Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Rat Zombie Slaves
Main: Caelestis
Level: 1959

Post Content Update, 3-1
In keeping with my goal to enhance the low end game a bit, I have been primarily working on the Nexus revamp, and a few extra galaxies for players after they exit the Nexus.

First, Nexus has gotten a bit larger. I've added four Quadrant galaxies that section off the various zones, and make it much easier to find the various custom DG in the Nexus. I am also working on having the Nexus directly connect to Sol, Paxius, and the new galaxy I just finished, Brigand's Stronghold. It will require a change to our Custom DG system, but it should be doable.

Brigand's Stronghold is a Pirate Mother Galaxy, similar to what Sol and Paxius are to Earthforce and Paxians. New players will be able to find missions to help them with skills, money and items in this galaxy, and they will be able to buy a set of tech 3 Blue Items. To go along with this, tech 3 Paxian gear will be found in Paxius and some of the Cadet set (not offered with the Rank missions) will be found in Sol. There will also be a full set of tech 5 gear for Paxius, Blue and Enforcer, obtainable primarily via missions for newer players.

I know people are waiting on Micron, and that is primarily Atlum's project, but I will be looking into it some to see if I can get it into the game a bit sooner.

Caelestis

Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:23 pm
Main: Cyphe12
Level: 1566

Tell Atlum to quit playing WoW! We want our engines 20!!! =D

Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:50 pm
Main: Nikon
Level: 500

hey thats great news, also, if you can put nexus off of sol/paxius, couldnt you also put the arena off of sol?

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:59 pm
Team: Admins
Main: The Voomy One
Level: 1337

Sounds good Cael. And thanx for looking into Micron, we really really want engine 20 and the stuff that's in there.

Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:00 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Nurokourri
Level: 5049

Brigands sounds nice, might be useful for my low-level RadX.

Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:22 pm
Team: Aidelon
Main: 80/80
Level: 1728

umm whats a good engine 20 only one i know of atm is qua vazuk and it suks....

Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:02 pm
Main: Nyarlathotep
Level: 1854

Sorry to sound noobish, but what IS micron?

Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:16 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Nurokourri
Level: 5049

Its a galaxy for racing missions, smaller sized gear (opposite of Gargan), and Engine 20.

Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:57 pm
Main: Goz
Level: 1564

Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:55 pm
Profile WWW
Main: zwi00
Level: 1950

thx cael cant wait for micron

umm whats a good engine 20 only one i know of atm is qua vazuk and it suks....

venusian motor, titan engine, zebra muscle, there are loads more and the qua vazuk doesnt suck, i believe it's the best engine in game for stealthed player.

i wonder how hard would it be to get engine 20 though, it seems 'easier' because there wont be need to kill something strong, but i bet it would be even more troublesome than copper atleast.

Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:13 pm
Profile WWW
Main: Goz
Level: 1564

your forgetting the annihlator thruster, and I bet theres gunna be demented engines or somthing crazy like that

Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:55 pm
Profile WWW
Team: Eminence Back
Main: Domeshot
Level: 4475

Very good cael. But now you're working for f2p's and showing them how much they can have without paying.

Also _ Micron is where you get a fast ship and there's warps that move.. there's stealthed planets that if you hit slow your speed down for several seconds. Me and nuro tried it out :)

Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:31 am
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Rat Zombie Slaves
Main: Caelestis
Level: 1959

It is more about showing new players what the rest of the game is like, not just giving content to people who are free to pay. If you go and play something like WoW, they do not just toss you into a giant world, completely clueless after the tutorial area, they gradually work you into it. Since it was commented many times the new player game was a bit too harsh, we are taking steps to gradually work players into the game and hopefully get them hooked.

As for Micron, it seems that the Red Course is mostly incomplete. I'll run through the Blue and Green Courses a few times and see if I can get any inspiration on obstacles to finish the Red Course. After the Red Course is finished, it is only a matter of timing all the race missions, which is very easy work!

Finally, I am considering an alternative bottleneck missions for the Augmenter Tweaking Bottlenecks. This one would offer no reward other than the Tweaking Skill and be a bit easier.

Caelestis

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:09 pm
Team: The Forgotten Colonies
Main: Antilzah II
Level: 2178

Finally, I am considering an alternative bottleneck missions for the Augmenter Tweaking Bottlenecks. This one would offer no reward other than the Tweaking Skill and be a bit easier.

Caelestis

Thanks for that one! So far I have done some low-lvl dg's, but I haven't got any minor condensors, only some arcadian aug bp's. You could also make those minor condensors drop a bit more. Or a lot more.

-- Blizzara

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:31 pm
Team: Vault 52
Main: radx3
Level: 840

Caelestis

Please add something in. I have 1 character I am doing all the Aug tweaking missions on. For AT4 it requires a full set of Minor Condensors. Using a LVL800 character, Piracy 5, with a Open Heart Laser (Surgical) I have not gotten a single Minor Condensor to drop.

This is after one shotting every low lvl AI in sight for 10 hours of in-game time now. There is no way a beginning player is going to still be getting any XP from those AI by the time they aquire a full set of Minor Condensors. This leads to boredom not fun game play.

The time a beginning character will be killing AI in the lvl range for Minor, Basic and Standard to drop is too short for a full set of them to be a requirement for Aug Tweak. All the Condensor bottlenecks do is force a player to kill AI below their lvl for no experience to get Aug Tweak.

Personally I have decided to not play this character until some form of alternative is introduced.

Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:09 pm