Rosie, and all the other newer ships that have/are being put in, a single combi is worth more than the ship. Which means you loose 3 combis (15-20b if bought) for a ship that costs like 800m to make? Kind of useless if you ask me.

Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:37 pm
Main: Goz
Level: 1564

so augs are destroyed, even good ones like combi's?

I guesss that DOES kinda help the economy, but now, augs wil becone MOER expensive, rather than realy cheap (woop de doo, screw more of us over, kinda).

does it cost anything?

Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:18 pm
Profile WWW
Team: Imperium
Main: Qu4NtuM
Level: 7713

You don't need to destroy them, buy a new ship... It is good for those that wanna upgrade their setups. For instance I wanna replace zerker specs with std combies on my ships. That is if you can choose what you wanna clear out. If it eats up all the augs it will suck.

I have reasons for why I do things.

Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:29 pm
Main: Thummmper
Level: 3066

I like the fighter & missile bays idea. I have a suggestion or two about this.

Fighters & fighter bays:

1. Let ships have more than one fighter bay based on the tech level of the ship and free hull space.

2. Limit the the ship based fighters to 5 or 6 deployable per fighter bay. Large hulled ships could carry spares that would be deployed in the event that one or more of the fighters is killed.

3. Base based fighter bays could hold 10 to 12 fighters per bay. Limit the number of fighter bays based on the tech level of the base. Say tech 10 - 14 one fighter bay, tech 16 - 18 two fighter bays, tech 20 three fightrer bays.

4. Limit the number of fighters a team can deploy in a galaxy to something like 30. This applies to both ship and base based fighters.

5. Base based fighters can dock at any team base that has a fighter bay in order to refuel and rearm.

6. Let there be multiple types of fighters that the players can choose from based on char level and free fighter bay space... some of the fighter would be small and others fairly large.

7. Have multiple types of fighter bays. Ship bases bays that would be able to hold just 5 or 6 of the smaller fighters, and larger bays that will hold 5 - 6 of medium or large fighters.

8. Base based bays should only be one size... HUGE. Even tho the base(s) are limited in the number of active fighters at any given time the base should be able to support up to 100 fighters per bay.

9. Bases can have multiple fighter bays with some reasonable upper limit... say 5 or 10. Base based fighters can be any size that the player wishes to build.

10. Fighters can be moved by ships with fighter bays from base to base.

Missiles & Missile bays:

1. Pretty much the same as above only change fighter to missle.

2. Ships can have fighter and missile bays... if they have room.

3. Missile bays should have a seperate device called an Auto Loader that will increase the rate of fire.

4. Intelligent missiles will seek the next enemy target if the one they are locked on is destroyed.

5. Missiles have a limited fuel supply. This will limit their period of activity.

6. Missiles can be stealthed.

7. Create seperate missile launching platforms that can be deployed in a galaxy like drones are. These would be restocked by a ship selecting it and positioned over it and tossing the correct type of missle from the supply ship.

8. Stealthed intelligent missles can be deployed in a galaxy like drones but need no launcher... they just lurk and wait for trouble.

--------------------------

And while you're at it I still would really appriciate a seperate recall key for x-mas Tricks and another key to pickup other scoopable drones. :)

Last edited by Thummmper on Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:50 pm
Team: Star Wars
Main: Peter_The_Puller
Level: 804

someone making a galaxy with 12 bases with 16 fighters each for a seriously lagged system. If I bring down the maximum fighters you can deploy, then this would work.

Max fighters just like drones are maxed at 30. But since they are two different combat items the number should be different.

Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:35 pm
Profile WWW
Team: Admins
Main: The Voomy One
Level: 1337

I dont like the unaug your ship and destroy the augs. What about unaug your ship, destroy the ship and keep the augs? Or Destroy ship and 1 aug. The people that have combis (only obtainable once!!) will just loose them? More often than not, a single combi is worth more than the whole damn ship. With the exeption of DS, Rosie, and all the other newer ships that have/are being put in, a single combi is worth more than the ship. Which means you loose 3 combis (15-20b if bought) for a ship that costs like 800m to make? Kind of useless if you ask me.

Destroying the ship and keeping the augs would be broken. Destroying all augs on a ship was the only suggestion that the admins accepted to unaug a ship, it helps the economy and it can help players.
If you dont want to lose combo augs then simply dont use this feature on any ship that has combo augs. I know I will use this feature.

When it comes to combo augs they should either make the missions repeatable and nerfs the augs or remove them from the game completely.

Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:13 am
Main: Convivial
Level: 1145

Well, I would like to split slave slots into fighting and trading. If fighters are included in the fighting slots, it should be OK. How often are you going to be making an uber run at the exact time that your bases get under attack?

Or else fighters can just take zero slots and each fighter bay has a maximum number it can control. This is how I originally thought, but I was afraid of someone making a galaxy with 12 bases with 16 fighters each for a seriously lagged system. If I bring down the maximum fighters you can deploy, then this would work.

Either way sounds cool to me. Just a few questions:
1. I am assuming the basic Rhino Design had the ShM, MFM, and DM in mind (or at least the ShM and DM given the gear we have found so far) will it be redesigned at all to help the Fleet Commander and Gunner (the two new classes that look like freighter classes)

2. Will there be a Rhino Fighterbay?

3. Will there be Zebra Armada Fighters?

4. You said fighters will be buyable and buildable, will bps to build them start dropping a few weeks prior to the skill change to give people at the higher end a chance to start building some of the higher end fighters?

Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:25 am
Main: Cyphe12
Level: 1566

The problem isn't the AMOUNT of ai, its that they all group up into the same galaxies and stay there... I had to kill over 100 rosies/basils at one point, then found there were basiclaly none in any galaxies within 2 jumps... Down south theres a gal that often fills with 5+ picks, 10+ BGs, etc, and has basically no AI anywhere within a couple jumps... Perhaps some coding to limit how many AI will jump into a single galaxy? If theres more than 10 AI of a certain tech, the AI will go to another gal... That type of thing...

Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:18 pm
Main: deadwall
Level: 2053

ok is it jast me or do it look like camnder is going to be way way more pouerful than dm but under the same consapted? in fact peppel are allrady talling abut taking tham on uber runs but a dm is uselis on tham now

Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:46 pm
Main: Demiser of D
Level: 4

actually, now that i look at the missiles idea, they COULD make ordinary slaves a lot more effective... just get 5-6 slaves with missile bays on them, and your damage potential would go up tremendously.

Capital ships, when they go in, should be able to use 2-3 fighter and ship bays.

finally, i've been wondering about this for a while, could you just make a missile have a VERY low graphical requirement, and this take up less server space? or wouldn't that work for some reason.

thats all for now, thank you for the weekly updates though! this keeps up i might start paying! :P and playing.... :?

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Fuck you, Cygnus.

Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:38 pm
Team: Wraiths
Main: Trev_Light
Level: 94

i like the unaug idea of you can chose to destroy the augs and keep the ship or destroy the ship and keep the augs.
is 10 times the ship price a good idea for doing this.

Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:16 pm
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2