Level: 1638

(-_-) has a lvl 60 in a izer on his acc ... wooot hurray for old ss

Wasnt that account banned ?

Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:26 am
Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Skyfyre
Level: 2483

SO!

New mumble needs to be balanced around many different factors tho besides just ship hull tech level. My old porpoise still collecting dust at an ai base somewhere is *not even close* to what it was when you factor in new gear, tech 20 weapons, and much higher levels of aug tweaking.

The big question is, will new mumble be balanced around people having all these things, or *not* having all these things? If you balance towards the former it will open the game up more for newer players and teams. If you balance it around the latter, I'll probably still end up soloing it and selling p20 to newbies for vastly inflated prices due to the fact I'd have to dust off the bss or porp to do it. If you make it so that it requires an entire group of the uberest t19 ships with the uberest aug setups and uberest gear in the game to do, no one is getting p20 ever again because those people aren't ever gonna all be on line at the same time and willing to do mumble for some random newbie who needs p20...

Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:22 am
Team: Fear is the mind Killer
Main: Consafe
Level: 2447

not sure if this would work or not cause it does shut out help from ubers completley

You could make it imposibly to enter rumbles once you have the Piloting level it provides

ie - you can only enter Mumble if you have piloting 19 or less, if you have piloting 20 you cant get in

same for the others

if you have piloting 12 no entry to rumble

once you have 16 no entry to rumble 2

once you have 19 no entry to R3

it would stop an uber just hoping in a Tech19 ship and clearing Mumble, and mean it could be set up to a level where a few guys with P19 go in work together and all get P20 because once they have it if they leave they wont be able to go back in and help

You are of course gonna get people holding back an alt on P19 to help people maybe but that is a much bigger price to pay than just having to have a tech 19 ship to chuck all your gear into, and how many players have an alt with only P19 but weapons 20 or other uber skill, not many i expect

Ive been thinking about this issue alot recently and this is the only idea thats survived my own cross examination :?

Any thoughts :?:

Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:59 am
Profile ICQ
Main: Scybot 010
Level: 5469

not sure if this would work or not cause it does shut out help from ubers completley

You could make it imposibly to enter rumbles once you have the Piloting level it provides

ie - you can only enter Mumble if you have piloting 19 or less, if you have piloting 20 you cant get in

same for the others

if you have piloting 12 no entry to rumble

once you have 16 no entry to rumble 2

once you have 19 no entry to R3

it would stop an uber just hoping in a Tech19 ship and clearing Mumble, and mean it could be set up to a level where a few guys with P19 go in work together and all get P20 because once they have it if they leave they wont be able to go back in and help

You are of course gonna get people holding back an alt on P19 to help people maybe but that is a much bigger price to pay than just having to have a tech 19 ship to chuck all your gear into, and how many players have an alt with only P19 but weapons 20 or other uber skill, not many i expect

Ive been thinking about this issue alot recently and this is the only idea thats survived my own cross examination :?

Any thoughts :?:

The Rumbles need to be waaay easier then. Rumble 1+2 are okay, but 3 and Mumble are hard as hell with only t16/19 ship, if you dont have those uber t19 urqa ships

Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:27 pm
Team: Zero Gravity
Main: Milo
Level: 509

What about War Mong? P20 people could no longer get it....

Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:57 pm
Main: Scybot 010
Level: 5469

Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:29 am
Team: Fear is the mind Killer
Main: Consafe
Level: 2447

Right from the start of this post it was made clear that they will be made alot easier in line with any alterations, the idea is to make it possible for people to get P20 for themselves rather than having to pay ubers a bil+ or join a big team and wait your turn

On the war mongering front - it would be easy enough to relocate this skill outside rumbles :D

Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:21 am
Profile ICQ
Main: Hully
Level: 3812

Paxius explore missions are linked to the gals. If a person gets the skills before they do the pax missions then they have a problem since they cant enter the gals anymore. Dont forget to fix that also Jeff and crew.

Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:48 pm