Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Team: Hot Shots
Main: Sylvester
Level: 4093

Bluejayek wrote:
if you cant already you should be able to remove specific augs. 1 aug for 1/3 cost.. 2 augs for 2/3 etc.

It should cost MORE to remove only specific augs, since then you're saving other augs that can be worth many billion.

-Slicer

agree'd

Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:42 am
Main: Nyarlathotep
Level: 1854

Does this mean I can finally unaug all the AI I cap? That is GREAT!!! BTW, please elaborate on the price, I can't get on now to test it myself.

Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:23 pm
Team: Admins
Main: The Voomy One
Level: 1337

Yeah it means you'll be able to unaug capped AI ships, it's gonna be pretty expensive though. Not sure about the exact price, it depens on the tech level of the ship.

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:02 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: _7_
Level: 5179

I see the "problem" of AI rag's returning...I'm sure there would be other issues also.

Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:18 am

The problem with AI rags was that the gear and ship itself could be sold for about 40mil each. being able to unaug a capped ship wont cause any problems like this. And since all ships that can be capped sucks there wont be a problem to allow players to put whatever augs they want on them.

Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:55 am

AI rags are cappable, and when you used to be able to unaug ships in copper, people did that to rag,s making uber low level base killing ships. The problem with ship being sellable has nothing to do with what I said....that got fixed aaaaageeees ago. And there are probably cappable ships that aren;t so bad, they just have always had crappy shit augs on them. I know I wouldnt mind some hotrod megas.

Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:24 am

Ai rags are cappable now? I doubt it since they where made uncappable. And what do you mean capping rags to make low level uber base killers? They are tech 10 and can be bought at any Ai station.....Or am I missing something?

Hotrod Mega might be one of those ships that can be worth capping and unauging. It's too hard for a F2P to cap though and it's not really anymore broken then the normal Hotrod for a P2P.

All other cappable ships that I know of are crappy....many of them only have 2 aug slots, many of them have very bad resists, if any. I dont know of any cappable ship that can compete with a buildable/ruin ship of the same tech level.

Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:38 am
Main: Arctic Munkey
Level: 2839

Caped rags have more augs slots voom. They have like 5-6.

Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:09 am

Ai rags are cappable now? I doubt it since they where made uncappable. And what do you mean capping rags to make low level uber base killers? They are tech 10 and can be bought at any Ai station.....Or am I missing something?

Hotrod Mega might be one of those ships that can be worth capping and unauging. It's too hard for a F2P to cap though and it's not really anymore broken then the normal Hotrod for a P2P.

All other cappable ships that I know of are crappy....many of them only have 2 aug slots, many of them have very bad resists, if any. I dont know of any cappable ship that can compete with a buildable/ruin ship of the same tech level.

ragnaroks are at ai and are uncappable(for the most part)

ragnarocks are higher tech i think 5 augs and decent base stats.

Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:10 am

You are missing something Voom...There are two types of Rag's, Ragnarocks and Ragnaracks...At least I think those are the two.... w/e either way there is an AI station one with 3 ( think) aug slots, whereas the AI piloted version has 5 aug slots, with its hull space and tech it could make a realatively formidable base killer. And ships aren;t just for fighting, several could become very good commerce slaves, such as the 5 aug rag, or hotrod mega.

Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:10 am

You are missing something Voom...There are two types of Rag's, Ragnarocks and Ragnaracks...At least I think those are the two.... w/e either way there is an AI station one with 3 ( think) aug slots, whereas the AI piloted version has 5 aug slots, with its hull space and tech it could make a realatively formidable base killer. And ships aren;t just for fighting, several could become very good commerce slaves, such as the 5 aug rag, or hotrod mega.

wrong ragnaroks and ragnaroCks

Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:20 am

Ah....I was thinking that it might be something like that....So the Ragnarock has 5 aug slots? That's the one in Handel's Cove?

In any case there's a simple solution to that problem, make it uncappable :P

Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:35 am
Site Admin / Dev Team
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1969

I'm going to change a few of the AI ships to give them less aug slots but more "bonus" augs, so that the AI ships themselves will have the same number of augs, but if you unaug them, you won't be able to put that many in yourself.

Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:43 am
Profile WWW
Team: Imperium
Main: Qu4NtuM
Level: 7753

Any idea when this gets implemented? Would like to unaug my liquid slaves and switch to radX, Seer's nerfness ain't worth the effort.

I have reasons for why I do things.

Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:13 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next